Does everyone use their real names on GAG... Or is anyone so paranoid they have to use aliases :) just wondering :) ?

Updates:
I mean obviously if you use a "name" lol

0|1
18|28

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a pen name because I'd be too easy to locate using the phone directory.
    (Just for fun, I once looked up an Aussie teacher I met on the internet and showed her a photo of her school. Those searches can be easy)

If I mention a vacation, burglars would know there's nobody at home at my address then.

I also got threats on other sites, as did other people.(one even got firebombed) And I don't want a girl (or a gay guy) ringing on my door either. :)

Several good reasons thus. Nothing paranoid, elementary precautions.

2|0
    0|0
    • Upvote for you :- ) I have been told by people in my real life that they try to locate me on various social media platforms using my full name and date of birth and they couldn't find anything (because GAG is all I have). I don't think I would enjoy GAG anymore if they find their way here. GAG is a place for me to relax when I feel stressed and need time away from people in my real life.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• Paranoid? Uhm, have you read the news in the past three years? I think in a time when the US government works together with large corporations such as Facebook, Google and Apple to systematically spy on its citizens AS WELL AS people all around the world and in a time when whistleblowers who have the courage to inform the world about this have to escape to Russia and are threatened by the US government to be imprisoned for life, I think one cannot possibly be too "paranoid". It's already bad enough that the NSA saves my data every single time I go on google and type something in there.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have no problem with telling you my real name but I won't use it publicly because people dont care what my real name is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone on here uses their real name as their user name? I've never see any case of that. I notice that you used Tania in your user name, so I'm presuming that is your real name. But I'm also guessing that "1993" doesn't appear in your real name, so you technically aren't using your real name, either.

0|0
    0|0
  • First name basis is fine, but obviously not many people are even comfortable sharing that; it's online after all

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I ever use my real name on the internet? lol. No thanks, people are way too willing to give away their private information nowadays. I don't even have a single photo on facebook.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go by a nick name people know me by on all websites that I go on and stick around on

0|0
    0|0
  • I use a pseudonym - my real name isn't that great. Actually, my real name is so common that it would make a better alias than the one I go by.

0|0
    0|0
  • most people don't use their real names and mine definitely isn't Yumix either... even thought I'd like that much more lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My first initial and my last name are my username. But most here know my real name is Stephen because id rather be called that

0|0
    0|0
  • My username is my job (Not so creative I know) I've said my first name around GAG a few times but I'll never say my last name on here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll give u three guesses as to what my name is

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope i've had someone track down my address once :O that crazy bitch...

0|0
    0|0
  • Paranoid. Gotta hide my name.

0|0
    0|0
  • My name Anpu is a pen name that I use

0|0
    0|0
  • nahhh im paranoid

0|0
    0|0
  • not paranoid... i just don´t want my name to popp up on google search, if you search me. that´s why.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people have before.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you think "BeerFarts" is my real name? Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • My name is Anno Domini. Scout's honor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hello my real name is Gabriel

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I use such a dork name if it wasn't mine?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I use my full name

0|0
    0|0
  • Having an alias is cool in this wonderland called the web

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm using my real name

0|0
    0|0
  • hi, i am microcephalic

0|0
    0|0
  • I use my real name nothing to hide or hide from.

0|0
    0|0
  • It'd be funny if ma username was ma real name actually... it's related wid shit hahahahaha...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• Alias. Jk real name. Jk name spelled differently

You'll never know
    33.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_mgndmnBeuR1qhmbfx.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • My name is Victoria or Vicki as most people call me. Anna Maria is my middle name. Named after my Italian Grandmother.- Anna Maria. Hence, Victorianna

0|0
    0|0
  • Like, as a username? Yeah, my name is definitely tea.

2|1
    0|0
  • Only a few people on this site know my name. Otherwise I'm just Azure :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you kidding some on GAG are so paranoid they don't even post under a username. They do everything anonymously.

2|0
    0|0
  • My username doesn't reveal my real name but some people on here know my name :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I really am bellegirl. My parents named me that because I was such a stunningly gorgeous baby. 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • My username is partially my real name.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Not using your real name on a website with a lot of nasty people is good sense.

2|0
    0|0
  • My username is my initials. But I've told people my name.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never put my name out there. I don't play with that stuff. Who knows what someone could do with that information? And I have a unique name so it probably wouldn't be that difficult to find me.

0|0
    0|0
  • My username is not my real name

0|1
    0|0
  • Few people here know my name everybody else knows me as Ginny

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Kris is not my name. Not even close to my real name.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell people my name when they ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • My username is the combination of a code name and a nickname.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use my first three letters of my name.

0|0
    0|0