Why do some people on g@g post mean opinions?

Not nesscarily mean, but they will answer in a rude, snarky, or sarcastic way. I mean I know this is a social media outlet, but some people need advice and do not appreciate the sarcasm or rudeness, especially when that person didn't do anything to you. Just wondering why people answer questions that way sometimes.

Also one of my good friends left gag because of the rudeness. She was a young teen, and she couldn't take it anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• ~Some people (and this can be understandably sometimes) can't see from the asker's viewpoint.
    ~Some people are having a bad day and a snarky remark makes them feel a lot better. Perhaps they don't dislike the asker in particular, but they need to vent.
    ~People people can misjudge the atmosphere of the question. It can be hard to convey emotions through text as well as through speech.
    ~Some people are just salty twats that like a sick kick from winding people up. Trust me I've met a few here.

You wouldn't be talking about Ashley Princess would you? I noticed she has left. Everyone seems to be leaving these days, or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I freely admit to being snarky and I usually do it because I think it's the most effective way to make a point to the asker.

What Guys Said 22

• "Why do some people on g@g post mean opinions?" Because it's not against the rules unless you attack them directly for the most part? And overall if ____ can't take the heat they should get the fuck out of the kitchen Because ain't nobody going to "hold their " tongue just to protect your feelings IRL.. esp when they don't even know you like that LOL.

• I dont sugarcoat anything and I expect the same of people when it comes to me... it's tough world.

• im only a dick on Monday and Tuesday :o

• there is a big difference between snark and sarcasm, and being mean.
    and some questions some people ask? Simply put, some questions don't deserve an answer that isn't sarcastic.
    as for being rude and even mean? being an anonymous or largely anonymous forum, people feel less need to not worry about being rude, and so you will get more rude behavior. That said, avoid rude or mean people, fleeing from them? That helps no one. Rude people, mean people? They are a part of life. Family, friends, coworkers, neighbors... you will have to deal with someone, or many people, who, no matter how good and kind they can be at times, can be mean and cruel at others. You learn nothing about how to deal with the stress, or deal with the people who cause it, by fleeing.
    The block option exists for a reason. If you are being harassed, block someone. But someone having a different opinion is not mean/rude/harassment. Someone telling you they think you are wrong is not necessarily mean/rude/harassment. And someone trying to explain to you why they think you are wrong/they are right, while it can be mean/rude/harassment, is not, inherently, any of those things.
    People who want to live in a bubble where their feelings matter more than anything never grow, never become more than children, never learn how to become adults in a society where not everyone thinks like how they do. And though there is no reason to be cruel about it, those people should be picked on, at least a bit, to try to get them to stand up for themselves, and to get them to realize that you can't make bad people go away by wishing them away, ignoring them, or hiding from them, so the only way to live, and be happy, is to deal with them, and move on in life.

• I wasn't referring to someone telling me that I'm wrong because that's obviously not mean. I'm talking about people being rude for no reason whatsoever.

• I figured you were being specific, but I chose to answer in a much more general sense. Especially because I have been accused of being nasty or mean just for having a different opinion.
      As I said, if someone is being rude for no reason whatsoever, leaving the site is still pretty extreme. Just block the offending person.

• The rudeness is supposed to get to you. I employ this. And if you cannot survive on the internet you should therefore not be on the internet.

• But I like the Internet. 😛

• Then u gotta deal with it. I'm one of those harsh opinions people because people need to know the harsh reality.

• You might as well ask why people on the internet are rude, since you'll get the same answer: Anonymity and lack of consequences.

• Lol. Funny how most of the opinions here don't actually answer the question at hand.
    There is a huge difference between saying "why you can do it" and "why you actually do it". Saying that you're at liberty to be a sarcastic ass, therefore I am, is not addressing the question.

I think people find it fun to do so. Most probably are afraid of doing so in real life and use the blanket of the internet to express their rudeness and sarcasm instead.

• 1. ever heard of 'survival of the fittest' ? The world is a naturally harsh place. Strong genes pass on and weak perish. It is totally natural.. It's why we (homo sapiens) have come this far.

2. Speaking of me, I post sarcastic opinions on a question which is sexist/racist/mindnumbingly stupid or repetitive to an annoying extent.

3. I troll the trollers too. My responses are in tune with the questions. You ask a genuine, unbiased and non repetitive questionand I WILL never ever give a rude/sarcastic answer- no matter how my mood is.

• Because they think, being a dick is a freedom. Which it is. But being mean has become so boring now. The best way to deal with it. Be indifferent.

• Perhaps they had a bad day, and are incapable of rational thinking
    people often portray rude behavior, when they forget to think.. unfortunately.

• I don't know maybe that's how they are naturally, not only here it could be that everywhere they are like that, even in real life.

It's just one possibility.

• There are some people in all walks of life whose sole purpose in life is to cause annoyance, hurt and upset. Sad thing is, they lack the intelligence to be nice. They just aren't worth bothering with. They are, with difficulty sometimes, best ignored.

• Just worthless losers lol
    Plenty of them on gag

• Because they're stupid a-holes

• Oh come on, if I cut out the sarcasm I couldn't say anything at all. I usually try to be helpful, but some questions are just so stupid its impossible to resist.

• Because this is the internet.

• Hey... don't blame us if you can't handle your own stupidity/vanity/crazy reflected back to your face.

• butt hurt people mostly...

• every one express thoughts that comes out of the head, if the head is full with garbage , they will say garbage , if their heads full with flowers they will say flowers, get it? :)

• Some people are just rude and lack common decency. It happens everywhere not just on this website

• Welcome to the fake real world.

• I answer in that way whenever someone asks an outlandishly stupid question

• Some people don't understand otherwise... does it mean I'm mean?

I don't think so... but I can't be nice to someone who has a fucked up mindset...

What Girls Said 10

• Internet is mean, life is mean, my best advice is to grow a "pear" and face it.

I love being a bitch, you can't take that away from me :(

• I don't know but I think we get it by now; when men get pissy and doesn't get his way, they call every woman a fat, liberal feminazi.

• Because it's the internet, where social repercussions do not exist for your assholery.

• Wish it did lol

• Yeah but there will always be the freedom of speech argument and the fact that people KNOW this is an opinion website and thus are sort of signing up to have really harsh disagreements. I don't agree with it but that's how the cookie crumbles. You either take it on the chin or with a grain of salt.

• Because I'm a bitch.

• Heya!!
    I think because they think its funny or cool. Also they're are doing it behind a computer screen which makes it so much easier to bully another. Or you know what they just have no life! And if its happened to you, just ignore it or comeback with something stronger.
    Social media can be stupid sometimes...
    (blows nails) :)
    Take care.

• Because some people are so unfeasibly simple it's rude NOT to point it out... It's like a scratch you have to itch...

• It's honest

• Some question's are dumb or rude and deserve snarky answers.

• they're bitter.

• It's much the same as in real life.