Are most people in GAG depressed?

I have noticed reading the comments and questions that a lot of people here are either depressed or were depressed at some point but they're battling it. I am curious to see how many people feel depressed and how many don't.

• Yes, I am depressed
  • I used to be depressed but I'm getting better
  • I get sad often, but not really depressed
  • I've never been depressed

Most Helpful Guy

• Back in May of 2015 when I joined, I was depressed, but since then I've gotten MUCH better. I wouldn't say I'm depressed anymore. I have my sad day, but I would say the amount of them are within normal ranges now.

I voted B.

Despite how many complain how GAG is so negative and such, it really helped me out of the spot I was in. It let me feel I was helping people out (which in turn made me feel better about myself) along with finding people to chat with on here and make friends. Even if they are 'internet friends' and in all probability we'll never meet, just having someone there helped out. GAG also helped because I was able to write about my problems and in various opinions rather than what I had been doing -- simply holding them in by myself.

So yeah, I've been there, but I've gotten over it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• I think a lot of people are not depressed, but more so insecure! Some are so insecure they are depressed... which sucks!

I mean I have been down and out, but never to the point where it effected my health. These things come in cycles for me, which I think is normal and just life testing me!

I never let it get me down... and I feel for those people that just can't get out of the funk!

• The optimist has downtime too? 😐

• @abundantlyrich hahaha for sure... I am human! I usually don`t let things get me down for to long though!

I just have to look at my life overall and smile... maybe get out on the kayak for a half a day or so and then I am all optimistically energized again! ;)

• Fresh air do help regain our composure☺️

• I have been for a few years know, been taking Mirtazapine for months but it ain't doing shit unfortunately.

I think for depressed people, especially ones with insecurities, most notably their self image, this site is literal cancer, you cannot go 5 minutes without seeing a take or post about fuckers saying all guys who aren't ripped with abs and stuff look like shit and the likes of that. (I'm sure the same applies to girls, I just don't pick up on that for obvious reasons).

But yeah, coming on here just makes me hate people that little bit more every time I login for 5 minutes.

• bro im so depressed

nah, im always sarcastic af :P

• I wouldn't say I'm depressed but I ain't happy either. Sad is more like it.

• There r a LOT of people with past problems on here.

Most of which just happen to be girls

And I don't happen to be one of them

I have ADHD tho!

• I am depressed.

• Seeing all the sexists and hypocrites here gave me cancer.

• When I first joint , I happy with GAG but now I'm depressed with it and I think it becoz of negative comments

• Yes, everyone is on GAG is ugly and/or using fake photos.

• @Paris13 that mac demarco? I been called ugly but u think I'm avg friend told me I look better than my other friend and he has a girlfriend soo I don't know

• @xxcchhllaauu Following you now, send me a real pix.. promise not to tell. xxoo

• Nahhhh I am not depressed thank god

• Furthest thing from

• I've not been diagnosed depressed but im unhappy

• I've never been depressed

I have no reason to be

• Thank god i've never been depressed ^^

• Not all... depression's an unknown word to me... keep in mind some of 'em might do it for attention sake as well...

What Girls Said 14

• I deal with depression. It's more common than people think, and I believe sites like this allow others to open up more about their issues than they would in real life.

• I am to be determined (:

• With as Many Questions of People in Need Indeed here, dear, that I have Helped along the way every day, I can tell you for sure that Any problem that One Might Post Is... Depressed to a Point.
    That is only Normal, but However having Mental Issues of Depression is More in Store where a Doctor with a Badge has More to say Than... Me.
    Good luck. xx

• Not depressed just more of an introvert with standards.

• I think as humans we're all made somewhat to be "depressed" but not the extreme depression. sadness is part of our emotions so most people are sad... as for gag, people have their days. you can't always be sunshine and rainbows you know. no one is perfecto.

• Well narcissists, depressionists, loners, haters, racists, sexists and weirdos all have something in common here

• I'm very depressed actually. I have clinical depression and it keeps getting worse and worse. I might end up destroying myself if I keep going on like this.

• Please, see someone, @RainbowFanGirl. This sort of mental issue runs in my own family and with some meds and Good doctor and a more stable environment, things can get well and go well again, my friend. xx

• @Paris13 thank you and I have been getting help.

• Great, hope in time this will do some good and of course, a Good, understanding Doc always helps. xx

• I think the majority of people on the planet are depressed about something. GAG users I would guess would be depressed about something in the relationship department.

• Yes, unfortunately most people here are depressed. I have my sad days, 2015 was the worst for me. This year is looking better, I have nothing to complain about.

• People have ups and downs, we can't feel happy every time.. Everyone are struggling with some problems every time

• No! i hope not. I just come on here to see some sarcastic comments and give my opinions.

• No? I don't think so

• Honestly, I don't know whether I'm depressed, I do feel like I can't go on with my life almost everyday, but it may be just plain sadness.

• Never been depressed, just like sharing my opinion with different subjects