Site update: what's all new now?

So far I see an option to answer privately... Whatever that means. I'm assuming only the asker can see those answers.

What else?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey! Here's a few of the major changes you will see from our recent update :)

-Open and closed questions. All questions are open by default and visible to all users. Instead of having a question limit per 24 hours, now, the number of open questions you can have at once depends on Xper level. A question becomes closed when the Asker selects at least one MHO -or- if there is no activity on the question for 48 hours (no new opinions, replies, or poll votes). Closed questions are still visible to all users, they will be marked with a "stop" icon. You cannot leave new opinions on a closed question but you can still reply to existing opinions. When the question is closed, you will receive a notification letting you know your question has expired. You can still request to feature a closed question though. An admin will re-open it and it will be featured for 24 hours, as usual, so you can get more responses!
    -Private opinions. These are opinions that are only visible to the Asker and Opinion Owner. Private opinions are marked with a padlock icon. When asking a question, the Asker can choose to receive only private opinions on their question so then all of the opinions on that question will be private. If the Asker does not choose this option, the Opinion Owner can still select to make their opinion private (only the QA and themselves will see it). This cannot be changed after the opinion is posted.
    -New notification settings. If you go to your settings on your profile, you will see a lot more options to customize which notifications you receive! When you click on "Notifications" to go to your notifications page, you can also click the button in the top right corner that says "Mark all as read" to clear all of your notifications.

What Guys Said 9

• This showed up in my notifications. I don't know why lol this update is trippy

• I don't really like how things show up in your notification bar without really involving you! That's just me though, tricks me out

• Haha looks like my problems is solved, just figured out you can change the settings!

• lol.. Oh, wow, and HERE, @epiper888, I thought the ASKER was Asking for my OWN Opinion. lolxxoo

• Yeah I have this in notifications.. from you @Azuregirl

• its in my notifications... sucks

• Closed questions is a really terrible idea.

• Questions that have an MHO have been closed or questions that have been inactive for 48 hours are closed... so no more replies to either.

Not sure how I feel about it.

• Also, the "notification bell" (don't know what it's called, but hopefully you'll guys and gals will know what I mean), when you've gotten replies to your opinions etc, has changed to the worse!!

Now I don't use it - it's totally useless to me

• "Closed Question" then "Closed Comment," why DOES GAG Have the Right to Keep it Going? xx

• 1|0
    • No probs...

• Ah, this will help Me in some of my More Private Askers who may or may not follow me, but keep coming Back to this box. lolxxoo

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• It's so stupid. I hate it. I cannot think of a single good thing.

• My questions are closed

• this was on my notifications? I don't know if thats new o_o

• Apparently we also get notified when people we follow ask a question.

It's very odd o. o

• Its odd indeed! I'm definitely not a huge fan at all @Asker

• Are we going to get notifications every time someone we follow asks a question or posts a myTake?

• You can change what you get notifications for, including that, when you scroll down in settings.

• Ugh I can't fucken tell what's the notifications for the questions I asked or comments I left. -_- They just had to go and make the notification all confusing.

• I don't see much different at all haha

• Only two things have caught my eye so far lol

Unless you count the annoying zoom in every time I write a comment... But I'm on my phone so I'm sure not everyone is having that issue😅

• Questions that are inactive for 48 hours or have an MHO picked become closed.

• Wow I leave gag one minute to do my hw and this happens! I am out!

• I don't get what the "private" response thing is

• Apparently only the poster and the asker can see them. It's kinda dumb tbh

• well for one it notifys you when people you follow ask.

• I saw that the new thing they added was u can choose if u wanna give a oppion privately

• This private update is rather pointless. I bet people will start using that only as a means to PM anon askers, especially female anons who are asking to be rated.