Do you ever feel worse after going on GirlsAskGuys?

I was away from this site for a while and noticed the effect it has had on me since returning. First some background: I've been alone for like forever and there's nothing good about that. But sometimes I can forget this fact enough to feel almost normal and somewhat content. But when I come on GAG here's what happens:

1. All the guys crying about being single and how depressing it is make me feel like I should be more miserable than I am

2. The girls complaining about being constantly hit on, stared at, asked out, liked by male friends, and sexted make me envious

3. The guys and girls talking in graphic terms about their sex life and their love life make me feel left out.

Then there's always the angry sexist trolls who only come to argue and spread negativity. I read something about Facebook causing depression too, cause it makes you compare your life to others. Is GAG the same way?

• Yes, GAG often makes me feel worse
  • No, GAG usually makes me feel better
  • GAG doesn't affect my mood or self-image
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I hear you.

I've been here since 2010 and sometimes it just leaves me pissed off at how annoying and terrible the human race is lol

What Girls Said 2

• yes, I definitely sometimes become more pissed off in rl because of something I saw on GaG. Like people sending me a pm to basically just rant about how sexist people are against them, and challenging anything I say that would be somewhat helpful or offering a way in which they could maybe try to change their perspective/way of dealing with it.

Just last night, as a matter of fact, someone did that and as soon as I tried to help, they turned it around on me. Saying that I'm 'just like all the other evil women' and am a cruel, cruel person. Then blocked me. Unblocked me a few more times to send further moaning about all the ways in which women wronged him, then block again. Back & forth.
    reactiongif.org/.../...t-Ryan-Reynolds-wtf-GIF.gif

• Whoaa. Yeah that really sucks. You should just block them yourself.

Ryan Reynolds, lol.

• Yes GaG has a really negative affect on me. It can make me feel so low at times, but I find GaG very addictive. I enjoy helping people with their problems so that motivates me to stay.

What Guys Said 3

• I've been here for about a week. It's quite addicting, but it has no overall effect on me thus far. I'm not too concerned at all about not having any sort of sex life. I'm speaking as a virgin.
    I don't think the issue is with GAG, but quite possibly, yourself instead. But it is good to let out your thoughts and talk about it.

• I actually feel better when I could help someone out on here. At the same time, it's such a fun time waster when I'm bored shitless at work.

So to answer your question, no, I don't feel worse after visiting this site.

• I'm a conservative white catholic male.

Apparently I'm the scum of the earth and cause all of society's problem.

Yeah I get angry sometimes on here lol