Seriously Gag? Now we are receiving notifications for MH selected opinions?

During the last hour or so I received about 12 notifications for MH opinions. This is just another detail that shows how Gag admins and mods are unable to run this forum and make it worse with every update.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can select which notifications you want to receive by going to your settings page, scrolling down to where it says "notifications" and then unchecking from the list the notifications you do not want to receive. Then click "save" :)

• The point is that receiving notifications about MHO has absolutely NO USE! There is absolutely no reason for that.

• Thanks! Didn't know that I could change the notifications I get. 😄

• This is one of those people I was referring to in my opinion on that take about the latest update.

Most Helpful Guy

• Instead of adding that feature, they could have given us better and more affordable rewards that costs like 50 XP points or 100 XP points. We only get 4 options and the one with the lowest cost is 750 XP points all just to feature a question for 24 hours or something.

I'm starting to think about leaving here after I reach Level 7. Maybe I'd log in occasionally and check and see if they plan to make some more interesting and useful changes that gives us users enough incentive to keep coming back frequently.

Maybe they should allow us to form group discussions that we could join and have conversations on such as topics we are knowledgeable about and things we agree on or is like-minded about. Such as group live-chat or something.

What Girls Said 4

• I agree that this update involved nothing but completely shit changes.
    (on a sidenote, mods have nothing to do with them. All mods do is report/hide posts, zero involvement with site changes.)

• And all mods report and hide opinions according to their own bias and prejudices or simply because they do not agree with the opinion. And don't say now that this is not true. It is and we both know it. So many times I had to repost questions of other users with roles reversed to make the stupid mods open their eyes and take the question down (and mine too of course).

• They don't hide or report according to the rules. I repeat, we both know it. 2 days ago we saw a girl posting a question about Gags double standards and I too was personally attacked and threatened even with beheading and the the mods did nothing in many of those cases. You're all full of bias. If you don't like someone in here, you let him being attacked and threatened and no matter how much we report posts, you won't do anything. I have also kept screenshots to prove your hypocrisy and double standards.

• lol ok then.👌

• Completely agree with you.

I'm sure you can disable certain features but each update they've done is completely pointless and just makes me dislike the website.

• change your settings dude :)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 7

• You can customize it all in your settings, I've found. I was pissed at first too, haha. FYI: only the handful of admins make these changes, all of us mods are just regular users like you who just pitch in to take down stuff that violates the TOS. Believe me, we are not consulted at all about any of this, it came as a surprise to all of us as well.

• This site has done seriously down hill in the past 24 hours

• I fucking got 31 notifications overnight, and I was like yay, but then they were ALL JUST GOD DAMN MHO NOTIFICATIONS.

• It's definitely annoying. What point does that serve really? Notification overload.

• Mods have no influence on running GaG. All they can do is hide offensive shit. THat's it.

You can and do need to turn all the new notifications off, i can't imagine anyone living with them on.

• Yeah like @xHoneyxBeex stated. GAG should have really sent out a message to everyone about the change though.

• Hey, I had nothing to do with this. Only the admins are responsible in such decision-making.