Do private opinions defeat the purpose of this site?

For me, the purpose is to discuss topics and opinions... How is that to work if only the asker sees opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• I just think it's creepy because lots of stupid young teen girls post pics of themselves and ask "am I fat? Am I ugly?" And I'm sure lots of these pervy men will be taking advantage and commenting creepy things to them.
    Especially since most of these girls are anon, so it's not like the pedos would be able to message them privately.

I think GaG is really going downhill. From all the time I was here, I have to say this is one of the worst "updates" ever. I do not consider it an update of any kind. I get it was well intentioned, but not as helpful as they thought.

• This showed up in my notifications for some reason even though I hadn't commented on anything...

If it's a new feature I don't know what it is yet. Commenting anon is fine and doesn't defeat the purpose but private opinions do.

I'm really hating the new notifications feature

• Yes I hate it.

• I agree with you. I don't like it and I think it's useless. If people want to talk in private just PM each other. I wanna be able to see other people's opinions, that's why I'm here.

• It's ridiculous. I've already seen sexual questions asked by girls with many private opinions from guys on them. God knows what's going on there.

• It's a really dumb things to do on there part. If you want to keep your opinions private then message that particular member. Or even better... go on a different site! the whole purpose of this site is so others can put there two cents in. HMPH. so disappointing.

• You nailed it.

• Private opinions make sense to me
    If they want to share ideas they should message each other.

What Guys Said 6

• It's stupid because if you allow anons (or you are anon) then they can send you harassment that CANNOT be moderated.

• Dude I thought that was the worst nut now I see they close questions after mh is given... Wow that sucks

• I wondered the same thing. So I posted this and only selected to allow private opinions to point out to GAG how absurd it can become.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1919826-how-useful-do-you-find-the-private-option-to-be

See anything of value there? I didn't think so. FWIW, the thread consisted only of people commenting on how dissatisfied they were with the option. And as soon as I received enough replies, I selected MHOs to force the question to be closed under that new, silly rule. Then because it was still a recent question and MHOs had just been selected it still appeared in feeds, which was ridiculous because being a closed question which only allowed private replies, it was of zero value to anyone finding it in a feed. Demonstrating that to GAG was the objective.

• The administrators have always thought the purpose of the site was to get your questions answered. (and then on to the next question that 'needs answering'_

Which is not, i think, what most of the users believe.

• Yes.

• Yep, it's bullshit.

• It kind of does. I mean we're here to learn from other people.