I was away from this site for a while and noticed the effect it has had on me since returning. First some background: I've been alone for like forever and there's nothing good about that. But sometimes I can forget this fact enough to feel almost normal and somewhat content. But when I come on GAG here's what happens:
1. All the guys crying about being single and how depressing it is make me feel like I should be more miserable than I am
2. The girls complaining about being constantly hit on, stared at, asked out, liked by male friends, and sexted make me envious
3. The guys and girls talking in graphic terms about their sex life and their love life make me feel left out.
Then there's always the angry sexist trolls who only come to argue and spread negativity. I read something about Facebook causing depression too, cause it makes you compare your life to others. Is GAG the same way?
- Yes, GAG often makes me feel worse30% (3)50% (5)40% (8)Vote
- No, GAG usually makes me feel better0% (0)10% (1)5% (1)Vote
- GAG doesn't affect my mood or self-image60% (6)40% (4)50% (10)Vote
- See results10% (1)0% (0)5% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I hear you.
I've been here since 2010 and sometimes it just leaves me pissed off at how annoying and terrible the human race is lol1