Does anyone like the new gag feature. ?

Of closing the questions or not allowing/permitting answers after the MHO is chosen? I personally do not like it. I feel like the new changes are getting very annoying on this site now.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• We should shut down this website for good

What Guys Said 22

• This is definitely one of the worst updates I've seen so far.

Having questions close after a period of inactivity is a good idea. 48 hours is not long enough as some people don't hit the site every day, and may not be on for the weekend. So I think that's pretty silly. 5 days of inactivity or something would have probably been better.

Closing it after MHO is a terrible idea as well, because a lot of good info can be added after an MHO is awarded. Just because one opinion is the MOST helpful, doesn't mean the other opinions cannot be helpful too. This will significantly lower the amount of help an asker can get, which runs completely opposite of the goals of the site. Bad, bad idea.

The private answer seems like something prone to abuse. It will be more difficult to moderate, and other people won't be able to call out something that is clearly bad or misleading advice. People that reply can be anonymous if they don't want their words associated with their account, but having those words be viewable to everyone ensures that they have some sort of accountability. If you want nobody else to see your answer, chances are high that the information in it is questionable or manipulative. And again, there could be useful information that is now being hidden, that could have benefited other users. So, it lowers the safety of the information while also lowering the amount of information Users get, again going against the point of the site.

Disappointing.

• I don't like the closing of the questions only because the time frame is too short. If it was like a month, that would make sense. Stuff becomes archived and kind of irrelevant after that time period. However, stuff is still relevant after 48 hours.

As for the private opinion feature thing, I'm pretty indifferent. Meh, I won't be able to creep on other people's answers anymore, but it doesn't really bother me too much. I can only wonder if people will abuse it though.

I. E. *pervy person asks extreme sexual question that technically doesn't violate rules*
    *puts in on private*
    *gets a response by naive person*
    *he/she then goes to responder and breaks rules in comment. However, no one will know since they can't see it*

The font update in the notification bar was unnecessary but not horrible. It bothers me how it doesn't highlight it anymore though. I can't see what my notification actually was.

• It seems dumb to me. I don't think preventing people from answering a question is the right move for the site. It just limits communication, which is the whole point of the site. I would actually like to still get additional answers to some of my questions well after I select MHO. I guess we just have to stop selecting MHO's anymore if we want any answers to our questions.

• I got a notification that a question I posted an opinion on selected mho, if I didn't get mho then why the fuck would I want a notification? It's irrelevant. GaG developers do some stupid shit sometimes. I still want fucking downvotes back!

• I hate it because you have to go back and close the question yourself and there is no quick indication of what is closed or open. It should not be as important as they made it. The private button is also a waste. There are so many things and ways they can use their time and money improving the site but they waste it on things like this.

• I like the idea of being able to close questions but I think the question asker should be able to decide when/if to close it.

Im indifferent about the private opinions.

I like the new notification settings.

• they might as well remove the private feature, that's what private messages are for!!

you fucked up gag

• Its frankly ridiculous.

• Closing should be done not to questions with the MHO, but to threads that are over a year old with no responses. To prevent threadcromantic bumping.

• I agree... like wtf!!!

• @sweettckae: Good to know someone and I finally see the same thing on an issue. I was starting to feel like the Unpopular Opinion Puffin. :-)

• lol you're not, I really don't like this new bullshit from gag. they always seem to want to improve it. when it doesn't need any improvement.

• I don't like ANY of the newest "features" which were introduced. I feel like the GAG team should have brought in more experienced consultants to address the site's problems. They created polls to get user feedback about the site's issues, yet seemed to implement measures which actually made the site much worse to use. It just boggles the mind. I've seen sites do stuff like this before and all it accomplished was to drive users away.

• WTF GAG WTF

• Nope I don't like it at all, of course it's just another update to throw in the endless sea of pointless updates lol.

• I think the idea behind it is that people don't choose MHOs too fast. Often times I see people choosing the MHO 3-4 replies in after 15 minutes. Naturally that will not necessarily be the MHO.

Is this the right way to go around it? I don't exactly think so.

• I just got several notices pertaining to questions I don't care about (best answer to someone) and click on a few live feed questions that I could not answer. I don't know who their software architect is, be he's mentally retard shooting features like this down the pipeline.

• I feel like the changes make it more efficient. Which is good.

• Nope, I hate these new updates.

Why have there been so many updates over the past few months? Is GAG always like this?

• I don't really like any of those changes except the more detailed settings for notifications.

• I don't like how fast the questions close, I think at least a week to a month would be better. And there are way too many notifications now and unless people go into the settings and change them their notifications are getting blown up.

• I hate it. It's the downfall of gaga

• Oh GOD I'M FREAKING OUT!

• I would dislike it if I were to click a question only to find out I can't answer it anymore - if there's a text that shows a question is closed then I'm happy because I'm bothered by clicking it.

But supposedly you can add opinions to answers on an already closed questions... but I'm pretty sure not many people will use that

• Very confusing... and yeah I disliked we're not allowed to post on a question where MHO was selected...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• I think it sucks. Because some people have some pretty good things to say after the MHO is chosen or maybe they didn't see the question when a member posted it and wanted to get their two cents in. But now they won't get that chance. Which sucks i guess less people will be choosing MHO now?

• NO i don't like the changes at all. It is so annoying I thought i was banned from answering all questions at first. hahha

• Nope. I think all of the new updates are pretty pointless.

• I really don't like the uber amount of notifications now.

• You can change it on your profile's MySettings, at the bottom.

• I don't think closing the question is a good idea at all. I don't know what these people are thinking!

• No that's stupid? Now people are just gonna stop giving MHs bc they want all the answers they can get.

• Fucking sucks

• It's stupid. I'm just about fed up with these dumb updates.

• I HATE IT.

• This feature is useless with these users who choose MHG within minutes of asking the question.

• And here I thought GAG couldn't be screwed up any more then it was?

• no. I agree it's annoying.

• No, I hate this new update. It's like they're putting a real effort into making this harder for us to interact with one another.

1 private opinion(s)