Should GAG bring back the thumbs down option?

I personally think they should. what do you think, and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• It was a deterrent that is sorely needed. There has been an increase in outregous and racist comments since its removal.

There's a lot more hate on the site now and it's much more tiring because there's too many arguments. If someone strongly disagreed with another, they would always comment and that's the way it should be. I shouldn't have to argue with everyone to show that I disagree. I'd rather only argue about the things that are actually important, so I have a tendency to allow more things go, which is crap.

Heaven forbide that people learn there's a consequence for saying outregous things and having to learn that not everyone agrees with them. All of this just shows soft America continues to become.

• 👆 All of this just shows how soft people in America continue to become.

• Oh, no, ugh, agh, ya got me pal..(gasp) (it's getting dark). FLOP.

• @martyfellow Real mature troll. Stay classy. You can't debate, so you resort to insults.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to see it come back because I believe it actually deterred people from leaving antagonizing or offensive opinions. I don't know why. However, since it's been gone, I've noticed an increase in the number of posts that are sexist, racist, antagonistic, all that kind of stuff. Every time I come on here, I'm reporting at least one of these comments. I'm sure other moderators are as well, which is why so many people here are saying they haven't noticed a change. They're not seeing what's getting hidden.

I never used the down vote button a whole lot, but it was a whole lot easier to just leave a down vote if I disagreed and move on, instead of getting roped into a ridiculous debate with a troll who's going around in circles. I'm not afraid to hold back my opinion, but now I try to only argue with people who don't keep recycling the same BS over and over again.

• "stead of getting roped into a ridiculous debate with a troll who's going around in circles." Welp I now know of 1 GAGirl I can't troll >_< lol

What Guys Said 16

• only if it shows who did the down voting

• Good answer. Remove the anonymity aspect.

• OMG! Why does everyone keep thinking I do drugs :o

• @BellePepper I never thought of you as that kind of a person. I was kidding around is all. I think of you as a strict school teacher

• No, there's enough anonymity on GAG as it is. Anonymous downvoting was no asset to the community. You can either stand for your beliefs and argue with people, or ignore them. That said, downvotes had no real meaning the majority of the time anyway.

• Good answer!

• Are you really 40? You're just trying to get the last word as I said before. The minute you tried to manipulate my emotions with a bible verse of all things, you lost the debate. You have nothing of substance to say, so I'm done. Go ahead. I'll give you the last word.

• @AmongTheApples Once again not true about "trying" and "tried." If I was aiming for any response it would have been introspection.

And I think that's a pretty good last word.

• I used to be against its removal, but Tim opened my eyes and made me realize it's better this way. Before all the haters would just thumb down like cowards, then run back to their cave like roaches. Now they gotta deal with that burning sensation inside them cause they can't show their disagreement, and once in a while, a brave one dares to comment.

Thanks @ConsultantIsBack.

• NOPE!!! they need to keep it the way it is now. Since ___ can longer downvote ____ and never state way. I mean if you can't own up to it, why should you be able to do it? And hell it keeps this or that question in the feed via ___ and ___ stating why they disagree with each other &_&.

• No way. There's enough gloomy, negative cockroaches on this site, let's try to move away from that.

• The downvote button was a deterrent to them. It has gotten worse since its removal.

• Absolutely not! That is just troll feeding time!

• Yes. Making inflammatory statements just doesn't feel the same anymore...

• They ahould bring a thumbs down buttons for questions.

Im getting real tired of obscure questions.

• I kinda liked it but at the same time it was a little pointless.

• I honestly never used it so I must admit it made no difference to me when it was taken away.

• ❄❄⛄Yes, they should bring back the downvotes. Its better to give one simple downvote when compared to long meaningless conversations of hatred and killing the asker will endless notifications.⛄❄❄

• I agree! However, it should be separate to the thumbs up.

• I don't care, it's fine as it is

• yes there are such things as bad opinions

• I'm furious they took away down votes. Faggots.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm tired of all the stupid fights. I really wish they would.

• I never even used it, so no. It avoids some scandal and traches people you either like what the person has to say or if you don't you could politely comment on his opinion or just ignore if you don agree
    And plus I've seen some people downvoting every answer a person gave (even if they were good) just because something bothered her about the person. Which is plain stupid and immature.

• Yes, exactly, I've had several trolls who down voted all my opinions. I think most of us frequent posters have had that experience. Now they are unemployed.

• Teaches not traches* oops
      @martyfellow happened to me too once, back when I had my old account. It's so immature

• Yes.
    Because it's an opinion website where people agree and disagree with each others answers.
    I also think it's much better for someone who's asked a question to see what other people think about what others suggest.

• I think I enjoyed my downvotes as much as my upvotes! If you're not pissing someone off on GaG then you're doing it wrong :)

• no, if you disagree with me you have to give me a freaking explanation

• Yes they really should

• They definitely should

• I really don't care if they're going to bring it back ir not.