Who else wants the down vote back?

I see so many shitty or rude comments and I really want to downvote them but I can't.
Its not like its offensive, its just a disagreement and anyone who sees a disagreement as an argument needs glasses asap.

• Yes, that down vote was my boo. <3
  • meh, idc
  • No, down voting people is rude, GaG is better without it.

Most Helpful Guy

• We need it back, I find it aggravating that there is no public outrage about this!

The whole point of this website is to ask all the questions we ask ourselves everyday that are/may be too taboo to talk about in public. You ask a question like "Did I treat this girl right?" and to help yourself gain a better perspective, it's very useful to see what opinions are popular and which ones are not.

When the downvote button was first removed, I actually wrote to GAG through the "Contact Us" page. They told me that it was taken away to basically make the website more harmonious and bubbly and bla bla bla. Let me tell you something, I have stopped myself from making strong worded replies almost completely because of the downvote button in the past. Sometimes, that's simply all you need to say your piece.

Honestly, I don't know if I still believe in (or understand) the point of this website anymore. Plus, I'd rather leave it still with somewhat a happy memory than a totally pissed off one so I'm thinking of starting a petition. If enough users decide to leave then it will force their hand.

#GimmeADownvote

• LITERAL #PREACH
      People bitch about GaG's other fuck ups and problems and GaG obviously loves us so they give us what we want (': (sometimes..) but this time no fucking no, the down vote has been excluded for a month or more now and GaG needs to change back. And I did too, they told me the exact same corny shit. Gives us one more reason to leave GaG and we all know the day we actually leave GaG is going to be an awesome day, this site is a life-waster, sorry.. not sorry. T^T

Most Helpful Girl

• I would really like it back. So I can down vote all the dumb remarks people make.

What Guys Said 7

• Can't lie... I want the downvote button back! Taking it away makes this website seem so lopsided; being able to upvote but not downvote?

I understand GaG making moves towards making this site more positive because the pessimism was getting toxic. But the removal of the downvote button was starting to wear on me.

• I get depressed that I can't downvote those hateful comments...
    Now a days people walk away with posting shit without knowing that it is bad or disliked by most.

• Exactly and sometimes you don't want to waste your time arguing with a person who posts such crap, you just want to let them know they're wrong and their comment isn't appreciated and you don't want to make yourself known sometimes because with a really rude person, things can get nasty very quickly.

• downvotes doesn't mean someone is wrong though, its still just opinions from others, and often those opinions are just as biased as the opinion of the person who got downvoted. a perfect example is the gender battles here, whenever a guy or a girl says something attacking the other gender, you could aways see all the women agreeing with each other and vice versa, regardless of how accurate or not the statement might have been. Its better for people who disagree to have to type in what they disagree with, as that also gives the opinion poster a chance to counter argue, if you dont want to get into that, then ignore the comment without being allowed to downvote, because if a person is posting a controversial post who they know isn't going to be popular, a bunch of downvotes is not going to do anything to them, they will still know they are right and those downvoters are just butthurt about it but unable to argue

• I like the new system, it force people to communicate instead of down vote and leave. Rather than down vote tell me what you did not like about my comment. It also promotes a more positive environment , after all we don't want Gag to become the YouTube comment section.

• I mean I see your point but sometimes the comment is so absolutely offensive and ridiculous we don't want to waste our time arguing with a person who's clearly a nut job. We just want to give the person the down vote signifying their opinion is pretty much shit. If i have a disagreement ok, I comment it. But sometimes the comments are so stupid, you don't even know what to possibly say. But lmao yes if GaG became youtube xD...

• If you're going to say there's complex reasons behind down voting but not up voting, its the same anatomy as what @Izzex3 said: if they take away the down vote might as well take away the up vote too. Up voting is simply up voting, you can like it for many reasons. Same as down voting, simple again, but there's also many reasons. Down voting is disagreeing with someone and disagreement is far from an argument. If I were to tell you what I don't like its kind of pointless, what am I trying to prove? And its much more of a chance that would turn into an argument.

• The standard social convention is if you like my comment you agree with me or found it funny. As for dislike show you do not agree with me. I don't want to find why somebody agrees with me. However, I want to find why you disagree with me. Competition of ideals great. With no dislike button , people are discussing things. It's working I have gotten more responses on this post than any post on gag. This kind of conservation would not have happened it down votes were here.

• Apparently they took it away to promote positive behavior. What I'm seeing is anything but.

• idc... if I don't like something I can tell them as comment

• I am totally indifferent.

• I missed it at first but it's fine without it. I liked recieving downvotes, showed I had a different opinion, also it was good to know how many people agreed and disagreed, now you could have 5 upvotes and it looks like a great post even though it would have had 15 downvotes too. But without it it feels friendlier, nobody downvotes it so you never feel someone doesn't like what you write

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah they realm do god I have to leave more comments because they took it away to let people know how I feel 😒

• If you don't like an answer, you can say why. What does a down vote do? Mostly the trolls go around down voting everything people they disagree with

• Yeah I see your but like what I said on that other guy's comments. Some people just aren't worth your time and you don't want to spend an hour arguing with them, therefore you down vote them to signify their comment is not needed nor is it appropriate. And I mean shitty, offensive comments. Disagreement is much different. When I disagree with people I don't down vote them, as everyone has different opinions and just because their judgment seems cloudy to mine or just because their opinion isn't the exact same as mine doesn't mean its wrong. I state why i disagree with the comments. Down votes aren't to be taken personally anyways. To each their own and down votes aren't offensive, if a troll down votes your comment then big deal, you have a down vote. But I don't see the need as to why it was excluded.

• I see your point*

• Me me me I DO!!!

• IDC, :p

But I do like that the feature is gone.