How do you feel about the new g@g update?

Private opinions, closed questions and more, a lot of new features weeee implemented into the site today! How to you feel about it?

Read more about it here ---> G@G update

• I love it! 😍
  • I like most of the things, but some I dislike. ☺️
  • I'm indifferent. ☹️
  • I HATE IT!!! 😡
I'm on the 'annoyed' bandwagon.

Most Helpful Guy

• hate it would be probably too much, but from what I've seen now I don't like most of the changes. Especially the automatic closing of questions. Give the user the ability to close them but give them the choice.
    I also don't know how I should feel about the private options.

The new settings for notifications are nice, but the way they are displayed... meh

• I had the last 2 days no time because of an exam and now I can't answer anymore on many questions of people I follow here... it's fucking annoying -_-

• I was thinking like a couple weeks would be good 😔

• It looks like it also closes it after they select 2 mho. I can see the trolls having fun with this loop hole. Free points galore!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been here, @RainbowFanGirl, for over 2 years now And... Somehow Or Another, I always Try and Roll with the Punches, Making the Best of It.
    I Love the New Notification part. It is Quite Colorful (On my laptop anyway Today) and Although with Not Being able to Comment on a "Closed Question," which is Absurd, They take Your Point away if Someone would Want to Give you a "Like" for your "Late Like."
    I Do Think they Should have Just "Closed Comments" Instead... Sometimes That In itself Can be Too much.
    Good Luck and Good Question. xx

What Guys Said 37

• All I want is gag to be exactly the same as it was 2 months ago. No changes, no bullshit and the downvotes. Thanks

• I'm indifferent.

www.rantlifestyle.com/.../forrestgump.jpg

GAG is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.

• I hate it. I don't want all these notifications. I don't want a notification to see if my vote tipped the poll, or when a user posts a new question. It was bad enough before and now well….. I am going to check if it can be turned off.

How come GAG does not focus on more important things, like the fact users get bullied here and the fact that the moderation here is sexist.

They just keep making GAG worse and worse.

• WELL THANK GOD GAG DECIDED TO NOTIFY ME ABOUT YOUR QUESTION, HUH?

• You can change your notification options on your profile, if you go to MySettings and to the bottom of the page.

• @Aizou Lol yeah trust me I was sure to fix that

• OH AND by the way THANK GOD MHO DOES THAT FUN THING LIKE CANCELLING OPINIONS

• Not again...

• OMG it's about as bad as Microsoft forcing everyone to use metro. I wan't my old G@G back, the recent update is not useful.

• Closed questions are the worst update ever... I'm quite annoyed too.

• Pretty close to just closing my account. If it's not fun, why be here? When I first got here, it was just a cool little site where people could ask for advice, but the admins just keep tweaking things, and it's just getting further and further away from a funky little site where people go for advice.

• This new version confuses me and makes my eyes water, couldn't we just dull down the side bars so they aren't light, bring back the dislike button and stop changing things that were working quite well to begin with. Why not make different gag themes to fit the user.

• Locked threads had better not be bumped in the feed for comments. I don't want to see threads I can't participate in.

• I think it's dog shit.

• Look at this vote, GAG admin! It should tell you so much!

• Problem is, nothing will happen. Until the next round of pointless annoying updates.

LEAVE IT ALONE!! Get rid of some of the previous useless updates. The mixture of fonts makes the whole site look awful.

• The changes here lately remind me of this song:

"How can you judge for me
    What i should hear and see
    You take away freedom of choice
    Take away the right to voice
    My beliefs and and all my views
    You take away my right to choose"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a50u6lcLsMY

• i personally don't like it and i am not going to re explain myself as i did on the other question. I hate the closing feature

• I just don't like the closed questions
    What's with the private opinions? Isn't that what the Anon button is for?

• I get notifications of people who gets MHOed in questions I have put my opinion in. Fuck do I care if someone else got an MHO!

• Too much notification. I don't care who else answers, i just care about who replies to me. It's annoying and confusing.

• It seems to be for the ADHD crowd, The gag hoes who demand their privacy, And people who love getting notifications even if they have nothing to do with them.

• i hate it

• I like most of it, but i dont need yet more notifications about the fact i refuse to pick a most helpfull on some questions where they are the only opinion or i find most helpfull irrelevant. I also dont care about a notification where someone else has been picked most helpfull. Other then that its great changes.

I also had an idea, how about we finally get rid of the nonsensical mho counter next to the persons name and add a like / dislike ratio instead? Many users here give great opinions but are often not considered the most helpfull, these users are punished for contributing to a lot of questions.

• There isn't a single new feature I like in fact they are all ruining my experience of gag. I'm struggling to find questions that I can actually answee

• only just noticed and getting the hang of it

• I like the new notifiication system. I've customized it to my needs and suits me fine.

As for everything else...

WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING?

GAG WTF IS THIS S*

• Eh, it's whatever.

• I don't know. I haven't gotten to know the new features yet.

• its pretty stupid the closing question thing and the private opinions thing is dumb as fuck

• Time will tell

i just hope they dfont go the facebook route and change it ALL THE TIME

• Like always, I'm gonna give it time... I just assume the bugs will get resolved and maybe I'll learn to like some things. So in a week or so I'll have the "final votes of the Belgian jury" :D

• What happened to the font with the dislike button which made the site interesting?

• I got a notification telling me that u just asked a new question.. wow good update xD

• More from Guys
    7

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 28

• worst shit, isn't it?

• i just added my opinion on that mytake so that basically sums it up.

• I have absolutely no idea the only thing I noticed so far is being notified about questions and seeing users names and pics when they comment or ask a question... I don't know if it's going to be a good thing or not. I might not want to be informed about each and every question someone asks and I follow a lot of people 😕

• Yea that will get annoying

• Read the take I linked. ;)

• Oh lol yeah I have trouble noticing vs how it was before when we use to see actual links.

• Another unnecessary update! 😒 Closed questions? I can't think of a single benefit of that. Like wtf GaG? -_-

• Dear GaG,

if I did not best answer, I don't care about who did. I will never care who did. Ever.

Sincerely,

everyone who didn't get best answer.

• I think it's pretty good and makes a lot of sense :)

• Some of it is okay, but I'm not caring for the uber notifications.

• I don't know how I like it yet since I just logged on now. Though the notifications look really confusing.

• It's no bad. I'm glad that they are giving us choices in out settings which was pretty average before. I really LOVE the mho thing they did. I don't want to see if others got the best answer if it's not mine that was chosen. Everything else is just kind of like fb i guess. You get a notification FOR everything and most of it is overly described.

• I'm neutral. The closed questions thing is odd, even though I see the reason behind it.

• So far 62% hate it including me.

• No, 100% hate it, Admins rigged the polls to make it seem like the percentage of users hating is lower than it actually is.

• Maybe if they see this poll they'll do something to change it ☺️

• I doubt it, their not gonna care about one little G@Ger like me.

• When someone select MHO I don't want to get notified please
    closed question! there might be more helpful opinion after that
    private! Send a private messages instead

• It has gone worse

• I'm getting two notifications just for a reply to my reply... why? Why?

• The closed questions suck. Make it stop!

• I hate it
    making it all confusing and my notifications are always overcrowded with non sense

• Most of gag updates are utter shit.

• I don't understand it hahaha

• I dislike it.

• I HATE the closed questions. Just so inconvienent

• They keep making it more and more like Facebook 😒

• It's horrible. I fucking hate it

• I THINK IM LEAVING GAG
    TODAY.
    IM PISSED >:OO

• I'm indifferent but I just don't get why the dislike button is still missing... Closing the polls is a bad idea though a user should have the ability to close their polls if they want to.

• Ill probably leave because of it

• I hate it

• I really really dislike it.
    Plus where is the down vote GAG promised to bring back>

• Whoever keeps coming up with those stupid updates ideas should burn in hell.