Have you been harassed on gag?

I'm really curious because hearing how others say they are. I'm wondering what's going on when they start to become harasssed by another.

I've been on here for over a year now and never faced any issues like that.

• Yes (explain)
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.

My pics were stolen and they asked rate me questions by writing "I'm a pig ass" on my picture.
    They stalked me and downvoted my opinions with their 6-7 duplicate accounts.
    They PMed me to either give my personal information or they will kill me.
    I humiliated them and didn't reveal anything so, they said that they'll utterly destroy me no matter what got it takes.
    They called names to my parents too.

In the end of the day. I'm still standing strong and they still have me in their nightmares 😏

• Thanks for MHO :)

• What the heck? That's crazy!

• @BelleGirl21 Yes, that's one of the reasons I left for four months. Nothing is worth ruining the peace of mind.

And yes, I found that being a regular member is more fun than being a mod. I was asked again, but I refused.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, a couple of times.
    I've been repeatedly stalked by the virgin hunter before.
    I've once had a female on here get mad at me for putting her in her place after she continuously harassed other people on here. She took my picture and made multiple questions making up lies about me (really stupid lies mind you) but the questions would get taken down within a minute (not my doing as at the time I didn't have that ability).

I've gotten a couple guys think I'm the spawn of all evil because I have a U next to my name and they think I'm out to get them and delete their accounts (mind you I can't even do that, only admins can). They have also called me a feminazi or whatever the fuck it is... But I don't even recall doing anything to earn that delightful badge.
    Last time I checked I was a leprechaun. Gosh.

• People who have any type of power will be hated on the most. If something goes wrong they end up being the first person others blame.

• I remember that incident. Hope you're not upset about it.

I'm afraid of becoming mod again because people don't like mods :/

• @YourFutureEx I gave up mine. Partially for that reason.

What Guys Said 33

• i've been flat out insulted in my inbox, but i just went along with that shit and they stopped lol.

no one has ever continuously harassed me

• I had a woman who posted a question that I responded to. She didn't like my answer Q:"why do guys keep leaving me at the table on our first date" and I suggested that perhaps the problem was with her rather then the guys. Well she didn't like it, and followed me around on my feed, pretty much anything I posted she would say something rude or derogatory on until I blocked her (the one and only person I have blocked). Then that was the end. I guess she closed her account as the site shows that I have no one blocked.

• Not that I know of, but my way of thought doesn't really make it possible anyhow
    I mostly shrug off stuff like that as people being unworthy of my attention.

I mean, I have had people message nude pictures, but even that I just delete
    and tell them to be on their way.. is that the kind of thing you mean by harrassment?

• I don't know what I mean by harassed really. Since I've never had it happen to me on this website. I was just wondering how others have been harassed. Since some people on here once I see what's all on their profile. It becomes really obvious why most of the time. Though I'm surprised about how some treated you. Maybe it's because your Japanese? So those people have a thing for Japanese dudes. :D

• i've had strangers message me and ask creepy things. I give a warning first. When they don't stop I show no mercy and look like this picture. :D
      encrypted-tbn3. gstatic. com/images

• You know you're in trouble when she gets starry eyed.. wait that's wrong..
      You know you're in trouble once she gets.. I got nothing. ^.^

Just give them the crazy eyes, ain't noone dealing with the crazy eyes. ^.~
      http://oi68.tinypic.com/imrsw1.jpg

• @9mfeo Not sure why you blocked me. A bit of childish reaction when I tried to help you counter a harasser. Anyway, here's my response since you felt I maybe was harassing you or was putting you on a tight spot.

You need to brush up on your Canadian laws. Every country should have at least a section about international rights or human international rights. I'm pretty sure Canada has one or foreign nationals will just abuse Canadian citizens because they're not protected. I wouldn't want to live in Canada if that were the case. I've visited other countries outside U. S. and always observed their laws, you're crazy if you don't. Some nations will just kill you on the spot if you fuck with their citizens, even if the other citizen is not of kin.

I think this discussion has concluded and really is not an ongoing concern to you anymore, since you mentioned that he moved on to the next victim or committed suicide. I believe you were just unaware of your own laws and felt helpless of the situation since you thought your laws can't protect you against a foreign national.

• @Asker, not that I know of. Although some people can be quite sensitive if you try to point out the obvious and when they react in a negative way, then they tend to get abused verbally to the extent of receiving threats.

I meant no harm to 9mfeo, in fact I was laying some prevention tips for her to use. I guess we can't help those people for what seems like a personal problem for them even when it's not.

• "No" and it's probably because people think I'm a big scare black man or so ___ (I won't name her) says lol

• A few mild cases of people abusing me for my age - At the start it got to me but I don't respond and it has faded away plus I tend to stay away from drama so that has helped.

• Me too... thick skin helps, but my don't give a rats-ass attitude lets me sleep at night!

• Thankfully no. But it would be a funny test to see who is the first to give up on trolling the other.

• Yes, and it's is always by someone by the name of Anonymous. ;-) The anon feature really gets abused here a lot. And I've had a couple of women (who I suspect were actually men posting as women) try to engage me in talking dirty to them in private messages. I'll have a frank conversations with anyone, but unless I know someone well, I'm not going to engage in dirty talk. So they got blocked.

• No but over a year ago some hater made a thread on me It was funny

• Yes I have been by a couple girls.

• I haven't been harassed on here, I think it mainly happens to girls.

• Okay, I wonder how many of you have actually been abused here, because I have aspergers syndrome and I've never been abused, even with some of the outlandish shit I've said

• The worst anyone's ever done to me is get the last word in on a conversation and then block me. What do you people even consider abuse?

• That's what I'm wondering too. Since not many people are explaining in depth on how they were harassed.

• I'm thinking microaggressions like "He said my hair wasn't nice enough" lol

• I've had a few salty messages before. I usually toyed with them until they blocked me.

• nahh

• impossible xD if they get on my nerves, i just block them.

• Can't say that I have.

• You haven't faced any issues... Yet 😈

• there are a few trolls and catfishes who insulted me but apart from that... nope

• Yes, right now to be honest.

• Honestly that's funny as hell that she makes being blocked by you so important. that she's still hunting you down for it. She must not have much of a life.

• Lol she does not have much of a life. The point is I blocked her for how she behaved to me in the first place. I just think a year later and still has not got over it is pretty pathetic in my view.

• no never had any issues

• It sucks other people have been insulted through pm's, but I haven't tbh

• No im lucky I haven't had this happen to me

• no I'm too honest so they get scared and annoyed of me
    so I don't get harassed much

• Hm no not yet.

• More like molested..

@thisdudehere
    This guy is a monster.

• i harass tons of people on GaG

• not really

• Yeah for being a Muslim 😒😒😒

• no but I've been told i m the one harrassing when they didn't have anything to say.

• Yes, 3 times

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 25

• Pffff harassed? I got raped on this site.

We should stop virtual rape ta'day.

But hey, hey, wait, wait. I got called so many names by a circle jerk on here. The same circle jerk abused the downvote function and I had 5-7 downvotes for a week and half on my opinions just to show they don't want me in the community. I got called racist and Nazi and Islamophobic a million times for a long time and I still get called names for talking against Islam as a religion and culture. There was an entire thread that people talked about me and how racist and bigoted I am in it. A catfish went on every thread that I was mentioned in them and spent an hour arguing with the person who mentioned me to prove to him/her I'm a racist and a bad person basically. Some black guy that I didn't even know why he's suddenly antagonistic towards me mentioned me in some questions calling me racist, even though you can't actually find any kind of racism in any of my posts. The same guy after I pissed him off by him calling him "unintelligent black man" because he insisted on mentioning and insulting me on questions, Messaged me and and insulted me over and over and over and in the end told me "If I see you in Toronto you're finished".

And still, I don't say I got "harassed" or all of that had any effect on me or my life even though that guy actually said "if you come to Toronto and I see you you're finished" it's simply threatening me to death.

But I don't see how people take all these seriously. If I went to Toronto and he saw and attempted to attack me he would have a bullet between his eyes before he touch me. I don't even think about it.

I don't understand what's so important about virtual harassment when there is a block function that you can basically completely get rid of the person with it. I did have to use it and for good. I don't even care about those people.

Why do you even talk to people if you don't like it and they are asking too many questions? You want to be nice? Being nice doesn't mean not thinking about your own ease of mind. If you are too nice and can't defend yourself that is the sign of an unhealthy mind.

Just don't take it seriously. Internet harassment is absolutely nothing. And has absolutely no impact in real life if you aren't too simple minded yourself to take internet people seriously.

I don't see how people consider themselves really harassed. The very concept of having internet harassment as a serious issue is absurd to me.

• Maybe they bat shit insane seeing the word "hitler" in your user name? Even still that's a stupid reason. Since they have no proof of you ever being any of those things.

• Don't reveal it, but tell me, was that black guy a mod?

I read a lot of opinions from him and whenever I tried to hide those, the admins took down the whole thread.

• @YourFutureEx I don't think he was. he was a Canadian black man. And later after 5-6 months I think he realized he is mistaking.

It is the internet. By the way, nice to see you again.

• Yes.

When I first joined, some dude PMed me. I messged him back because he seemed normal enough. Eventually he got to asking me these simultaneously boring but also very intrusive questions. I didn't want to answer them, so I stopped messaging him back.

About a week later, I answered one of his questions that he posed to the community because it was actually halfway interesting. Then, he flips out at me for not responding to his PMs. I'm a mean, evil witch. He doesn't deserve to be ignored like that. I'm going to rot in hell. Naturally, I block him.

A few weeks later yet, I change my profile photo to an old photo of me on Facebook. Buddy sees this after I unknowingly shared an opinion on one of his anonymous questions. He uses reverse image search to find me, makes multiple accounts to harass me (and my friends and family) and threatened to kill myself and my best friend (whom he thought was my boyfriend) because "you need to stop being a whore for Indian cunts."

I'm not sure if he's still active on this website, but for a while after I blocked him on Facebook and explained the situation to the Gag admins (who only gave him a warning) he would still yell abuse on anonymous questions. I'm still hesitant to answer questions by an anonymous 25-29 year old male.

• Damn girl, that was quite an entertaining story. It sucks you went through that shit, but you shouldn't hesitate to answer posts from Anons or by that person. What can they really do to you, jump out your screen and wring your neck? I chuckled at the failed attempts of folks that does shit like that though.

• I can relate to the vicinity part, but I never let 1 person, of insignificance value or have zero impact in my life, affect me. Honestly, this man clearly doesn't really care because he is enjoying the fact that he is getting a reaction out of you. Some people are just like that. You ignoring his comments, ignores his existence will probably hurt his ego or whatever fueled him to be this way against you. "You hear that? Never mind, I thought I heard something." People would just probably look at this idiot like a dumbass when you just ignore him and keep on walking when he blasts "slurs" at you publicly. This idiot is just a sad lonely person that needs attention from someone. Why allow one man to ruin your whole day? This idiot means NOTHING to you. A NOBODY.

You have the option to file for harassment or completely ignore his incessant behavior. Be proactive, not reactive to the situation. So many solutions you can use to break free from being harassed.

• @Baggz seeing as he's American, Canadian law can't do a whole hell of a lot. Maybe he's harassing and stalking someone else by now. Maybe he's jumped off a bridge.

It's very easy for you to just brush off death threats as you, as a man, are not taught by society to placate men because they could snap and kill you or rape you at any second.

• I've only had to deal with mild to moderate stuff. Like there was some European kid who got angry that I hid his posts telling people to "go fuck yourself" so he decided to hang out in my inbox calling me names for awhile. Which was fine with me because more evidence of harassment.

Then there's always a few boys who fall for misogyny trolls and then get pissy when their "friend's" account deactivates and blame it on me for some reason. Like even if I wasn't even ON the question they're like "ermahgawd BellePepper sucks"

Oh! And then one of the angry boys made a spoof account that lasted about 20 minutes. That was sad.

The big difference for me compared to a lot of people is that when someone is being a jerk to me I can do something about it. That makes a lot of problems smaller. Other people who have to deal with that behavior don't always have that luxury.

• yesss I have been harassed. Thankfully just once since I've been on GaG, partially just lurking but active for 2 years now.

Came out of nowhere and truly for no reason other than the entertainment of that one individual. Shame but hey.. at least I can deal with hate much better now. :)

• I've been harassed once. The guy kept trying to push me for personal information like my full name, where I lived, my phone number, Facebook, etc, and then would get angry when I said I wouldn't give it to him. He also attempted to know way too much of my personal and sex life, which I don't really talk about. I eventually got up the courage to block him.

• good use of the block feature lol

• Damn you should have went bitch mode on the dude. Always give warnings first and when they don't listen. SHOW. NO. MERCY! :D

• Waaaait, I said I hadn't been harassed, but your comment made me think of the one and only guy I've blocked on here. Might be the same one, hah.

• There's some anon 25 - whatever dude who is like... obsessed with me. Like goes out of his way to comment on my questions and mytakes and then proceeds to bitch about what I write / ask.

Like bruh nobody is forcing you to read my shit, I'm sorry you're just grossly obsessed with me.

• Yup. Those are the people who now reside on my block list. People who can't take the 50 hints that you throw their way about not wanting to be bothered.

• Thankfully no but I think it's cause I'm a moderator and therefor they are scared :P

• Thankfully no , but i have blocked quite a few creepers

• nope I don t think so
    I don t really care anw

• I said I didn't celebrate Christmas, and got attacked for my religious views.
    Never posted anything religion related again lol.

• They probably did it thinking your Muslim or something. So thanks to what ISIS has done over the past couple of months. People have now become crazy paranoid. It's really sad and stupid of them to freak out like that.

• I have not thankfully. It's a shame that anyone has been.

• I dont understand why is it so bad to block when people say shit to them 😂

• lol, yes. yes i have.

• Other than a few arguments and insults, no

• yup By a few people. Mostly girls. And two or three guys.

• Two guys were made that I didn't want go out with them. The other one was mad I was a lesbian! And the few girls were just hating apples and than I had one call me attention seeker. And another say i give worthless answer. I was like Damn this is suppose to be fun not homework! Like Bitch! really hahhah! Anyway... yeah!

• Well as long as I'm around I won't allow anyone to put you down. Not ever 👑🍏

• @Victorianna aww (:

• Yes. By a couple people. One guy who is still a fairly active gager followed me around harassing me on tons of questions. I finally blocked him.
    And then some cowardly anln kept asking rude questions about my personal life.

• If you had a penis this wouldn't happen to you. (Or at least I hope).

• though telling these people you have a penis is probably a good way to get them to stop.

• @Levin I've told people so many times I have a penis... looks like I'm going to have to pull out the photos 😉

• Yes. Harassed, bullied, stalked, gotten death threats sent to. All of it.

• You got death threats? Wow, that's insane!

• i ain't tryin to tussle with you. you're like the eminem of gag.. the 1 person you don't wanna pick a fight w/.

• He described what? Did you report this to the admins or something? Some types of people on this planet are just... ridiculous.

Don't worry about him though, hun. He wouldn't even dare touch one string of hair from your head.

• yes i have been harassed on GAG before

• not really harassed but many annoying people who apparently don't know what "no, not interested" means

• Yes, I have. It was last year when I had my old account.

• By guys I have been about how I look and other stuff that I don't want to discuss haha

• Yeah if you're a girl your basically fu ked on this website XD

• @Jon_Gre_g More like just fucked when it comes to the internet. It's a place that isn't merciful if you show any parts of your body below the neck.

• He he pretty much. We guys have it a lot easier I'll tell you that XD

• Um, no, can't say it has happened 😊 At least not yet 😅 Thankfully 😁

• Nope...

• Yes, each time I come back to the site two people always message me, demand I answer stupid questions I have never shown an interest in and then start calling me nasty names. Same two people. Because I have a new username they must not be able to put two and two together.

One is the mod who is a fruit fan. He's a nasty piece of work.