Keep the like button look or change it?

Also what would you think would be a better look for it?

For me I don't like it. It's mainly due to the fact that it's nothing original. I just keep thinking of the thumbs up form facebook. To me doing arrows would look better and different than the thumbs up thing. Though I'm sure there are other websites that do that too.
Keep the like button look or change it?

• Keep
  • Change
  • Different idea than both (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if it's possible, but i just leave this ideia.

Base on these kind of icons:
    image.shutterstock.com/.../...ymbols-350670551.jpg

Use 2 options:
    - Happy face
    - Neutral face

• Gag is probably to lazy to code that. Though I don't know how much coding is needed to create those.

• I think it's just a png file and it's done.
      Do you like it?

• That would be awesome since I picture faces like from Skype. :D Then having like a little scroll down thing. To let you pick which face your meaning. Though that probably would take up to much room to do sadly. :( Though that would be awesome if they could have that as you could put them as a reply and not have to add words.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I think the arrows would be better

What Guys Said 10

• Change

• Just leave it the way it is. Chill on the changes for a while.

• Keep it, it gives the message needed in my opinion.

• I agree - Thumbs up reminds me of facebook - The arrow is a good GaG thing

• Change it back. Many a*hole answers deserve a dozen down votes, but now the worst they get is no likes.

• Arrows aren't original. Thumbs aren't original. Smiley faces aren't original. It's all been used before.

• Change the like button to a kermit the frog or one of Bill Cosbies drugs because he is my hero!

• I don't really care... I'm just happy that they got rid of all those hearts lol

• I'm not 100% sure of the meaning of this question, but I think they should keep, the like button, but also add a dislike button, because that way I can dislike offensive posts, or questions, if they don't fully fit the blocking criteria

• I mean how the like button looks like. ATM it just looks like the thumbs up from facebook

• Well, I dunno how they'd regulate that, but I think they should somehow reimplaament it

• I think they are just grounding the one's that went over board.

Which ends up being kind of like why certain laws exist. Kind of like when certain amounts of people. Keep doing the same bad things or keep hurting themselves. A law is put trying to stop others from doing it. Which in some cases ends up taking away some fun rights away from others that didn't do anything wrong.

So thanks to those people abusing the downvote button. Gag wasn't getting a more accurate poll on each thing when it came to downvoting. Then other people were getting upset over all the downvote spammers. So then what I think happened. Gag just said fuck it and just took it away all together. So now as a community they are probably going to make us try and earn it back.

• go back to what they had before

What Girls Said 1

• Nope! Ew that looks ugly! haha!