Do you think the gag community is less negative?

As in less negative since they took the downvote away.

Honestly I don't think taking away the downvoting has changed the negativity on here. Just makes it so that nobody can see it. So I think it's still there and nothing has changed at all. Ex that you can't see if someone dislikes a question, mytake, or comment.

• Yes it's less negative
  • No it's still the same
  • I have no idea

Most Helpful Guy

• No I still see just as many offensive answers, and offensive questions, and other offensive things, it hasn't cahnged much, just made it impossible to abuse the downvote button

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, considering the guy who likes to anyone who disagrees with him a feminazi is still here along with the misogynists that literally think women are the root of all evil are still here and the perverts spamming dick pics are still here same old, same old.

I agree with the point that people are still annoyed with another but it's just less visible. Which kind of makes it dumb to me. Like... that doesn't resolve the issue. It just builds up until things erupt all over the comments and a ton of comments are deleted. It's silly.

What Guys Said 25

• Removing the down vote was the best move Gag has made in my observation.
    I assume the level of negativity innate with gloomy people hasn't changed, but at least one way to show it against others has been removed.
    As for the now-I-have-to-type-my-disagreements argument, I think any disagreements they truly felt passionate about they would bring up regardless of downvoting. But then again, IDGAF about anyone that disagrees with me lol, like who even cares?

• I don't know, I don't really notice these things but anyway. . . here's a gif I want to start posting this one

www.bloomberg.com/.../buffett_vs_musk.gif

• i don't think it changed too much, not significantly anyways, but as far as negativity goes, I think that all depends on whos online at the time of day lol.

• Yes it is

I hate it. GAG is dying. Not just the downvote. All the interesting people have left. It's not worth messaging people anymore, because all people want to know is how they look or if their SO is cheating. Nobody comes on here to socialize like i did, talk to people that I would never normally talk to.

• Negativity is a perspective only. I haven't ever seen GaG as negative, it just shows different points of view. Negative people will be negative, some situations tend to inspire negativity. Are we not negative many times in real life? We just don't need to let negativity affect us, affect our own perspective on things.

• Those than joyed tracking and down voting people have left the list by now, so yes, there is less negativity.

• Sorry, 'those that enjoyed...' I've had a number of such trolls.

• More ad hominem comments now. I don't know if that's really good.

• I didn't mention any names until now. Most of them were anonymous, but you are right out there.

• 'Do you think the gag community is less negative?" Naw of anything it made GAG more positive since people or more vocal now.

• Hmm. I suppose as you say, it's *seemed* to have made the negativity *less apparent*. But that negativity is probably still there. Just less expressed.

• I do not think so and I never really used it when it was here and but also never seen it used on my comments.. It tells me that I was doing something right by not seeing it used on me.. as it looked to me like my comments to the one who asked the question.. are and were on a some what of a solid footing

• Your poll option needs another one

actually, I find its more negative without the vote.

People are more hostile without a means to express it, meaning we're having more open discussions involving angry hatefully fueled perspectives that simply result in an endless string of pointless banter until someone gets banned, or deletes themself.

• What other option? Oh you mean like "It's even more negative." option?

• yaya, i feel it made people more vocal.

• In a take that one of the gag admins said. They took it off to make others talk more and too communicate more.

I've also already forgotten when they took the downvoting away, lol. So I'm not sure how long it's been so far without it.

• I don't think it changed anything. It was just a click on the button anyway. Actually, if you take that away, the risk of having an even more negative community is big because if you disagree heavily with someone you can't just click the button anymore, you have to comment which can easily result in an argument with much more hate.

• Downvotes werent really that negative. Like getting downvotes would suck but then youd move on and not care. The reason why they got rid of downvotes is so people can actually comment and explain what they disagree with, which makes the site even MORE negative

• I never used or noticed downvotes so I haven't missed them.

• When the down vote option was in place, you could express your displeasure with a comment without having to potentially engage in an argument with the person. So I'd argue it made it somewhat worse.

• Compared to other forums, I think gag is much, much less toxic. But it has nothing to do with the downvotes. If anything, people are probably arguing more now. And people are still blocking everyone that disagreea with them so...

• Now that the down-votes are gone, I find myself having to type my disagreement to the person and that of course causes clashes occasionally. Before, I used to just down-vote and keep it moving now I'm getting into more clashes with people so by all means, it didn't help the community.

• I think that was one of the reasons they took the downvote away. Saying that it would make people talking more about what they don't agree with. So by their logic people would communicate more and that will make the community be better.

• Yeah well, apparently they were wrong. Because I started noticing more clashes on this site not just mine.

• Nope there use to be a lot more people on here that would joke around. It brought balance to the pile of crap. They tend to ban annyone that laughs though. No laughing in Soviet Russia.

• Nope GAG is born from the negative, and it will always in the negative.

• Just because they took away the down vote option it won't change minds or have any influence.

• i was on this site many moons ago, and from what i can see it seems far more placid on the surface.

• Hate how they took the downvote. It was a way to see if people agreed with your views or not.

• I think it's a lot better now.

• I think the community is more whiny than anything

• They took the down vote away. That's the way despots hold 'elections'.

• I actually like getting downvotes as much as upvotes, because it meant that negative or positive. I struck a cord somehow somewhere. Which was very satisfying

What Girls Said 5

• lol i think so. u realise that not everyone has the balls to tell you they disagree with ur opinion, so they stay silent.
    as for me, i still get people talking shit everyday, but it makes no difference at all.

• I don't know. I haven't seen much negativity.

There were times I wanted to down vote some opinions but then actually ended up smiling when I realized I can't do that anymore.

Lol, somehow it's making me more positive.

If that makes any sense.

• Yes, I seem to this so.

• It's still the same.

• it's better without the downvote in my opinion