If you have a private profile, please explain why you decided to make it private?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I have a real life troll on my ass that has followed me here through reverse google and I saw him here a long time ago he was bringing me up trying to have a laugh about me and he was kicked that same day. He knows where I live in FL an area close to my house he found out by reading my post on another site. He saw me saying here I went to outback Steak house one night so then he started with the emails making orders to outback steak house the one close to my house using my email address running the bill up real high and causing trouble with outback that's why I make my profile private to this day. I was a mod on another site and he had a problem with me putting a stop to his evil ways. He would post porn pics and get dirt on people and call there homes and threaten to send there nudes to this one users church so I kicked him out of the threads and then he went after me and failed

• Does this guy like you romantically? Sounds like it.

• No he's a hater troll that mostly goes after females nudes and black mails them over it once he gets them. He was upset with me because I booted him out.

• Thanks for MH

Most Helpful Girl

• I made my profile private after some incredibly annoying trolls would reference posts I made over a year ago and use information there to support arguments we'd more recently be having.
    That, or they'd give completely spam like responses to super old questions of mine.

What Guys Said 11

• I set my private after some immature girls were bullying me on here.

• Feel free to call 1-800-DEADPOO we deal with bullies in a very professional way. We air drop 4 tons of glitter onto their house, absolutely free in most of US, Texas is $1.90 extra.

• You are a cesspool of sadism. You bring out the masochistic side in people.

• You know nothing about me. So don't judge me.

• A public profile lets you see the person's avatar, what questions they've asked, and what questions they've answered, and their MyTakes.
    A private profile doesn't let you see the latter 3, but you still see a pic, and age.
    There is almost no data in profiles anyways! what is it that a private profile hides, that we would see if it was public?

• I made it private because I'm kind of have the habit of tightening the privacy settings. Same way my browser is always in Private Browsing mode, no application on my iPhone has access to camera, microphone, photos, contacts... etc (I do give the permissions when I need to and take them off again), my hard disk is encrypted and my OS password is 25 characters in length.

The GAG private profile thing is useless though. Any user's activity here on GAG can be easily gathered..

• So you are paranoid, in other words.

• Nope, it's not paranoia. I don't like to give access to information when it's not necessary while you have many companies these days obsessed with data gathering.

• Might as well be a little exclusive

• I like a little extra privacy. Protection. Learned something from past experiences.

• What exactly did you learn?

• Because I have a career to protect. Plus, you never know who's lurking on the internet, ya know? Up until yesterday, I didn't even reveal my face.

• I had nuclear launch codes on my status last week

• I don't, nothing to hide and you can bypass it mostly via google anyway

• @BeerFarts not everything but you can see their activity... search for their nick and limit the search to this site (or even topic) and sort by whatever you want

• Holy shit! Thanks for the heads-up, man. I really gotta be more careful now. Lol.

• I get hit on by a lot of guys here, that's my only concern, lol.

• Thanks for reminding me. It's now private.

• i like my privacy. i lock down all my social media accounts.

What Girls Said 11

• Yeah I have a private profile. I guess I just don't like the idea of everyone in the world being able to check my profile stats. I'd prefer to know that it is members on here only who can see me. It also helps decrease spam and unwanted messages in my opinion.

• 1. too many creeps.
    2. i like to know my followers on some level.
    3. i don't want people, including my haters, stalking me.
    4. i have more control over my activity here.

• Because I'm a private person. I used to have it public and a profile pic up. But I got a ton of unwanted messages and comments by creeps. So I took down my pic and made my profile private. GAG has never seemed calmer lol.

• So i don't get unwanted messages or pictures from pervs

• To reduce the messages sent by pervs.

• People on here are really getting me down. I usually set it to private when I want to leave soon. I'm usually public. Probably gonna spend less time on here, I don't know maybe.

• I have nothing to hide since but I did have it private just so I could control who followed me. Now I dont care.

• So no creeps/human traffickers/ ex boyfriends can find me. Also if you type your name in Google your fb profile won't come up compared to when you have it public it shows. Therefore I keep mine very private,

• cause I felt like it

• I set mine private because there are to many anonymous stalkers on GAG

• Because I do