Would a rating slider convenient for 'how do I look' questions?

A lot of users ask to rate themselves on a scale of 1-10. Some add polls, while some don't.

Do you think we should have an option to add a slider scale to get rated?
I took this idea from ign. com
It is convenient as asker doesn't need to add poll and it'll automatically tell the mean rating from the community.
It would be fun tool too.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• We shouldn't be doing anything to encourage people to reduce themselves to numbers.

• Like I said to Dandeus, you can always block a topic if you don't like it. Just because you don't find them productive, it doesn't mean that others won't get anything from it. Someone is getting genuine help from these questions. Every one has his/her own ways to seek pleasure.

• "All your justifications to me are "other people are doing it, so I can toooooo"."
      memesvault.com/.../Facepalm-Meme-Gif-08.jpg

• Hey bro. It's your argument. not mine.

• I don't like rating people with numbers; I think it is demeaning, however, it is nice idea for people who ask for it.

• Cool idea!

• That would be pretty cool.

• Yes sounds great 👍

• I voted B.
    Why not have a rating slider convenient for"how is my personality" questions instead? :-)

I remember once upon a time, about 6 years ago in the old GAG, there's this section called "Would you date me?" which came with a rating slider too.
    Just sharing :- )

• I wonder if that section was removed because GAG isn't a dating site.

• Yes, there was really something like a rating slider at that time. I remember rating a cute and pleasant-looking HongKong girl 8/10 to let her know that she is datable. That was the one and only time I have ever rated anyone on GAG. I saw her posting questions on GAG daily asking questions about her crush and worrying that she is not good-looking enough to attract him and so I tried to help her a little.

• Oh I didn't know that.

What Guys Said 9

• It sure is fun and a great thing to happen but on hind sight I voted 'B' just cause, remember how people that wanted to upvote would wind up downvoting owing to some error either by GAG or their mouse / touch pad / touchscreen or submit something w/o intending to at that point in time etc?

Imagine the same thing happening with the touch slider :) trust you get my drift :D

• Well, the slider doesn't have to be irrevocable.

• There's difference between votes and this. Before you vote, you cannot see/check the results, that's why we can't change our input, while before using the slider, the community ratings would already be visible.

• Let's talk about this once GAG comes up with it :D ;)

• I don't know - I am very wary of the whole scale thing because there is no uniformity unless large numbers of users answers - I in favour of generalising it out rather than make it specific, people would obsess about it like I can see it now, my figure was 7.27 how can I get to a 7.5 or an 8.0.
    We had enough problems with 10/10 guy on Tinder and Instagram.

• Yes, I got what you mean. At the end of the day, it'd depend upon personal maturity and self esteem.

• People, especially trolls, would abuse the system.

• These questions shouldn't be encouraged by designing a feature just for them. This isn't hotornot. com

• That would be cool.

• I'm gonna block that category. I'm tired of seeing boobs and asses. And I was never tired of seeing them before.

• Yeah sounds fantastic, I would never trespass into that section though

• No! Sliders are terrible on mobile

• Thanks.

It should work flawlessly like recommend questions/myTakes work on mobile.

• I thought that category was created to make those types of questions easier to ignore.