How do you like the new "private" feature on the opinion?

I like it. I think that it's a great idea. Has anyone tried it? Is it like I assume? Only the Asker knows your identity? Or is it only shown to the asker and not others?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was what you assumed, i think it would be good - where the qa can see who you are, and for others you appear anon.

What actually happens is that only the qa can see the answer, period. Moderators can't see either, so if there's abusive crap, too bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Glad you like it! Yes, when someone posts a Private Opinion, only the Opinion Owner and the Question Asker will see it. Other members will see a number on the post letting them know how many private opinions from each gender have been shared on that thread :)

• Question.. can "you" see private opinions?

• So it's like a more intense way of going anonymous, got it. ^.^

• @Aizou Yes, I suppose that's one way to look at it. :)

What Guys Said 5

• I'm curious to see if I get more opinions, and more HONEST, less politically correct opinions, since only I as the asker will see them!

If not, they should remove this since it encourages trolling.

• The person who asks the question can see the response, but everyone else just sees a box that says there is a private comment

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• It's interesting. I may test it out. Only the Asker can see the identity of the person and the comment. Everyone else is just notified that there is a private comment on the question.

1 private opinion(s)