Question is "closed"?

What the hell GaG... Im like so ready to leave and your update just came out.

Why are the questions from a month ago closed?

what have you done?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you still get replies to month old questions? That's impressive. ^.^
    But if people don't preemtively pick MHO it won't get closed. It also only closes by itself, if it is inactive for 24hours, so if people reply, it won't close.

What I don't know, is if updates you make, counts against inactivity.

• No i dont get replies, I wanted to post an opinion and it says that the question is closed..

its so bizarre to see this, especially on gag, im not so used to this.

• Ah yeah, I suppose I didn't see from that point of view.. but other than that, it's not so bad.

• So rubbish, considering we have people in different time zones it can easily be 12 hours before anyone sees your question if posted at the wrong time. These changes are AWFUL.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's part of the newest update. Questions that have MHO chosen already or have been inactive for 48 hours (no new opinions or replies) will be closed. No more new responses will be taken then. Their logic behind it is for us to focus on open questions and ensuring that all questions get responses. I do understand the frustration, though.

What Guys Said 7

• Questions from months ago, I could understand (not that I'd agree with it), but to close them out after only 48 hours of inactivity or when an MHO is selected is just absurd.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/features#202

• I'd love closed questions after a month

• @BelleGirl21 I think you can close them yourself, so that works fine - but forcing them closed? Why GaG?

• I hope they change this feature from closing questions. I like my questions opened and I liked to respond to some questions that were still open.

#StopClosingQuestions

• Most of the changes I am able to adapt to and tolerate... but this "automatic closing of questions" is going to have catastrophic backlash.

A simple fix would be to let us users choose when to close our questions, with inbox message reminders from GaG every 3-4 days or so (with options to remove these inbox reminders, of course).

• Funnier thing is that questions with no activity on them since TWO days ago add also insta-locked.

• they screwed this site up I'm out of here by the weekend

• I think they are gonna get closed if they are 48 hours old... but surprisingly enough two of 'em are still open... I'm confused man...

• Gag does need to fix this.

Also on a sidenote. let us choose to have closed questions not show up. Half the questions or more are closed on the feed now. It is quite the nuisance.

What Girls Said 4

• GAG, PLEASE STOP "CLOSING" QUESTIONS! I'M BEGGING YOU! I LOVED IT THAT MY QUESTIONS WERE ABLE TO BE ANSWERED INDEFINITELY!

• Same here, I had a question about tv shows people were currently watching open since last week. It was still receiving activity, until today when the plug was pulled by gag.

• I like how gag said in the polls (when they asked us, in a question) "Content-make it more useful" adding a Question closer really does help with that..

#sarcasm 😒

• I feel ya. It's absolutely ridiculous.

• There is a loop hole did you get my comment I piggybacked on your comment?