Why don't people answer my questions? And how to get your questions noticed?

I'm just trying to get some advice about some problems and situations in my life but it seems that people just comment on the not so serious and silly questions. There are questions I've asked where there has been 0 comments. How do I stand out?

Most Helpful Guy

• If there is no reason to go anonymous, then don't. People can follow identified people, but when anonymous, people cannot follow you and see your question.

Make your question short and to the point. Details in the description, not the question.

Use good writing habits. Group like thoughts in paragraphs, not running one thought into another with no breaks.

If something is not important to the question, leave it out. Worthless information will cause people to stop reading.

Read it through before submitting. If it does not make sense, we can't answer it.

Once you are sure it is ready, do not submit it until a time at which lots of people, especially those who follow you, are on. If you submit it when things are slow on here, it will not get much response, even if you get a couple of answers. If you post it when people are likely to answer, those answers will also cause it to show up in the feeds and get more responses.

Respond to the opinions. Every time activity happens on your question, it will show up in the feed again, reaching more people. You should give it a few minutes before responding, but not too long. Spaces out the "hits" on the feed nicely.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are plenty of reasons people may not be as interested in your question.

1. Do not go anonymous if possible. I understand that you may be sharing a very personal issue and do not want your identity attached to the question. However, many users prefer to answer questions with someone's profile attached to it. It makes it more personable, of course.
    2. Try to come up with an interesting question. Nothing too long or too short.
    3. The same goes for the details of your question. Do not have a wall of text, but try to give some extra information to help the readers understand your issue. Too much text can overwhelm the eyes and too little text may not allow users to understand exactly what the issue is, so they're left wondering how to respond (and end up just skipping over the question).
    4. Make sure your grammar and punctuation is as correct and neat as possible. If you really think you need a paragraph or two of text to explain yourself, make sure it's broken down well and easy to read as already mentioned.
    5. Your situation may be hard to relate to, so people aren't exactly sure how to respond.

Keep those things in mind and I hope all the responses you've been given help you.

What Guys Said 16

• Why people don't answer your questions there can be various reasons for that:

1. Your questions are too long and too detailed and so not everyone likes to read such long questions, after all longer the question means more the effort needed to read and understand that. hence not everyone will prefer reading such questions.

2. They are not able to come up with a meaningful reply or the right words to reply with.

3. There is no actual question to answer to in your post.

4. The content of your question is either uncomfortable or inappropriate so users may prefer not to answer it.

5. If it's not one of the above then I am not sure what it could be.

There can be many more reasons

• I reply to anything that grabs my attention on my feed. Maybe you need to title the questions better.

• Don't add too much text under the question... no 3 paragraph book or people will not read it :-(
    Also, try to ask questions that will not make people say "oh gosh another one of those" :-(
    And, look for question subjects that make it possible for many to answer. If you ask "girls, guys, do you like big earrings" almost any GAG'er can answer :D
    If you ask "girls, do you also dance zumba wearing overalls" there's a good chance you'll see few answers!

• I've only asked 3 questions and 2 had a hot korean girl in them lol. Try and make it something that you're interested in and make it interesting for others. Write something personal, share a experience or just ask a interesting question that hasn't been asked a million times already. Something that hasn't been experienced by everybody but makes you unique. And only write it if you really want to know what people think, it's important to you.

• It could be length of the question, but it could also be that if you ask anonymously not as many people seem to respond to those

• Usually I have long descriptions but that's only because I want to make sure I get everything out. And every question I've asked has been anonymous so I should probably just break out of that. Thanks!

• Start with an interesting title, keep the detail in your question short and use a picture/gif if you're up for it.

It also helps if you don't go anon, a lot more people are willing to answer your questions once they know who you are.

• - make sure to have a catchy title
    - questions like "does he like me" are very unpopular because who the fuck should know
    - don't post walls of text and if your questions is longer, have it at least well formatted. people don't like reading much
    - I know, there is probably a good reason for posting anon, but people are more likely to answer if they see the person. also posting with your name makes it appear on the feed of the people who follow you. so make sure you have followers.

• Save up 750 points and get your question featured or spam it til you get the help you need

• Sometimes people don't know how to answer a question so if you have the appropriate details, it makes it easier to make an answer. But don't go too overboard with the details. Just the most important bits.

If the question is long and needs a long description, make sure you put paragraphs in so it doesn't look like one big chunk. Also the wording of the header question is important too. Make it so it stands out. Maybe CAPS to emphasise a key word.

• That is very true. Stupid questions get more answers than really good ones. Try following users so they will see and answer your questions.

• The thing is that I ususally post things anonymously and its not like their sexual questions or anything it's just I don't like showing my profile name. I'm not sure why. I'll make sure and use this advice. Thanks!

• Cool, now I'm curious about your questions.

• I've noticed that as well. Maybe try asking questions that require little effort to answer. I'm joking but I've noticed questions about penis size and similar inane questions usually get plenty of answers.

• Yeah it seems as if people really like commenting on sexual questions. I just ask questions and have longish descriptions so I guess I need to shorten it as much as I can. Thanks for the advice!

• Maybe google an interesting picture that fits the topic? And an eye catching title, and try to edit it and get rid of the fluff that isn't important.

• Wow. I hadn't really thought of that. I never pay attention to adding an image. On that was really helpful. Thank you!

• Nobody wants to answer your questions because you're anonymous.

• Title should grab your attention in the first sentence.. Keep it short and sweet

• Make sure you use paragraphs when you type

• nobody has to.

• You are under 18. People don't need to get put in jail.

• They're not sexual questions.

What Girls Said 7

• if u wanna get it more noticed, come up with a catchy title, and keep the details straight to the point without babbling. a picture can help too, just like a quote or meme, or whatever, to get some opinions =]

• Going as anonymous really limits who see the posts I have noticed. Your followers will see your post right off the bat if you are not anonymous. So try posting some questions without using the anonymous button and see if that helps. It has helped me in the past.

• I don't really follow people on here cause it never was a big deal to me but I guess there is an advantage to it. I guess i need to stop checking the anonymous box but I'm so attached to it lol. Thanks for answering!

• I used to go anonymous all the time so I understand! Lol good luck!

• If you have 750 xper points to use, feature the question. Keep it short but informative

• Wow this gott responded to awfully fast lol. I try to keep it short but I have so much I need to say. Thanks for the helpful advice! 😊

• I'm usually on around this time and spend most of my time in the no opinion section on GaG lol but once one person comments a lot of other people will comment after, your question just needs to have the ball to start rolling then you'll be ok :) and no problem

• Don't type too much as most people don't want to read long questions.

• Sometimes the descriptions are too long, maybe you should shorten them.

You have to think of an intriguing questions that maybe someone else could relate to themselves.

• I'll take that into account. Thanks for commenting and helping me out!

• I'm less likely to answer an anonymous question asker who has no reason to go anon due to my history with excessive anon trolls. I am aware I can block them but my history with anon trolls started on my old account before the block anon feature was introduced and it was hell. So I don't even bother with anon questions that have no reason to be anon

• They dont have an answer for you or they just dont care...