When you get opinions on your questions here on g@g, do you check their age before considering their advice?

I've seen 13 year olds giving opinions on divorce and stuff. The advice is pretty solid most of the time. I just want your opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah kind of because when it comes to serious things like divorce even though the advice may sound well sound. A 13 year old kid has no knowledge or experience in that area I mean they don't really need to be giving advice for stuff like that, but that is just my opinion.

• You can group all 13 year olds together. Some have parents who have been through divorce. Some have more knowledge in certain areas than a 50 year old. You never know. I (being mature) am able to give advice on sex, marriage, relationships, and much more despite my age. Don't underestimate someone's knowledge just because of their age. Age is nothing but a number.

• @Catalie While that is true, it's not a good rule to go by in general I'll be the first to admit that some, some kids do have good advice but a lot also don't or at least can't give advice in a way that someone who actually has been divorced can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally yes. But I would like to know how other people feel when they see 13 year olds (like myself) giving advice on sex.

What Guys Said 4

• Their advice isn't necessarily bad, you should always consider the source and use it to build perspective, not necessarily draw conclusions. Sometimes 13 year olds are right because they've done research. To say they are wrong simply because they are 13 would be invalid reasoning.

• I do take it into consideration with the advice, it doesn't make it less vallid but it may come from a different experiance then mine. Asking a 13 year old about relationships and love is going to get a vastly different answer (in most cases) then talking to it from a 34 year old.

It doesn't make there opinions less valuable, it just means they may not apply to me.
    I also take it into account when answering or refusing to answer there questions, some things are better left unspoiled.

• Depends on the question but usually it doesn't matter. I don't ask many serious questions or the kind that require specific age groups.

• Yeah usually. I see many 13-15 year olds on here talking serious topics, they usually have no clue what they're talking about

• You can group all 13 year olds together. Some have more knowledge in certain areas than a 50 year old. You never know. I (being mature) am able to give advice on sex, marriage, relationships, and much more despite my age. Don't underestimate someone's knowledge just because of their age. Age is nothing but a number.

• @Catalie I said usually, not always. Sometimes people are mature and experienced beyond their age. Very few 13 year olds have the knowledge and life experience of some twice their age.

• @Redstang88 Yeah that's true but I still feel that it isn't fair for people to automatically assume that someone does not have the knowledge just because they are younger.

What Girls Said 5

• If their advice is relevant and I value their opinion then I don't take their age into consideration. Some teenagers on here are very caring, compassionate, and level- headed so can offer comfort and support to other users.

You don't necessarily have to experience something in your life to be able to provide good advice to people. They may have divorced parents, so know first hand what it's like for those going through a divorce.

Quite often, I have valued some teenagers opinions over a person in their 40's advice.

• Not usually... After I read it and I make my judgement on it I typically check. Any age can have solid advice

• It depends on the question. Most of my questions aren't too serious, so age doesn't matter much. If it were a serious question, though, I may take ages and experience into consideration.

• Some of these young people will impress you with their candid observations. Everyone has something to contribute except the trolls unless they are here for entertainment.

• Nah, I checked when I liked their opinions or just out of curiosity.😳