Latest Update: who thought this is would be a good change?

very informative... lol

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• They take that long a break to do that and no downvote?

• there is many more than that... but it's the first thing I noticed and I was just... wtf, seriously?

• Yeah, exactly. This is DEFINITELY what we want time to be spent on!

What Girls Said 20

• If you go to your settings on your profile, you will see a lot more options to customize which notifications you receive! So if you don't like receiving that many notifications, you can just uncheck them and click "save."

When you click on "Notifications" to go to your notifications page, you can also click the button in the top right corner that says "Mark all as read" to clear all of your notifications :)

• I've seen that, my problem is that I only get "..." on those notifications and not the name of the question I got mentioned or at least a part of the mention

• Ah okay, I see what you mean now. The notifications show part of the post you are being notified about so not all of your notifications will look like the ones in your screenshot here.

• yes I noticed but that still can't be right like that lol

• woah... that's why they took such a long break..

• No they too a alcohol, them getting drunk from the alcohol break resulted in the recent update.

• Yes they seem to be broken... Annoying

• Just noticed that I got some PMs... no notifications either

• Look at all that extra information you're getting right there :P Wow. What a time to be alive.

• I thought at First, @Yumix that Someone was Asking for My own opinion... Must be just Something Special with Followers/Following GAG Threw in the Bull Pen here, dear.
    "WTF?"xx

• Awwww, look how much I love you <3

That is shit, dude, it sucks cock, I hate the new gag now. That will keep me away from here.

• I'm not too fond of the new updates either! For some reason I got a notification that you posted THIS question? Like what? But... Ok, what ever lol

• Ok yeah actually I hate it a lot! I don't get my notifications on my questions anymore so I don't know if someone said anything!

• what browser do you use? In chrome they work for me and on edge they didn't

• I have no clue tbh! I think it's chrome

• Now you can really stay updated. :) There's a new "Private" feature when you go to add your opinion as well.

• Epic FAIL~

• Not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm willing to give it a try but where is the downvote?

• not there yet, coming another time

• you can change your notifications in the settings.

and I don't like the automatic closing of questions at all

• Go to your settings page & uncheck some boxes.

• That feature is good lol and that's all i have to say about the features LMFAO

• I don't know, seems a little odd but as @Maxemeister metioned it notifies you of EVERYTHING which can be annoying but in a way theyre making it more like a social media

• Haha, I love @WhatTheHellAmy XD

• Just passing by to say I'm here because I got the notification that you asked this question.

• You can deactivate those in your settings.

And checking my new questions should be the first thing you do every day, with or without notifications :p

• Yeah i noticed. I Guess it's just a ton of extra information, But still no downvote.

• You also get notified when someone you're following asks a new question

• I hate it!!! It so Confusing

• Whatt? 😮
    What's going on here?😅😅

• So far it's really confusing with the notification.

• Apparently GAG admins thought it would be!

• All I want is the downvote button back.

What Guys Said 11

• no, what is the point, i liked the old one better. I thought we were going to get downvotes. Now your notifications will be filled with one question's responses or one comment's replys, this is so stupid.

• OMG. This is revolutionary! Thank you so much GAG mods! : O

• I much preferred the previous type of notifications. They were more more concise and informative. I knew what I needed to actually read and what I could just mark as read. Now, not so much.

• @Yumix Are those notifications for the same piece of content or different ones? Let us know. It could be a bug. Thanks.

• different ones, but my problem is that it doesn't show any information. show the question name or at least a longer part of the mention and not just "..." lol

and I don't know why it shows more on archiz one but on Amy's it's everytime just "...". I wanna see where I got mentioned and not this

• Honestly I think gag was better before they started going in and "attempting" to fix everything even though it didn't need fixing.

• I think it is stupid

• It seems I get updates from follows too since I got a notification when you asked this smh

• This new update sucks ass.

• This update sucks donkey dick

• Damn... now we can't answer questions where MHO was selected...

• yes, sucks

• I'm glad that's the case because I used to hate it when I received additional answers for questions I already awarded MHO to.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more