Should we be able to edit our posts after posting?

I see a lot when people make a typo and they have to post an entire reply to correct it

Wouldn't it be easier to just edit the post itself?

I mean, this is such a "no shit" thing

The only con is that trolling will get easier, but the pros are so obvious

I haven't been here long, so I don't know if this has always been a thing, but is there a reason why?

The question is in the title

• Yes
  • No
  • Indifferent

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it would be a moderating nightmare. I also think it's a good mindset for the site. Just like how you can't take your words back in real life you can't take them back on GaG. Be mindful of what you say.

Most Helpful Guy

• it would be nice if we could edit a post until someone replies or 'likes'.

What Girls Said 10

• i think it's b good, but if i were an admin, id say you're only allowed to edit it once, so you need to be careful with your editing. that way, the feature isn't abused and people actually take the time to think about what they're writing.

• Yes, it would be AMAZING to be able to fix a typo that you didn't initially notice! I would love that. Why not have it?

• The thought of it sounds like a good idea, but implementing it and really seeing it in action can cause problems. Pelple will take advantage of it. Maybe proof reading it once, twice, three times lucky will help. They can always go with that idea. But give you a restriction on how many times you can edit a post. Like once only.

• Yes, of course, it's an excellent idea :)

• Well yeah, I think that's a good plan.

• Yes. Please. I literally feel rage when I can't fix a typo.

• that feature used to exist, but they removed it I don't know why. probably for quicker responses.

• Yes, I think yes.

• No so if suppose someone has a discussion they would just edit what they said and claim that is what they originally said.. To make themselves look good.

• No. Too much trolling on this site as it is...

• You do realize that posting as Anonymous is a far bigger troll problem than editing posts, right?

What Guys Said 6

• There are both benefits and disadvantages to this idea.
    On one hand, it greatly helps with any typos or misconceptions the OP can clear after making the post.
    On the flip side, however, it essentially gives 5x more power to the trolls over any given user.

• Yes, that's a great idea, I support it.

• This should have been a priority above almost everything except bug fixes. Certainly higher than the new updates which were released in us in the past day.

• No , editing should not be allowed.. i also find liking and removing likes silly too.. if you like something it should stay

• I think They should allow editing each post once BUT we should be able to see both the original and the edited ones.

• Yes... although I doubt we're gonna see something like dat in any of da next updates... unfrotunatelly GAG admins focus on other nonsense stuff...