Have you noticed how people try to be funny by adding random, irrelevant poll options that make no sense?

There are many questions including polls where someone is blatantly trying to too hard to be funny by adding at least 3 poll options that make no sense, barely relate to the topic, and seem to be intended to try and be funny. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Have you?

• Yes, I have noticed.
  • No, I have not noticed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, FUCK THOSE PEOPLE FOR TRYING TO BE FUN eh? lmao

• Lmao I wouldn't go that far. Was just wondering if I was the only one who noticed.

this comment was actually for you. Not sure how it got posted on the other comment

• *applause* THANK YOU FOR KEEPING IT REAL. People all around this post are tip-toeing around that very truthful comment of yours which sums up a whole point I didn't even realize I was trying to make lol.

"Constantly fishing for compliments is obvious and it starts to look desperate and pathetic"

Lmao @ that clip. Your honesty is so refreshing.

• Cheers, it's nice when you meet another great mind who thinks alike, ha! :p I think the compliments thing is summed up nicely in this dank meme!

s2.quickmeme.com/.../...148d3a493e49462c9d93e3.jpg

GaG is something people tend to end up spending a lot of time on because they're bored, lonely, bored and lonely, lonely and bored etc. If you become immersed in an internet forum you're bound to lose your shit. I get bored of this place quickly, thankfully, so I swing by occasionally and post a bunch, then leave again, keeps it fun!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, sometimes it gets annoying.

• Thank you for being honest.

What Guys Said 10

• i think the point of non sequitur poll answers are to be the all purpose "not applicable/don't care/don't know/don't agree with other options/i just want to see results" choice.
    What bothers me the most about polls is that if you accidently pick to add another choice, and you have no third (or whatever) option you think applies, you can not delete that choice, and have to either fill in a goofy answer, or completely redo your question.

• That's a good point that everyone else failed to mention.

• I do it. Whenever I use a poll having two polar options like a "yes" & "no", I add a third option. Generally, people name it, "other"/"I don't know"/"results" etc. Personally, I think they're useless. Most people cannot make an extreme choice. So, in that case, I add facts or jokes in third option. At least people will get educated or laugh (if they are full of life).
    Sometimes, I don't add a third option if the question is important to me.

But yes, I find it annoying when "all" of the options don't make any sense. Bad thing is, they are not even funny. Reading them is just wastage of time.

• If people don't laugh it's not because they're not "full of life"; it may just be because someone is not as funny as they like to think they are. The extra poll options are RARELY even funny, it's a trend that most people do wrong.

• I was just teasing by adding "full of life"

• oh lol, sorry. I enjoy a good teasing ;)

• C: "whatever i do what i want"

• Not sure how that comment was posted for you but it was for someone else

• @whatthehellamy is the best at it, hers's are so funny lol

• I find them to be funny, sometimes. I mean, with the number of times I've come across them, I find them to be funny half the time.

• I know someone good at this. Tell it to @XNicholeMariex3 ;)

• It's funny.

• I kinda wished you had three random poll options just to make your point.

• I just asked same question yesterday... glad to see I'm not alone...

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1918120-why-many-people-here-put-silly-comments-on-poll-options-isn-t-a-yes

I noticed two people from here who do it almost always... I won't tell names... but they replied to yer question...

• yep... They're the one who has a kiddy sense of humour. It's very child like, like they add over the top nonsense.

What Girls Said 7

• God... how lame of them trying to be funny... everyone knows GaG hates humour, everything must be serious and melodramatic about trivial shit... don't anyone dare crack a joke!

• A lot of them are funny. I don't see a problem.

• Yep, the poll options can be quite entertaining.

• I live to do that, I breathe nonsense poll options.

• @ConsultantIsBack can't reply to your opinion, don't know why.

Thanks for the mention <3

• Who cares, I'll continue to do what I want. 😉

• *Actually it's more so antagonistic with your fake smiley, wink face. By the way, just in case you thought this post was directed towards you, I don't even pay attention to anything you say around here.

• Go ahead. 😊

• Please tell me, in what ways does random polls options affect you?
    http://i.imgur.com/gxJfFYl.gif

• Please tell me why you seem to have an undertone of defense by my question. Poll options don't have to "affect me" for me to ask a question on GAG with a poll and see what others think.

• Makes no difference.

• Accept it makes them look like they try too hard.