Shouldn't there be a way to report anonymous askers and opinion owners, not just their questions?

I get a lot of continuous sass from anonymous people and they sass other commenters as well. Shouldn't there be a way to block and report them? They can basically talk all the shit they want and you cannot block that user or report them for harassment (yes there are anons on here who actually harass other G@Gers).

• Yes, there should be a way to report/block anonymous users
  • No, there should not be a way to report/block anonymous users
  • Meh/Don't care/ See results

Most Helpful Guy

• You report the opinion, and the admins know who wrote that opinion, so if they went too far, the admins may ban them, so there's not much difference if you report the opinion or the person.

That's why I never allow anonymous opinions, mainly because they just come to hate. It's usually those people who dislike you and/or have you blocked, that come just to hate on you. And many trolls are anonymous, so you can avoid them too.
    Also, most anonymous opinions are useless.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think so. People should just try not to be so sensitive and just be aware that the anonymous posters already know they're being stupid which is why they're going anonymous.

The other problem with being able to block or report them is that a lot of anonymous users go anonymous purely for privacy reasons. They just want to discuss a controversial topic without attracting hate or report rats who just want to suck up to the gag admin.

• The more I'm on this site, the more some anon users are starting to annoy me. Like others have said, trolls like to disguise themselves by going anon. For the first time ever, I didn't allow anon users to comment on my last question.

Yes, there should be an option to report/block them.

• However, most of the anon users were helpful so it's not all of them.

• I think that's a flaw but really if they're anonymous and what they're saying isn't helpful why should you care? I post anonymously when I post opinions that are gonna be controversial but I never post anything unnecessary
    Also
    I believe that's what the point of not allowing anonymous users on your post

But I think reporting them should be a option

• I believe there should be, especially since the admins can see behind that anon mask.

• But a quick fix is to contact the admins directly. They will assist you in this process in either getting rid of that person from the website all together or simply blocking them for you.

• I haven't thought of it, I'll sure try it next time. Thanks 😊

• No problamo, also if you run into people purposely harassing you simply tag me or any other mod and we can get rid of their comments and opinions :)

• They're losers tbh
    They don't have guts that's why they harass anonymously
    So that shouldn't bother and it's a GaG feature so we can't do anything about it
    Anyways chill and chocolates 🍫 🍫 🍫 🍫 🍫 for you !

• There is a way to block them. Go to their profile and look to the right top side where it has followers and following. Under that you will see message block and follow.

• Yes there should be.
    Unless you're posting anon you can click the box to not allow anonymous users on that post.

What Girls Said 3

• There is a way to block anonymous users that's somewhat effective most of the time, though you have to do it post by post. If this anonymous user is someone who you'd like to post from responding on an opinion you've left on someone else's question, just hover over their 'Anonymous' username at the top left corner on one of their opinion's on the specific question. A box should come up saying 'Block user on this post?'
    Select yes and problem solved.

• I know but there a few people I've come across where I'll be damned if the anon is not an anon that I've previously conversed with and I'd like to get rid of them for good.

• I wish there was away to block and report them. It's really annoying how most just get away and you can't do anything about them.

• Yes I think you should be able to block anon users for ever just like any other non anon GAGer