Should G@G Tell Us Why Our Question/Take Was Removed?

So ages ago when I was still a newbie, I asked a question, which I thought about, I made sure it was okay, checked the rules, checked again, did my goody two shoes shit that I don't bother with anymore and made sure the question was okay, and posted it.

That question was removed.
The only thing I was told is that it was 'provocative' (I think that's the word. If it's not then I'll put the right word in the update)

I wasn't told why. I had no idea why. Provocative? Not it wasn't it was just a simple opinion poll. No harm in it.

How are we supposed to know what not to post if we're not told why our posts are being removed? Sure a pretty little category of what's not allowed can give you a guideline, but I followed that guideline to a T. I still don't know what I did wrong.

So do you think G@G should tell you why a post of yours was removed?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain)
Antagonistic. That's the word I'm after. Thankyou.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're probably talking about "Antagonistic"
    But whenever/if your questions get removed, the sytem "should" send you a message
    with an explanation, as to why.. If it doesn't, or if you disagree, you could contact the Admins, and explain your situation. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always thought that there should be a comment box when reporting questions and opinions. That would help the moderators as well as the administration.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, as far as I know one normally gets a message from the admin/system giving reason for the removal of the post, not sure why you didn't get any reason.

• You get the name of the category for which you were reported under. Not a reason for why you were reported under that category.

• You can actually ask them in the bottom contact section -> regarding "help"

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• What was the question?

• Can't remember now. This was sometime last year.

• @Red_Arrow It doesn't define it at all though. It gives a single example and says basically do not be rude, and do not threaten people.

That's it.

And from what I remember, I was not rude, I was not threatening anyone I did not have a hostile tone. I was simply asking a question that in my mind was perfectly reasonable and fine to ask. And I still don't know why it wasn't.

• As you now know, you should have asked an admin then about it. Without seeing what you wrote, I cannot tell you what I think might be the problem.

• Logistically it would be a nightmare for Mods. As annoying as it is, this is better than getting bogged down in legal arguments.

• I think they should. The same thing has happened to me and it's really frustrating

What Girls Said 8

• When a post is removed, you are sent a general reason explaining why. That message also includes a link to the posting guidelines in the FAQ: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#147

If that doesn't adequately help you understand why something was removed though, everyone is free to send a message either to www.girlsaskguys.com/contact or they can message me directly for a more in-depth explanation :)

• It's a good idea but you can also check the moderator guidelines to see what each removal means and implies.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators

check the last drop down on the page :)

• "Sure a pretty little category of what's not allowed can give you a guideline, but I followed that guideline to a T."

I know what each guideline means and implies. I know it was implied my post was antagonistic, what I mean is we should be told exactly how it is. Because, while I don't remember the question anymore, I know I did not write it in a way to seem antagonistic. I did not write anything offensive. I was not attacking anyone.

I do not understand how it was antagonistic. I get that it was, just not how.
      That's what I'm saying we should be told.

I was looking at that exact page to make sure I wasn't asking anything I shouldn't be. And it got removed anyway.

• You can always contact the admin as well. I once got something removed incorrectly, contacted the admin and they fixed the situation :)

• Thing is though, I didn't know that then. All I knew was what I gathered from the FAQ, which was don't ask or that question will be removed too. It doesn't state that you can contact an admin, neither does the message telling you that your question was removed.

• I think you might mean 'antagonistic'? It's usually when questions are removed for being purposefully insulting or designed to cause an argument, like troll questions or often gender questions, e. g. 'Why are all men/women so ____' that kinda thing. I guess you can try asking the admins why it was removed? But yeah, I think it'd be a good idea to have access to a more in depth description of what exactly violated the rules.

• You could always message an admin for a more clear explanation as to why it was taken down. They handle that stuff.

• Well it's too late now that was sometime last year, and if we can do that then why isn't it stated in FAQ that we can? Why don't they tell you that when they inform you your question has been removed?

• It does inform you, but it doesn't give you a drawn out explanation. And the message does tell you you may contact someone if you have any questions regarding removal.

• Of course they should.. If only out of good old fashion common courtesy.. Which sadly some people lack, or can't comprehend the meaning of.

• yes I think they should.

• Yes.

• It was never removed