If gag is going to close questions then why do they still need to show up in my news feed?

Most Helpful Guy

• The automatic "closing" of questions will be a fucking disaster. Once the user gets opinions confirming their views, they give MHO and the question is closed.

The site will slow to a crawl and the website will self-destruct itself if this doesn't get changed soon.

• Precisely. A grwat way for trolls to rack up points. Maybe I should go on a trolling spree myself

Most Helpful Girl

• I never cared if I got MHO or not and would help out even if MHO was chosen just to add advice and perspective. Now, you can't add any opinion after MPH is chosen, or after 48 hours of inactivity on a question. Since we don't all live on this site, by the time I see a question it is closed.

The only reason I stuck around this long was to help others. Now, I won't be able to do that consistently.

Now let's address the private opinion. What if someone else has a similar problem and wants to read the answers? If some are hidden, I guess that person will have to ask the same question, which will get less views as people hate to repeat themselves in opinions. Anonymous was more than enough, or private message if you're that worried about your opinion.

I am thinking this could be the end of GaG and me. Not much point now.

What Guys Said 15

• It sucks because if it's a question you want to respond to then it's closed. If the person selects mho to fast then it gets closed quick. I think they wanted the intention to be good. But it puts everything with a time limit now.

• Exactly 😔

• Sorry to reply in your thread since it is closed now.
      I also think it is absolutely stupid.
      I just want GAG to make an mobile app soon. This is the only useful thing to do now.

• @WilliamWinslow no apologies! I think that's a good idea too.

• I was thinking the exact same thing. In what world does broadcasting questions that can't be answered make sense? Sometimes I feel I could run this site better.

• I think it's awkward because there were some questions where the two MHO was selected, and that's when I first saw it on the feed and so I gave an answer either way.

I am not sure if you can do that now.

• I agree. If they want to close questions and focus the site on getting helpful answers instead of open ended discussions, that's fine, I just don't want to have my time wasted by clicking on a topic and reading it only to find out I can't comment on it.

• Exactly! They need to be filtered out of the feed because there's nothing you can do with them. Then imagine a closed question which only allowed private answers. You get to see a page full of absolutely nothing. #GetGAGBack

• It's dumb. Advertising something you can't do? And I thought they were gonna bring back the dislike button? That's what I want.

• Yup a clear pain in the ass, only in this case its slightly less lamer than the elections. They still both suck however.

• I'm not seeing much point in sticking around gag if they keep doing stuff like this.

• Yeah its really annoying :D
    http://i.imgur.com/p3gPh8T.gif

• I completely agree. My home screen is full of questions I'm not allowed to answer

• See I told y'all. They broke. That's why they are doing that. Or do y'all want the rewards to go up?

• High five?

I agree this shit is annoying

• Good question

• It's annoying af, I'm probably gonna leave soon if it's not fixed.

• I've unticked the boxes for which I don't need notifications... I hope I'm now only going to receive the same notifications as before :D

• Yes I did that as well but I'm talking about closed questions showing up in the news feed.

• Oh yeah now I see the issue: you think "interesting question" but it's no longer possible to give an opinion :o
      That's probably one more bug to solve :-(

• Personally I don't understand why one of ma questions... it's still active...2 days have passed... I have picked MHO... although only a guy answered...

And now I can't ask new ones...

What Girls Said 4

• It's really annoying when I think I see an interesting question so I click on it and it's closed. Yes it is almost as lame as the 2016 elections. Almost.

• Yeah, I am not sure how I feel about this change yet. I think their intentions were good, but it needs some work. First of all, it needs to be more than 48 hours and we should not have to wait to grant a second MHO. Ridiculous.

• Yea WTF GAG?

• Someone else gets it to. If I can't comment make it go away.