Have The "Powers That Be" (Admin) Completely Lost The Plot?

Am beginning to think that they have completely lost it here with this unbelievable minefield of a forum.. Talk about trying to make things easier!

Whilst I appreciate that they might just be attempting to make it more interesting, they have in fact made it totally incomprehensible.. Unless it's just me being thick!

What would have been a good idea, was for them (Admin) to have consulted everyone here in the form a poll, or indeed perhaps several polls, putting these proposals of change forward before implementing them.

Another suggestion I have, would have been to invited members (perhaps those with longer service) to put themselves forward as a select panel, to have discussed this with Admin on behalf of all other members beforehand.

As it stands at the moment it would blatantly appear that it is very much a case of.. The Blind Leading The Blind.

Perhaps a more democratic approach wouldn't go amiss the next time.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this.. And please, don't shoot me down in flames, will you.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Not Shooting the Messenger, for Sure, @SolitaireBond, I Agree with YOU 100 Percent.. This all makes Super Sense!!
    Maybe with Us All Waking Up and Noticing the Changes, GAG Will Too.
    "Democratic approach," Just ANY 'Approach, But Please... More Diplomatic in Perhaps Informing US first hand so we Can Understand or Even... Get an Even Steven Vote First From our Own... The People.
    Great Question!! xx

• Thank you, @SolitaireBond for the Still Available "LIKE" Button. xxoo

• Oh, so welcome, @SolitaireBond and Happy for One of the Most Notifications of my day today, sweet girl:)) xxoo

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Guys Said 14

• I agree 100%

They should consult us with soecific proposed changes before going foward with developing and implementing them.

It would save them a lot of time and frustration.

• I think they focus way too much on making the site customizable. Like it sounds good in theory, but I think most of us just don't take this site that seriously to even care enough to go and customize everything. Like I went and customized my notifications just because I was annoyed at all the pointless ones. Like they just don't need to get that deep with it. Less is more.

It used to be better a few years ago when it was basic. Everything on this site, I just want to take at face value and not be drawn down into the rabbit hole of settings and options. I want to log on, see if I have replies or messages, and have a few general categories, with a live feed of questions. All the age filtering and Guys/girls-only question setups, closing questions after MHO etc, that's all extra shit we don't really need, not me anyway.

But the site is a business that makes money off of ad revenues, and I'm sure that, in addition to attempting to give the users a better experience, a lot of this is going to be done with the goal of maximizing website "hits" and encouraging as much activity from the users as possible, to bring those numbers back to potential advertisers. If we get notified that someone else got awarded MHO and you click on it, there's another "hit."💰💰💰

Always follow the money, it will usually lead you to the answer.

• Yes, Indon't remember ANY requests for our reactions, particularly on 'private' opinions, and the assertion that 'we' want down voting back seems based on complaints from a handful of people who don't have a record of positive contributions to the site.

Those of s who are happy with dropping downvotingdidn't write questions about it, naturally

• In all the questions I've seen on the changes, SOLID CONSENSUS is that the CHANGES ARE BAD and NOBODY FUCKING LIKES IT! The customer is always right. If they wanna do something good they can undo the changes, they can also bring back the downvotes!!!

• If these changes stay I can see this being the downfall of gag. I've already had enough and it's only been half a day

• They hired a bunch of new people who have clearly no clue wtf they're doing.

• yup. the recent update is the shit. i´ve only been here since 2012 but the recent update really fucked up the site big time.

• I hope no one will shoot you down, your opinion is very true with constructive suggestions :D
    No matter if the admin team follows them or not, constructive feedback is super important!

• You're right. This should be a democracy. Not a dictatorship.

• They're intentions are good but they just don't know what they are doing lol.

• You have a very good idea. Thanks for posting this I hope the admins read it.
    It's the questions closing so fast and the too many new notification settings that I don't like.

• I agree!
    This site was perfect before they took the downvote out!

• The site did have many problems (trolls, overuse and abuse of anonymous postings), but these changes were certainly NOT the way to fix them. It just made things worse. #GetGAGBack

• The latest changes are laughable and maybe ten % of all their changes in the last 7 years have been good or even decent. I won't be here much longer. I do appreciate them doing it I guess because now I will not be screwing around as much.

• Why don't ya ask admins... wot lead 'em to bring private answers and closin' questions so early instead? I don't remember anyone complainin' about questions goin' often unanswered...

What Girls Said 4

• Oh... lawd! I was shocked when I saw all the notifications - which were completely unreasonable and unnecessary to say the least.

• Yup they ruin it!

• These changes are gruesome and unnatural. Please restore Gag to its original beautiful, fun, simple, therewasnothingwrongwithitbefore state, please, please, please. It's being ruined this way. Love, Peachblossomluck♡

• That about sums it up eh!