Why do people post anonymously?

Like yesterday for example, someone asked what's your favourite song and posted it anonymously. I don't get it...

Most Helpful Girl

• Besides the obvious reason of wanting to stay hidden for very personal issues, I have seen people state that they stay anonymous all the time, no matter the question. They do this because they do not want their identity revealed at all on this site - whether it'd be to keep their names hidden from other family, friends, co-workers, etc.. I do agree it's odd to see people hide over "What's your favorite color?" questions, but some people do not want to reveal themselves at all.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• Lmao. I think it's a good feature to have of you are posting something personal and you have friends /family on here etc

• Yeah I understand when it involves personal things, but asking for favourite music or best hairstyle or whatever sounds ridiculous to me.

What Guys Said 9

• Just because it says you're anonymous technically you aren't TRULY anonymous. No one can be truly anonymous, because "Big Brother is Watching You". Welcome to modernized mass surveillance everybody.

• Main one
    (1) Habit forming
    (2) People don't want to be seen, there are people on here who go anon all the time
    (3) Sometimes you just want a low profile

• I usually only do it when giving advice or posting a question only for xper. Sadly I think that it is being overused way to much.

• I have no idea I think they're just idiots.

• They want to be permanently under the radar.

• Because people are pussies. ALl the chicks hate me on this site but they don't want to admit I'm sexy af. So they post all their flirty shit anon for sake of dignity lmao.

• Some people are paranoid. Others are incredibly insecure.

• Maybe the dude was embarrassed and didn't want others to know? What was the song?

• He asked the question and didn't even say his favourite one.

• Yeah I see a lot of that here where people ask others out of curiosity but never bother to provide their own opinion.

• Used to feeling invisible