Are people on G@G different from people in real life?

Some of the things said on G@G are waaaaaay backwards than what is said in real life by people I meet.

For example, the majority of polls on g@g say that skinny girls are ideal rather than 'curvy' (not fat) girls, while people I know in real life say otherwise.

There's a lot more examples of this on polls.

Have te you seen anything that g@g does different that is not common in real life? If so, what is it? I could name a few more instances of this.

• Yes, people on G@G are different.
  • No, they are the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah this site draws in certain people. Not to mention people come on here to express their emotions when in real life they may not do it at all.

• Like for instance in real life I don't know who is or isn't a virgin. On here plenty are admitting to it and whining about it.

Another example is that I didn't know there were so many females who were so picky. In real life most females don't seem so picky, but hey maybe I'm wrong.

• Thanks for MH.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, because in the real world have real lives and don't have hours to waste harassing other people and taking extreme pleasure in trying to hurt others. People living in their moms basement blaming feminism for their lack of a love life, girls obsessing over their asses being too small... an occurrence I have only ever seen on this website, I've never ever once heard a woman complain her ass is too small.. ever...

I have never heard so much complaining about the dating world by people who obviously don't ever get a date... and I know quite a few awkward young single men.

This place, like many places in the internet, is a gathering place for the angry bitter hearts and insecure people who don't have real friends to talk this stuff through with.

There are "real" people here too, quite a few... bit they are outnumbered.

What Guys Said 19

• Gag average age, if you take the liars into account, is probably17.. That's
    why most here like skinny girls, just for example.

• People on Gag exist irl. They're not a completely representative sample in that every poll on GaG may not have the same balance as an election but the people posting here do exist irl so their views are held by real people (excepts for trolls who talk for effect).

Let me ask you this, do you act differently on GaG? Most people admit they do and often say they are more likely to speak their minds on here. I imagine that at least some of the examples you mention are down to people simply being more honest. Other examples are probaby down to the question attracting more than it's fair share of nutters.

• I can not speak for other people but I am pretty much more or less exactly the same in real life as I am on here, maybe a tad more quiet because in real life I am more of a listener but other then that.

• People on GAG are way more idiotic. People on GAG are way smarter. People on GAG are way uglier. People on GAG are way more beautiful.

• On gag, I piss people off, troll, act like a douchebag just to vent my immature sense of humor and entertain myself lol
    I don't ever do that IRL really.. just a really witty sense of humor? fun-loving, jovial, gregarious :)

• Ohhh yes..
    We come from different walks of life, so some of the things I see on here are foreign to me. I swear I didn't know race was as big an issues as it seems on here. These gender rights groups are new to me too. I didn't know people hated loud individuals, i mean i'm not loud but I always saw loudness as balance. I learned what thigh gaps and thigh brows are too. Not much but yeah

• Considering nobody on gag has ever entered real life, i assume much different.

• VERY.

Like delusional often.

Hates truth

• I don't think they're different from people on real life. But, GAG tends to attract certain types of characters. You'll get the impression that GAG is different because its' users are not the types of people you would see all over the place in real life.

In summary, the majority in GAG is a minority in real life.

• Some of them probably are... since there is a group of people who are on GAG because of "their problem".
    But I'm convinced there are many very normal and nice people on here as well :D

• People online say CRAZY shit lol

In person they have to hide their racist attitudes and such lol

• This is the internet, people are what they want to be but aren't IRL.

• I definitely think some people are way different

• That's a very good question. I personally don't think people and the opinions here are too different from real life.

But, yeah, I know what you mean and some polls can have skewed results just because of the size of the sample.

• For the most part yeah. There's a large amount of highly socially inexperienced people on here that are allowed to speak their mind which you won't be exposed to in real life.

• we are on the internet, it's easier to tell the truth but also easier to lie.

• Some areas GaG is biased. For instance, as a group, GaG users are a little more interested in sex than the general populations.

In others, it's just a mix of different groups. I actually see MORE people who like 'thick' women or thicker women on GaG then i run into in real life. In real life very few people i know don't prefer thin. But I'm aware there's a big demographic component to that.

• Slightly since Admins tell u in some way about how u should behave... if it was an 100% free site then I'd not hesitate to be like I'm in real life...

• Same people different views that's all

What Girls Said 18

• People are ruder and weirder on here. In real life a lot of people can't share their rude statements with others as people would no longer be attracted to them or want to be around them. On the internet, we don't expect to meet these people and we're masked behind a screen where no one knows our identity and will judge us for what we say. So yeah, there's a pretty big difference. I even see a difference in myself.

• I think it can be so different depending on the person. So, where I live the polls might be a lot different than things are on GaG or within my friend group and so on.

It's really all about area.

But I think for most Americans in a place that's majority white, minority black/hispanic/asian, tiny minority of people from diff countries, yea, the polls are just about right.

Also, age and subcultures are another factor.

• They're the same it's just on GaG people reveal all of their dirty little secrets and thoughts.

• People are people are people no matter where they are.

• depends on the person.

i feel like most of us here are more 'raw' because we have that freedom of expression. in real life u kinda just go about ur day without saying everything ur thinking of. here, a lot more of our thoughts are on the table.

u can easily tell who's genuine and who isn't around here. it comes down to their consistency and whether or not they are easily influenced.

• Yeah I do think in real life the guys I encounter are a lot different than the ones on here. Obviously there are some great guys here but I'm referring to the woman hating ones who rant about women all day. I can't say I've ever encountered men like that in my personal life.

• I think there are a lot of variables involved, like age, culture, country you're from etc.
    Because for example the skinny thing you said, I've seen guys here who said they liked bigger girls or who complimented me for example, whilst in real life, I usually get rejected and skinny is preferred in my country.
    BUT also age comes into this. Of course an 18 yo is going to think a bit differently than a 30 year old for example
    People here might be more open, like I am, but shy in reality
    Or they come here to express feelings they can't in reality
    It's very complex haha :)

• It tends to depend on the person. I'm pretty much the same in real life but I'm not always as animated, but that's due to real life stresses and circumstances.

• Nope same thought process same everything. the only difference you can't see me typing and laughing. haha! Its true that I act different because if my depression but if I knew you and we got to know each other i'll be pull out the same jokes haha!

• I think you have to take the Internet with a pinch of salt. There aren't any boundaries on the Internet; you can be whoever and say whatever. You're an exaggerated form of yourself. Like I'm generally an insecure person, on here, you can tell that by the stuff I ask about. I'd filter my insecure behaviour a lot more in real life.
    Internet standards are way higher than the standards people hold in real life regarding appearance anyway. I've saw many people deeming a perfectly healthy body as "fat" so many times. Pretty sure in reality they wouldn't say that.

• People on gag are delusional and usually following the steps of others in hopes to fit in or make someone laugh.

So a dude who realistically probably has a curvy / thick girlfriend will agree with the next guy that thin women are better (no body is better than the next, just throwing that out there) just to have a sense of solidarity.

• Yeah people here be twisted lol

• Think of GAG as a way for some people to take off their offline mask and put an online mask on. These people are the same people from every day life but become extremely bold when they come online.

• I have noticed this too, but this is the internet, no one should take it seriously. 😂

• It's mixed, some seem similar to what I've encountered. Others... seem extreme and not what I've seen in every day life. Some of these stories/questions I see either are made up or they really hang out with terrible people to have such animosity.

• They seem different to me. More psychotic.

• All the guys I know only like skinny girls, not fat or curvy ones so that's true where I'm from.

• I hardly believe anyone on this site. Most are full of shit.