How can GaG have 102k likes on Facebook when it seems like such a small community?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there are that many users here and then some, even if it doesn't feel like it. Many users choose to go and stay anonymous all the time, too, so we don't really see their names and associate them as one user, Anonymous, when that could really be 30 different users in reality. Users also come and go, so those likes could be from current and old G@Gers plus people who just happen to stumble across it and like a post or two, though I'm not sure how long the Facebook page has been around.

What Guys Said 11

• they're probably advertising as much as they can, and spreading awareness to people they know, telling them to like the page, etc. i bet half the Likes are from people who don't even use GaG, and another 25% from people who don't even know what it really is lol.

• I have indeed heard GAG has about 100,000 members but many of them will probably either follow subjects we're not following, or they only come online rarely.
    Or they go anon...
    And of course, as I also read in the opinions, some of the likes may come from users who left GAG since it's almost 10 years old :D

• Lots of people like reading posts, but rarely if ever post anything themselves

• Not all those who "like" are users, the admins have probably been campaigning for "likes" similar to how people campaign for likes on Instagram and favorites/retweets on Twitter. :-P

• Most of them aren't regular users, just people who register to ask a question or two, or even some who must lurk without registering.

• I was wondering the same thing

• Our community is bigger then you think.

• It includes many many old users too, considering this is quite an old site, and has been there for years

• I hope that this site never gets popular! I would hate for someone to find me on here!

• Umm maybe most of them don't use it !

• It must be some kind of bug... just a few months ago it had only 70 thousand... how they got increased so quickly?

What Girls Said 7

• because it been active since like 2006 or something. Watch when we get them apps!

• · users that aren't active anymore
    · people that like everything because why not
    · current users
    · anonymous users, who knows how much they really are?
    · current users
    · people that just read what's going on without an account
    And counting how old this site is (I don't know about the Facebook page, but the difference can't be that big :-?), it's possible over time.

• Because people come and go, many gagers have left but when they were active they liked the page on fb.

• Most accounts don't log on as much

• It's a conspiracy 😱

• There are probably many lurkers. There are benefits to signing up and being active, but clearly there are tons of people out there who just come here to read and not participate.

• Everyone on the payroll made their whole extended family like that page.