What's the point in having a featured question if it's closed, even if the MHO has been selected 😵?

Most Helpful Guy

• I really don't feel closing questions entirely was the smartest move. Perhaps if the question had no MHOs and went unanswered for months, they could close it and prevent threadcromancy that way. That would make more sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Man I hate these questions being closed and these private opinions
    U wanna give a private opinion inbox them
    If the question is closed u can't give an opinion what's the point of seeing it... uuhhhhh so angry (slaming door. Walking out of room )

What Guys Said 13

• agree. about the first 15 questions i went on this morning were closed to answers. what's up with that

and on another note i really don't need notifications when other people's opinions are chosen as MHO. glad for them getting it, no skin off my back, but i don't need a notification about it

• Absolutely none. While the asker's mistake was selecting a MHO too soon after asking, which I find silly on its own merit, stuff like this is what's going to be the doom of this new "closed question" nonsense.

• They should make featured questions unclosable (because you're paying with your points for it). Added feature, when you feature a question, it gets open even if it was previously closed - easy solution.

Will they do it? No, cause its useful.

• Im not sure if its a good idea yet but the purpose is to create new content by reducing unnecessary new feed traffic through limiting questions that have served their purpose or have been inactive for some time.

Creating a time limit and closing a question after in activity promotes us to keep a thread running if we really like it. Then once that questions has a MHO selected, the purpose has been fufilled and now its 'better' to have a new question open (new content) rather than having a 'purposeless' question taking up space in the live feed

• Yeah, but isn't the point of having a featured question that is gets more publicly thus more options. So isn't it a little ironic that even if a question is featured it's closed as soon as the MHO chosen?

• Selecting MHO is only selecting the best opinion AT THAT TIME. There could be a much better opinion that another GAGer has that can't be used.

An example was, some long while ago, someone asked a question about a place in the UK. MHO had been awarded, for the best answer so far posted. I had first hand knowledge of that place and was able to give a lot more detail. That will not be possible under this new regime.

• Haha it's like they're happy making people angry after every patch :D

• Haha ikr? It's like, hey you were right we're bringing back the downvote feature BUT wait for all the new shit we're going to do now... Lets see how pissed people will be this time/how many more users we're losing now. 😒

• The "closing" of the questions should be user-choice only, none of this fucking automatic shit.

• O it's just the wonderful wisdom of GaG giving us useless stuff we don't need and taking away the stuff we liked.

Give it some time they'll change it back.

• Ya... not sure what they are trying to do... if it is closed then nix it!

• yup. and that's for using my question.

• We'll reopen all the featured questions. ;)

• It seems like the mho was selected after the one I posted was featured though?

• They should get rid of this whole silly concept

• I'm pretty sure EVERYONE hates the new update lol

• Close questions = dumbest update I have ever seen on any website.

What Girls Said 11

• Haha! Omg! 😂

Epic fail in the making..

• Haha, I know

• Omg! I'm not even getting your notifications lovely 😭 I had to keep visiting your question, just in casey 😭 Gag has gone hay wire

• LMFAO IKR? They really didn't think this one through.

• Hey @RedRobin! If you request to feature a question that is already closed, the question will be re-opened and will stay open during those 24 hs in which the question is featured.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#201

• I don't know what they were thinking! What a total waste of points.

• LOL! so much drama!
    i almost feel like the staff here occasionally want us to attack them :P

• This is just too funny lol

• yea whoever is doing all these b. s. changes to this site is slowly making me loath logging on now. this is fucktarded as fuck! What's next? Who visited ur page?(guilty lurker here lol)

• This is now fixed. You should not be seeing any closed questions being featured from now on :)

• That closing the question thing was a really bad move. It's like dangling a carrot and leaving people out. If I were new here it would discourage me enough to just leave.

• It's fucking dumb. :/

• Gag is out of biz soon