How would you feel if gag asked all of its users to vote on new updates before making changes?

• that would be great!
  • that wouldn't be a good thing.
interesting results. I guess 2 of the people who make changes voted too. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not so sure voting (as in a poll) would be a great thing, but GAG should explain proposed changes (one change per myTake or Question) and get user feedback on the proposed changes so they would have a better idea of what the users will like and make adjustments acordingly, and the users will have a better idea of what to expect. It would make it more like a community, which is what I thought this site was supposed to be. Of late, it's moving further and further away from being anything like a community.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, they could put it up for a day or two so we can get the feel of it, then vote on whether or not we like it.

What Guys Said 12

• Are we getting notified everytime one of the people we follow posts a question now? Jiminy Cricket, I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out and tell us we all got Punk'd. Apologies in advance to all those I follow for unfollowing you. It's not you, it's GAG💔

• that's the only update I like. though, it doesn't actually seem to be working for me.

• @Aizou Yeah, just saw the update rundown now. When all else fails, read the directions, haha.

• I actually thought about it. It's better to tell us if we like the change BEFORE they actually make them, it will avoid having so many updates, adding and taking stuff every 2-3 weeks.

• I guess I should somehow feel less alone now that I have 356 notifications pop up in the bell icon.. god damn it..

• Great idea 👌

• Good on the surface, but users tend to not like change when it first comes out.

• what's good? not any of the new updates.

• I agree private opinions and closed questions are questionable, although I can see the intent. But I sort of like the new notification system, that you can manage through your profile.

• If this were to happen, absolutely NO changes would ever be made, and the site would be EXACTLY the same as when I joined GaG in 2010.

• Yeah, instead of waking upin the morning, logging on and 'surprise', now we have private opinion options, closed questions and notifications for new questions... so much change!

• I can kind of see the value in the private opinion option. sometimes people want to leave an opinion but don't want others to see or comment on it

• Direct democracies are pretty cool in theory, but I've been use to just deleting anything sent from the admins without ever reading it. If I could block their PMs completely I'd do it.

• Strong question to reality ratio 😂

• No that would be really bad

• Way way better... it's more democratic...

• Of course... all too many of the changes now are just stupid

• the notifications is the only good one in my opinion

• I still can't turn off the effin' annoying "You've answered 20 questions"!

And the bell-thingy at the top is lame as hell; it's worse than it was.

• I don't have either of those. maybe it's different on mobile devices

What Girls Said 12

• I'll doubt Gag will listen lol they seem to always do the exact opposite of what we all would like to see

• They've done that in the past and still didn't listen to the popular vote. 😕

• I went with GREAT since it couldn't be any worse than what they do now.

• That would be great, this new update sucks, I don't want to see questions I can't comment on any more and I sure as hell don't care when someone gets MHO or a poll closes, it's just a ton of spam...

• yea, most of my feed is questions I can't leave an opinion on. I'm very seriously about to just deactivate my account

• Yeah I suppose you're using the Live Feed, right? So that it shows everything.
      I've never really had a problem with that because I just search by recent question.

But at least you should still be able to reply to opinions, though I may be wrong because I haven't tried.. ^.~

• @Aizou I'd rather leave my own opinion.

• I feel like I have a better chance of winning the lottery... that I didn't enter.

But yes it's an awesome idea.

• I don't want my questions to be closed. I like to welcome all kind of opinions.
    I think that @girlsaskguys made a big mistake there.

• They should ask us first because some of the changes I don't like them at all.

• that would be nice. this is supposed to be a community-driven site anyways

• GAG admins don't listen any way. Don't you remember the poll on bringing back the down vote? It's coming just like the follow a question thing was.

• I think that would be great.

• That is a really good idea. Power to the people!

• Estatic!
    DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT? 😕