Why is there so much misogyny on GaG?

Every single time I come on this website I see a new slew of misogynistic comments where in them men claim to be superior, that women are innately worthless, and that women are inferior.

It's these same men who later complain about what they perceive to be "injustices" committed against men such as their inability to get sex as easily as women can.

What I don't understand is what intelligent individual with critical thinking skills can possibly think that your assigned genitals at birth make you better than someone? Why is GaG a hotspot of this gender superiority complex?

I'd also like to add that how pathetic would you have to be to resort to using your genitals to as your claim to superiority? Have you really not accomplished anything in your life other than being born a certain sex? It's absolutely pathetic.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a few ways of answering this.

One is that it's not really that different then the rest of the internet. Some sites less, some are worse.

Another is that it's not really socially acceptable for men to express pain or resentment in real life. They do not get to tell their friends about their feelings and receive support. So there's a lot of emotional dumping by men online.

Third, I'd say a lot of the specific complains we see from men nowadays are caused by individuals who have been raised with one set of beliefs about men and women, and those beliefs, about women, are being shattered. Broadly I might say there are two parts to that:
    - they have been told growing up that good or nice girls behave in some certain way. In fact, almost no women behave in this way. They then feel that every girl they see is bad. Hopefully they move through this stage, to recognizing that they've actually been fed B. S.
    - In other ways they've been told that men and women are identical. In fact, they are not. Women value some things more or less than men do. They love differently then how men do. They make ethical decisions in a slightly different way than men do. On the basis that men judge each other, as a group, women may well be inferior to men. There are other basis on which women, as a group, might be superior. However if you just got told 'women and men are the same' without learning to appreciate how women see and make decisions, you are then going to be disappointed. I see that happening in the other direction as well, to some extent.

What Guys Said 15

• Don't even get me started. This website is where stupid meets dumb. Then they proceed to fuck each other for a whole week and stupid falls pregnant with retarded. Why do you think they reduced the number of questions we can ask? To remind dumbfucks that freedom of speech shouldn't be abused. Y'all need my foot up your ass you desperate rejects.

Most of the time I don't mind and just ignore questions like that, but sometimes it's really hard not to say something.

• I don't think it's just GaG. I truly do believe that the internet brings out the worst in people. Unless your real name is stamped onto a post, or something. Then most people will speak their mind, or will just be hateful for no reason. Check out the racism within any youtube videos comments, and you'll see that it seem's as if 99% of the world is racist. However, that's just peoples online persona sadly. I don't agree with it, but sadly it's true.

• I've seen pretty much the same amount of superiority complex from both girls and guys on this website during my years here.

• It seems coupled with generalized hostility toward men from fembotty US women.

• Do you have any particular examples you can link me to?

• Just read some of the opinions on here

• You say that, but I rarely see any anti-male comments on here. Come on man, get real, this place is full of sexist lowlives on the male spectrum.

• @Protagoras there is no get real about it. How about you get real. I do see lots of anti-male stuff here from women. I know what I see.

• Well before I answer... I will just don my athletic cup... there we go, my helmet... make sure my strap is on nice and tight, safety goggles and goalie pads on, okay I think I am ready...

• Self-fulfilling prophecy. If you want to see misogyny in every comment, you will see it. That's not because there is misogyny in every post, but because of your very own bias.

• It's the same for mis... Misandry? That's the word isn't it? Sounds like a TES character.

• It is there is just as much misandry here but every time I mention that women are like "well you men do it much more on this site" which I get fed up of hearing because I see just as many bitter women on this site.

• Then there is the well "I have not seen anything like as much this or that from women as I have from men" which women say all the time to try and take the blame off women and make men look bad. The truth is I see just as much hateful rubbish from women here as I do men.

• Lol dude.

• I've seen far more bias and hate towards men rather, usually by feminists.

• I have seen women hate on men and men hate on women on here. A lot of people have been hurt and they let it out here.

• I think there's more radical feminism than misogyny.

• I haven't seen radical feminism on this website nearly as much as I've seen men claim that women nowadays are too independent and not docile enough while coupling it with the argument that men are better

• What argument? It's a fact that men are better than women.

• And you wonder why there's a rise in "radical feminism". If you were constantly told you were inferior, you'd be pissed too

• Bitter, lonely virgins.

• whenever i feel like this, it's because i hate the gender role on how guys are dealt with the card of having to be the initiator, on how that role falls on our shoulders

• It's because gag or not women disrespect and want to dominate men there is no secrete to that.

• Because women fuck shit up and think they can get away with it

What Girls Said 11

• No gender is better.
    Just like what I said before;
    we are two pieces of a puzzle.
    Non of them is better than the other.
    Non of them is the same like the other
    (so a comparison would be pointless here),
    but both of them are needed to complete
    a whole image.

Most people who come on here have had some
    kind of bad experience with the opposite, and they
    come here for help or just want to vent their anger. I am sure some of those guys don't feel like that,
    they still love women, but it is their way to express
    their anger, or that is what I have been told. ^-^

• There's man hate, white hate, black hate, women hate, gay hate - it's the internet and it's an opinion based forum where controversy blows up in popularity and keeps people interested and typing away. That's the thing about the internet and social forums; there are no real world repercussions for their fuckery so people spill it all here.

• Yep. In real life if you were to go up to a woman and tell her she's unworthy and nothing but a slut and you hate all woman... Well you'd have reprecussions a for that. What you said will come back to you and you're going to be pinned against a wall because that's not how adults behave and get along. Here on the internet you can pretty much go on tangents about your opinions and it won't come back to bite you (especially if you're using an anon screen name)

• Because there's a lot of butt hurt lonely guys on gag who think women are the reason they are socially awkward. #truthtotheface

• Quite honestly, it's not unique to Gag. It's all over the Internet. These neckbeards know that they can't get away with saying these things in real life because they know they're horrible people on some level, so they resort to hiding behind a screen.

• i know, its weird. i don experience it in real life but gag has a lot of men who truly hate women (but i think they still want a woman?) and think men are oppressed.

• Sweets just report him!! Report report!!

• Because women are apparently devils, don't you know?

• LOL I know what you mean I posted a take about breast cancer and someone actually said "how are you not aware that men get breast cancer as well"
    Even though twice in the take I mentioned that men could get it.

• I seriously have no idea but I just laugh and troll them. They're usually just bitter from life.

• this website is going to shit, I swear

• Honestly, I see much more women saying they're far superior than men than the other way round.