Dear GaG-ers, what do you think about my ideas for future updates on G@G?

First of all, I would like to congratulate the G@G staff on the recent update :) it is everything I had hoped for and more. To celebrate this occasion I would like to suggest few of my own ideas for your considereation.

1. Limit on the number of opinions that can be posted. 5 opinions per week should be enough. People need to understand that freedom of speech is a privilege and shouldn't be taken for granted.

2. Removal of the tag feature. People should spend less time searching for the usernames of people they wanna tag and more time answering questions.

3. Limit the number of questions that can be asked to 1 per week. People should learn how to use Google.

4. Limit the number of words in opinions to 100. People waffle too much. "Yes I like it" and "No I dont like it", you dont need a whole paragraph.

5. Remove mods. Let people fight it out. This website is getting too chummy.

6. Quadruple the prices of giftcards. People need to work harder on answering questions.

7. Remove messages. People can talk somewhere else. This place if for giving opinions. Time is xper, xper is giftcards, and giftcards is money.

Thank you for reading.

@WhatTheHellAmy like my ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Freedom of speech is a basic human right. I have to assume that from the very first number, you're being sarcastic, or incredibly naive

2. More time answering the 5 questions they can answer.

3. Limiting people, again.

4. Now, if you're not being sarcastic, I have to assume you're a fascist of some kind.

5. Now you're sounding incredibly fascist

6. This has to be a joke by this point

7. Now I get the joke.

What Girls Said 17

• A lot of these are no more ridiculous than what's already been put in place :P

• Perfect, but I would add a couple more:

-No responding to comments, we don't want actual dialogue and discussion here.
    -Vetting your answers. All Answers to questions must be submitted at least three days prior to posting to ensure they meet the guidelines, then an admin will allow them to be posted.
    -No block feature, so the creepers can get on with seriously harassing you instead of having to create new accounts all the time.
    -Private chat rooms for the under 18's and creepers: away from the mods prying eyes, seriously, can a person not groom in peace around here?
    -More notifications. I want to know everything that everyone is doing at any given moment. Facepalm liked a comment? Tell me about it. AppleFan sneezes, I need to know!

• No NO more updates!

• this is wonderful. i love it.

• 0|1
  • Ok which ones are you joking about?

• Those are all legitimate suggestions :)

• ugh getting exp is going to be hell. ;( If they lower the number of questions and comments you can make. Then yeah leveling is going to be impossible almost. ;(

• But but.. how are we gonna dirty talk in private?
    I think they should make "faceplam" admin..

• That would certainly reduce the amount of spam on the site.

• It would be the best update ever 😂😂 I'd explain why I like it but I guess I'll start already the thing about the limit of 100 words

• I don't like this. It prevents me from stalking you :x

• *facepalm*
    lmao

• I freaking love you and everything you've ever said. ***kisses for days***

• Lmfao. Lovely.

• Lmao I love the sarcasm in this post. They should seriously do this 😂

• I appreciate you, Squidwhoo Facepalm.

• Sarcasm much?

• Actually, removing all mods is quite a clever move. I fully, non-sarcastically support that.

What Guys Said 19

• In regards to number 4:
    Just this sentence is one hundred characters long, so I would rather not have that update become true.
    Number 4 breaks my heart. I often have to keep a watch on my character limit to make sure it doesn't exceed a 1000 in comments or 2500 in opinions. I thrive in ranting about things that require yes or no answers.
    media.giphy.com/media/3UkLhoyi553r2/giphy.gif

I mean... the other suggestions are bad, but number 4 is devastating :(

• 1. No, no, and no.

2. No.

3. You overestimate the reliability of Google. You will kill this site by doing that.

4. Yes, sometimes, I DO need a whole paragraph. Or three. Because folks need education. If the schools won't give it to them, somebody has to!

5. Mods are needed. Otherwise, we are dealing with flame-baiters.

6. Elitism... I can smell it.

7. Nooooooooooooo! Where am I supposed to tell them, and only them, where else to find me in the first place? KABOOM! Logic!!!

• Sorry no but I can not agree with any of this.

Plus while I only talk in Private Messages with like 2-3 people I actually enjoy talking to those people quite a bit and this is one of the few places I can do that, otherwise I am busy giving legitimate advice to people. Plus some people come to me personally to help them with their questions in private were they want my advice and mine alone, I can't really help them if that feature is taken out.

All your stuff will only drive people away and deplete our user base to none existent levels, we had quite a few people leave just because of this update, do you really think people will stay if your stuff is implemented? not a snow balls chance in hell.

No one is going to take your stuff seriously my friend and if all of this is actually implemented this site will die within months if even that, that is for damn sure, it's far to restricting and will create far, far more problems.

• O also if you want to get rid of the tag feature @Facepalm then you're not allowed to use it yourself to get your point across to a mod.

• You really are fun at parties aren't you.

• I would like to add removal of admins, we really only need tech support every once and awhile, I think by fighting it out without any safety net we could really move this site towards the direction of 4chan.
    All excellent points I cannot wait to see weather they go with this and inherently flush GAG down the toilet.

• I think they should get the community's opinion before they start working on adding or changing features.

It would prevent a lot of frustration.

• All hail the G@G Nazi! I can imagine a titanic load of people leaving the site if this were implemented. But I'm down.

• You mean a titanic flood of people. Those are great ideas! Its what the people need.

• What's this called? Ethical Cleansing?

• I think this might be a good idea and would possibly reduce the amount of troll posts as people will think twice before posting anything.

• That sounds about right.

• There is a special place in hell reserved for a select few people...

• I knew everything you were gonna say would be a rhetorical sarcasm when I read "congratulate g@g on recent update *smiley face*"

• the only one i like is remove the mods

• Hahahhaha

• Oops, you violated #2! :-)

• The way this site is going it won't be long before everyone leaves

• No, terrible idea

• Are ya crazy dude? 5 opinions per week and 1 question per week... then GAG's gonna be dead for sure...

And as for 6 and 7... OK if we have cards for 80 bucks... but it'll take 2 years or so to reach it for sure by yer standards... and if people cannot message each other... how on earth can they have a discussion if they are limited to 5 opinions weekly?

I know GAG admins did some crazy stuff yesterday... but dat's way too far...

But to be honest I kinda agree wid yer rules since I have 6000+ points now... I need only about 900 to reach Amazon Card... and if it becomes 80 dollars... I'll take it and then leave y'all... and I'll let ya deal wid those crazy rules... kinda selfish but I don't give a fuck... haha...

So yeah... it benefits me if it happens...

• Number one and three are never gonna happen.

But they should let the users into potential changes and get feedback from them before they change the rules in the game.

• Is this serious or a troll.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more