Have you ever noticed that the MHO percentages fluctuate?

I dont know if its me but some days I would notice I have a good 12% then the next couple days it is back at 11%. :o :o :(

Does the MHO rate per person change daily?

If yes , is it due to how often you come on gag?

cause I would be honest, I do skip a day or so.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean seriously? Like the other guy said, it's basic math :o

First I would recommend reading the FAQ on MHO, and understand when they are assigned, and what counts for what.

Then, if you answer 100 questions, and all of them have assigned mho to someone, you get your percentage of mho from there. It's just a percentage, it's not a dubious rating.

So if you have 10 out of 100, you have 10% mho.

But then you start answering some more questions, and then you'll only have for instance 10 mho, but this time, out of 106 for instance.

So you make a percentage of 10/106 = 0.094
    Multiply by 100, and round it up, and you now have only 9%

So the way of increasing it, it to acquire more mho in questions. The way to mantain is to keep the ratio OR don't comment on anything. Or just post comments to opinions instead of questions..
    (but please, don't stop answering just because of this, if you're here for the fun, don't mind mhos. If you mind mhos, then you need to put a bit more of effort into the answers :) )

Let me know if that explanation left more doubts than answers

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq
    Look into "What are MHO". It really is simplesimple math, for those who are familiar with ratios (ok, I'll admit, it is simple even for those not familiar with it)

• If you're interested, I used a method to raise mine from 16 to 21 once. I admit, I did it just for the blue badge, cause it just looks cool to me :p

I can reveal it in pm, if anyone wants to know (it's a basic trick though)

• thanks , I will

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, the MHO percentage for a particular member does change over time. It changes based on how often you post opinions. If you post more opinions but don't get many MHO's then that will impact your percentage and vice versa (posting less opinions while receiving more MHO's). It is based on opinions you have posted to questions that have an MHO selected, and what percentage of those questions has YOUR opinion selected as MHO. Hopefully that makes sense :)

What Guys Said 5

• Mine has only been rising even though the rate at which I post opinions has been fluctuating. I could post barely 5 opinions one day, twenty the next, 10 the one after that and then nearly 100 the one after that. And my mho percentage stays at it is. And it has only risen the past few months. I have never actually seen it drop.

• Hmm, that is interesting. Thanks for the insight tho.

• I notice the more active I am, it goes up and stays the same when I am quiet.

• ... Yeah It's basic math

• I have been at %11 for the longest time.

• I assume it's a real time thing.

What Girls Said 6

• Sometimes I notice that my percentage went up by one.. though not often. I think it's only gone up 2% within the past few months. -_-

I think it'll only fluctuate based on not how many posts you make, but how many of those posts were opinions left on questions where the one you left was selected as MHO. So.. like you might've made 20 posts today, with no change to your MHO percentage just yet because no MHO's were selected off of those yet. So fluctuations happen only once either your opinion has been selected, in which case your % will increase, or someone else's is selected, in which case your % will decrease.

• yeah i have!!! ):

• Mine just raises slowly, but now it's staying at 11%.
    But I have days when I post a lot and days when I post just one opinion, but I'm wondering how isn't it decreasing based on the crap I post on the days I'm actually posting. 😂

• it's the ratio of mho to non-mho
    if you keep posting but don't get mho that raises your non-mho so your mho% decreases

• @COCOCHANEL I see now... :) thanks

• Because when you answer more questions it changes...

• It depends. But chances are high that the more you answer, the lower your percentage is going to be.

• Why do you think so?

• It's simple math. *Unless* you get MHO nearly every single time, your percentage is going to gradually go down. Say you answered 100 times in one week, and only get 5 MHO. 5/100 is a very low percentage. But if you answered 10 times in that week instead, and still got 5 MHO, your percentage for that week is going to be 50%. Just apply that to your overall answers and MHOs... and yeah.

• oh I see, Thanks for giving me new insight into this matter :)