Do you think we should be able to mute our opinions, not just questions?

I really love the mute function for questions... but it seems kind of useless to not add that option to opinions, as well. Because people often times start debates on your opinion - not necessarily with you - and you're stuck having to deal with the notifications.

• Yes, we should be able to mute our opinions.
  • No, we should not be able to mute our opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Muting the question should mute ALL notifications for that post, including any replies under your own opinion. You said people start debates under your opinion, so are you saying you still receive notifications when someone replies under your opinion even after you mute the question? If that's the case then it's likely a glitch and something we can look into on our end. Please clarify if I'm misunderstanding something :)

What Guys Said 4

• No. I think muting an opinion is STUPID, because if you silence an opinion because you don't LIKE it means you're only "asking" a question so other people can agree with you. Not what this site is about.

• Read the whole fuckin description dipshit

• Clearly you didn't as I stated I want to mute opinions for the fact of people starting debates with OTHER people on my opinion. Not because of them starting debates with me personally.

• I didn't get that part. Then yeah, that's actually a good point.

• Never knew mute option existed - I must investigate

• Never knew you could mute something xD

• Yes and if we could mark notifications as read, that would be clean

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I definitely am for this idea. Just as you said, other users sometimes start conversations on your opinions that have nothing to do with you (or you just don't care). In those cases, it'd be nice to mute and move on. However, I'd be afraid they'd finally comment to me, and I'd miss it. xD Oh well.

• Yes ma'am. I'd rather have the option to mute the opinion certain the questions.