Why are my previous questions closed?

There's an update and my questions are closed and people cannot reply to them anymore? Anybody have an explaination as to what the exactly entails? Also what is the option for private when making a comment about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for people who ask a ton of questions this seems kind of stupid I mean what if they post when there is little activity or what if it's so far down on the list that no one notices the question for a day?

Seems counter productive especially since now the questions will be closing faster then we can get to them or it will simply draw even more attention to stupid questions that serve no purpose but that draw people to them because of their totally out there nature.

I do not see this ending well.

Most Helpful Girl

• This was from our recent update!

Instead of having a question limit per 24 hours, now, the number of open questions you can have at once depends on Xper level. A question becomes closed when the Asker selects at least one MHO -or- if there is no activity on the question for 48 hours (no new opinions, replies, or poll votes). Closed questions are still visible to all users, they will be marked with a "stop" icon. You cannot leave new opinions on a closed question but you can still reply to existing opinions. When the question is closed, you will receive a notification letting you know your question has expired. You can still request to feature a closed question though. An admin will re-open it and it will be featured for 24 hours, as usual, so you can get more responses! You can learn about all of our other updates by checking our our myTake here :) www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25903-less-opinions-on-more-questions-privacy-notifications

• Thanks for the info and since our complaining about lack of a dislike button will be making a difference I guess I will commence the complaining on the closed questions and hopefully that will get switched back.

• The "down vote" button will be back in a future update. The purpose of having closed questions is to have quicker responses for those who need help. Once an Asker has gotten the help they need and the question becomes closed, the community can focus more on other questions that are still open. :)

What Guys Said 4

• This seems like a stupid update. Isn't the purpose of GAG to encourage open conversations?

Have they done this with myTakes too? Can we no longer reply to myTakes after a certain amount of time?

The other updates also seem pointless. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Apparently they begin closing closing after either I think 24? hours of inactivity or selecting at least 1 MHO.

This is done so that new questions can receive more "attention". Not sure how this is gonna turn out.

• Because the people making the dicisions are idiots

• Girlsaskguys... they look like they changes their layout and stuff so you gotta tell them wtf is going on

What Girls Said 5