Ever been catfished on G@G, share your stories?

So i've not been on here long but I've been catfished twice now.

The first guy was an indian man posing as a white emo kid. He messaged me and asked for my kik ID so i gave it to him. He kept sending me badly edited pictures of a skinny white emo guy and claimed it was him but when i asked him about his nationality he straight up refused and got angry, then i asked for a photo from the kik camera and he refused again. Anyway after some digging i found he was an Indian guy which was disappointing, not because he was Indian but because he lied, also he was super rude and couldnt prove himself to actually be the guy he claimed he was and called me names when I found him out.

The second time was a man claiming he was from Portugal but moved to Italy a year ago. I was super suspicious because he was posing as a hot muscluar guy who was too attractive to find me attractive. Anyway he was waaaay too good at English and didn't speak Portugese to me or Italian, but he asked me for another picture of myself so I sent one. He then asked me if I was on whatsapp and gave me his number. BIG MISTAKE. The country code was a +91, so I looked it up and it wasn't Portugal's or Italy's, it was India's. I'm sure he's a catfish but I'm still onto him just to confirm he's lying.

Anyway have you guys been catfished on here or anywhere before? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "was posing as a hot muscluar guy who was too attractive to find me attractive. "

Ok have some self-esteem. You don't get to deem other people too attractive to find you attractive. Some people see a couple where one is considered a total hottie by most people while the other may be below average and people either say that the hottie is with the ugly one either for personality or money. But there are plenty of times where the hottie thought the other person was physically attractive. Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

I wouldn't say I got cat-fished but there was a chick on here who would answer a lot of the same questions as me and we had a conversation or two. She was from UK and had a picture of a somewhat pretty girl (didn't look catfishy at all) but then someone posted a picture of a girl once who looked just like her and I even tagged her saying how much that girl looked like her. She immediately deleted her account. It was checkyesjuliet or something.

• you have a point but you still can't help but be slightly suspicious if you get approached by someone really hot in case they have other motives :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh yesssss!!! Their was this cute guy on here his user name was mysterymisery or something like that. He messaged me and we talked. He was pretty cool but I had my suspicions as you.. why did he think I was attractive? He was gorgeous! Then he gave him his kik and we started talking from there. He started sending pictures that didn't match at all. Then one day he revealed himself and sent a picture of his actual self. I was beyond pissed because he lied!!! He was a venezualen guy who lived in Chicago when he posing as a guy who lives in England. He started getting creepy with me saying he wanted to make babies and shit. The fuck? I blocked him and deleted the app. He wasn't a bad looking guy but I hate being lied to.

• i dont blame you for deleting him, sounds super creepy tbh and it's always a bit suspicious when you find out a super hot guy likes you and you're like a 5 lmao

• Lmfao right? 😂😂😂😂 I was all thinking 'maybe I upgraded to a 6' Lol pfffffft 😂

• it's like "i'm going up in life :D" ... "oh wait he's not real"

What Guys Said 16

• Pretty sure any gagger that's been here for a long time got catfished by SandPlanet lol

• One time I was a fucking retard and I thought GAG was a dating site. So I messaged a cute girl, and she was a 41 year old married man.
    But hey--doesn't matter; had sex.

• Haha, alright so story goes like this:
    Some girl from India living in the USA was raped by multiple people. The alleged rapists took photos of her while she was fully naked and are constantly blackmailing her into having sex with them else they put them online. (I had the feeling the story was false, but, took the %1 possibility that it might be true. So, I remained neutral) So the poor girl's life is miserable and blah blah blah. She went to 2 different police departments and the police officers told her that there's nothing they can do. (That's when I knew it was bullocks, if a rape victim in the USA went to the police and received such a reply, it would have made big news. And maybe the cops would be slackers in 1 police department but, 2? Definitely bullocks... LOL) So anyways, the girl is helpless and she doesn't want to be blackmailed anymore so, she wanted my help to hack into their Facebooks and computers and delete her nudes from there.

• No I haven't, although the @SandPlanet fiasco back in the day was quite interesting.

• Yeah, pretty sure a couple of "woman" who PM'ed me asking me questions of a sexual nature were actually guys. At a point during our conversations they just stopped replying, I presume to clean up. I'm more careful now about with whom I talk with on here and how the conversations proceed.

• Yeah fakes in my inbox asking for my address xD I gave them addresses to Gamestops across the country

• some catfishes tried messaging me but I always check first. I've talked to some where I wasn't sure if they are catfishes and some of them most likely were but in that case I just don't give out much information.
    I'm blocked by dozens of catfishes anyway because I call them out on the HDIL and sexual questions quite often. I'd make a list of them but it's probably not allowed and will get deleted by mods

• ahh, I get apprehensive when i get messages from people and i do check to see if they're real, but I wouldn't publicly call them out either. i'm also planning to investigate a girl who i think might be a guy

• send me a message with the name if you want help.

I don't call them out if someone messages me... but if I see a question asking how she looks or something like that and it's clearly not her... then I'll post it with the link to it. unless it's a girls only question... like this one e. g.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1904894-who-s-getting-fucked-in-lingerie-today-tonight
      if you search for her pic you'll see it completely including face and find out that it's a celebrity.

• i'll message you thanks :)

• I'd say make people wait for a WHILE before exchanging photos. To see if they're REALLY friendly or not.

• Lmao wot. Star_Lord? 😂

I have once a girl sent me 'nudes'.. but I just Google searched them to find it all over Google. 😂

• I haven't been catfished but I've heard a lot of girls on here get catfished by Indian guys like you did

• There was this one hot girl from Vegas who was flirting with me. FitnessGirl I believe her name was.
    Someone pointed out that she stole her pics from someone's Instagram.
    When I called her out she threw a hissy fit and then deactivated.

• now i understand why people on GAG always act as if i am suspicious person since i'm from India.

• I get odd messages but don't reply if I never see the user comment on other post.

• You're gorgeous!!!

• Lol why are all the catfishers from India?

• The Indians on this site, don't use the site properly. It ain't racist, if it's true

What Girls Said 12

• The lesson here is: don't give out info to dudes on G@G

• i don't. my kik isn't connected to anything personal with no pictures of myself and my usernames vary. i don't give info unless i'm 100% sure i can trust them

• Good girl! That makes me very happy, good on you for being wise.

• @Octavius Hey in fairness though, vaginas are a few teeth away from being something out of Silent Hill.

• I was catfished once when I was new here... one time is all you need to not make a mistake again.. lol.. so yeah.. many many people have tried again but this has never happened the second time.. sometimes I even play along to see how far they can go.. and by the way.. both these guys have talked to me as well.. this second guy still keeps on sending me msgs about how much he loves me.. xD 😂😂😂

• no because I don't talk to many people. Just the occasional. I assume its funny bussiness and I walk out! hahah

• I mean, I've seen catfishes on here, especially in the "How Do I Look?" section, but I haven't really talked to any of them, only to be surprised later. I have been catfished elsewhere, though. It's a good feeling to figure them out, but still frustrating at times.

• lol some of the 'how do i look' catfishes are just plain stupid tbh

• but it's as easy to make them not appear in google search if you know about it. so it's not very reliable

• @Yumix True, but many don't know about that.

• Everyone on here got catfished by @SandPlanet.

• Sexystudent sounds like sandplanet to me. She enjoys challenging people here by dropping comments in people's opinions

• Nah. I don't get close to people until they've confirmed their identity. You can only effectively get catfished if you form an attachment to the person.

• There's countless number of catfishes on Kik so yes, I have been catfished on there before.
    The best part is exposing them haha.

• Oh no, the second guy is a catfish? 😥
    But... but I thought he is hot. *Goes and cries in the corner*

• Not that I'm aware of.

• Not yet, I'm verycareful.

thevlm.org/.../white-catfish-face.jpg

• I've never been catfished but I've catfished a couple of people before by pretending to be dude.