How are mods supposed to moderate opinions they can't see?

Or do mods have the ablity to see private opinions?

And why isn't there an option to NOT allow private responses? Many of us will not want to be private messaged by anon users.

@girlsaskguys

Most Helpful Guy

• It is stupid. Trolls will now be abusing the system and send private responses that can't be moderated. How did they not think of this?

• Yes, they can pretty much get around 'no anonymous answers' this way. I will identify any troll private opinions with their user name in an update to my questions.. but I wouldn't be surprised if the mods are told to remove that to ''protect' the privacy of trolls!

• Somehow you didn't appear in my notification feed. Is it broken or something because this is the second time today I come across something that should have given me a notification.

• @martyfellow Not really the question asker will know who they are & can simply block them.

Most Helpful Girl

• We can't see them either so we can't monitor them… at least a standard moderator can't

• Then the nasty people will just use these private opinions to go free reign? This is stupid! Seriously stupid!

• None of us can see them, only the admins, and the question asker.
      I'm not a fan.

• Talking about bit getting notifications I didn't get yours either

What Guys Said 5

• Exactly. This lets anonys get around the 'no anonymous answers' option, since only the asker will see their user name or opinion. so they will feel free to troll our questions, which they can't do now.

• Exactly my thoughts. I mean I can see their intentions and thoughts behind it
    but the bad things outshine it..

• Of all the website updates I've seen rolled out (and I mean all that I use, not just GAG), this round of updates ranks in the top 10 list of worst updates. #GetGAGBack

• We can't see private opinions so there is that. These new changes haven't been well thought through.

• Whoever is paying the site designers is either paying them too little or too much.

What Girls Said 3

• Apparently we're supposed to trust the OP to report them.

Which is kinda dumb to be honest.

• LOL! I'm really enjoying this.

• GAG never thought this one through did they.

• They don't think any of them through, they never have. The history of this site has always been to tinker arbitrarily with no regard to usability or good design sense.

• @Dandeus I was here 2-3 years back it was better then.