What happened to Featured Fridays?

Are we going to keep having Featured Fridays? I was enjoying them so far, but also feel that if we are to continue them that it be nice to actually get the topic out on Monday, like it is supposed to be. It is now Wednesday and still no topic for this week (unless I have missed it, in which case, my apologies). It doesn't give us much time to work on a My Take, especially one of decent quality.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi everyone! Thanks for the message - I am thrilled to hear you loved the concept of FF :) Going forward, we will not be doing Featured Fridays - BUT we will keep you updated on topics trending on the site to inspire your myTakes! Be on the lookout for those in GAG News next week. If you have any feedback, questions, or ideas, feel free to shoot me a message! xo

• That is disappointing.

• @Red_Arrow Perhaps it was not liked by everyone. I would like to know the true reason behind discontinuing it, though.

• As with any new addition to GAG, we received both positive and negative feedback. We LOVED reading everyone's myTakes, but having an influx of posts all covering the same topic was a bit much. We didn't want users to feel constricted with one specific topic, especially in a contest type format, so we decided to cut it. That being said, we will definitely continue more contests in the future (similar to the Valentine's Day contest), and will be introducing a lot of exciting new topics and features soon!

What Guys Said 2

• I prefer Weiner Wednsdays.

• Hope not... I never won...

What Girls Said 3

• I'm actually glad Featured Friday is gone. It worked out for the Valentine's Day Takes. But after that it went stale.
    I even saw a man win by default because he was the only guy to submit a take.
    I mean, there should have been obvious rules against if only one gender is to submit, that mean they should have selected any two regardless of the sex.
    I also noticed some takes were way less detailed than mine but still won. I had no idea what really met the criteria for a great take.
    Anyway, it seems like most things on GAG the featured fridays was just a trial.

• What is that?

• I was thinking the same thing!