Will any of you be leaving gag because of the new updates?

As for me I most likely will be leaving. I just cashed in a gift card and I don't see much sense in staying as they basically killed the sense of community which is why I was here.

• I'll be leaving for sure
  • I don't mind the changes so I'll stay
  • Other... please explain.
Thanks for all of your opinions! You all are so sweet and make me want to stay. I think I'll give gag a short time to repent and mend their ways lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Where you going to go though? Do you dare to branch alone, without Gag's comforting bosom in case things go wrong? You'll be making a foray into the unknown, which is scary and dangerous. I suggest you stay put with steady, predictable... safety. ;)

• The safety of levin... hhhmmm seems like an alluring trap 😉

• "I suggest you stay put with steady, predictable... safety.".. Where have you been these last few days if you think G@G has been steady or predictable? Wow!

• @Red_Arrow haha excellent point darling! 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• Woman, don't leave us! 😱😭 Just complain until they fix the closing of questions.

What Guys Said 61

• I won't be leaving, but my activity here is sure to reduce drastically. The new updates make me sick.

• I just can't stand the closing of questions thing.. I only use the Live Feed and half the questions I click on now are closed. I don't really see the point of that feature.

• Meh, I'm not a huge fan of the update. I mean, I'm not really against closed questions persay, but the timeframe of 48 hours is way too short. I would say like a month would be good. That way it also clears out some of the no opinion questions stacked up that will never be answered unless they're re-asked.
    The private questions thing seems kind of pointless when put along side anon and private opinion. I can think of ways the private questions can be abused, and it seems unecessary to have a private opinion when one can simply go anon if they feel pressure.

If I were you, I wouldn't leave yet though, because chances are they are going to change it based on the amount of rage generated lol.

• Bellgirl I'm DooMguy. I'll leave on my own terms or I'll leave if get kicked out. DooMguy don't care about no update. Hurt me plenty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBLu6LeUW_4

• Hahaha oh my gosh I love you! I don't swear though!

• And I love you also fair dame *blows kiss* but alas our love is forbidden so I must bid you ad due That was kinda cheesy but I can go further then that. DooMguy knows no barrier
      no clip: on

Also you don't have to swear you can just say words aggressively. Like fraker , snaggle. . . I don't really know. Actually you can just do some heavy breathing as you chop meat with a cleaver. The sound of the chopping will get the message across

• The automatic closing of questions is so strange to me.

I can understand the asker choosing to close a question, but having that automatically be done after MHO is given for that gender goes against everything I stand for when it comes to tech.

Technology tweaks and settings should be completely manual, with the USER choosing to implement them or not. I absolutely DESPISE automatic anything when it comes to technology. :-/

• Yes. That is the worst thing for me

• Yup, the "automatic" thing is what all the outrage is about.

• I often get great responses when I choose MHO, because it goes back to the feed...
      Now I will just post an opinion comment on some other opinion if it's already closed... I'll just highjack some other opinion and put mine there..

Maybe they should just have a flag to say that that opinion was posted after MHO was chosen, but NOT close the question from opinions... that defeats the whole purpose of this site...

• I said I would leave many times, I will probably whine about the updates until I get my way

• I don't like some of the change, espy the 'private' opinions, but I'llmsee. how the site responds to our feedback

• I am not at all happy with several things on GaG, the newest update simply one example.
    With that said, this is still the best general question and answer forum I have stumbled upon, and especially when I offer an opinion which people like, or the asker thanks for, I feel like I contributed something, even if that something is very minor.
    If I was going to leave, it would be because of problems I am having with a very small segment of the user base.

• That's true. Maybe I'll just check in once a week or so.
      Sorry to hear you've had problems with some of the users.

• I did bring it on myself.
      I came her with intentions to leave politics, religion, and social issues at the gate, and just ask and answer silly questions.
      well, i read something i didn't like, and jumped into something i didn't intend to discuss here. so it is my fault i suppose.

• Not yet. They are pushing that direction, for sure, but so far I am not pushed that far. Besides, if I left, you would haunt me somehow.

It is like the ownership of GAG changes weekly, and each one tries to change things to be the way he wants. That is killing this site. Will they wake up in time?

• 1. The one thing that has taken me aback is your leaving, why?
    2. GAG has consistently been on the change always. GAG is like Venus always shifting and changing and we are well used to it by now
    3. But if you leave beauty in the Venus part will be gone :(
    4. Changes are a part of life whether on GAG or elsewhere. Change is the only constant. Some places more frequent and some not. If we start quitting because of change then we are the ones to lose :)

• I haven't entirely decided yet my darling Raj. I'm going to give it a bit of time but it isn't a consideration. And I wouldn't be quitting so much as reprioritizing things. 💚

• I'm staying. Yeah, the update wasn't good, but I have hope they'll change it back.
    If they don't, I'll see how things go for the following weeks and then decide.

• what did they do? they just got rid of downvoting right? no i dont think ill be leaving ill just check in when i have time and what not. been on this site for years there used to be a chat room and instant message function that was when the site was real cool.

• Which gift card you cashing in for? The Amazon one? Or the TGIF's restaurant one? Was it really worth it after all this time you had invested on this website just for a gift card? Wish the number of points to attain them is significantly less or that we'd be offered or given more "inexpensive" rewards to redeem instead of everything had to be at least 750 XP points or more.

I might not linger around any longer after Level 7, unless the next batch of updates and changes are worth my interest or something.

• Amazon for sure! Lol

• And that is only like 20 bucks. They should have offered at least $50 to give more purchasing options.

I'm thinking similar but I might just go for the TGIF restaurant one instead since I had not been around here that long.

• OMG, don't you dear leave me, I swear to god if you leave I'm gonna get rid of my Orbison collection and become Justin Beibers number one fan and start posting his music on every single one of my opinions. My activty may decreas over the update, but I'll never be a meanie and leave my fellow G@Gers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kphsl1HySfk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2BXsfQPAQ

• That is pretty drastic! I might have to stay just to save gag from that!

• You might just haft too stay or risk being hunted down by a angry G@G mob for not saving them from crazy llorando.

• It's pushing me in that direction. But I think the massive backlash will convince GAG to roll back a lot of the recent changes. #GetGAGBack

• No, I won't be leaving anytime soon. GAG is my time-waster when I'm bored shitless at work. Haha.

And the new changes don't bother me that much. I changed the settings after the update so now I'm good ;)

• I'm personally staying. Do I like the updates? No. Then again I was never a big fan of many of them.

To get to our paradise, we'll have to brave some storms while sailing.

• Geez, these closing questions things is just bloating my notification box. Hope they remove this! #Dontfixwhataintbroke

• This site is way different from when I joined. I don't find it gives me any pleasure being here. I'm just waiting to see if it improves. If not, I'm off.

• No, I always assume they're good for some and bad for some.
    But I've turned many of the notifications off... and there seem to be some bugs like not being able to post images :D
    I guess questions expiring is not a bad idea, if questions only trigger activity for a number of days it may improve the performance of the site.
    And they don't get me off here, there are far too many people I like! You included :D :D

• I don't like the unnecessary updates... the weird ass notifications now, the closing of questions, etc.
    If @BelleGirl21 is gone... whats the point of GAG?

• You'll be back. They always come back.

rs294.pbsrc.com/.../...o1_500_zps365de3e8.gif~c200

But ya these changes are dumb. I'll come and go like I usually do.

• I'll be staying. I think they'll probably change things back given the uproar.

• You better not leave! 😭

• No I'll be staying I don't see any point in leaving plus I have people here that I like and enjoy talking to, plus as usual after they see us bitch and complain for an X amount of time they'll switch it back they always do.

• If they keep the changes I'm leaving

• Ditto but I bet they will.

• They'll probably release another update 'fixing' the issues with this one that the majority of the site's active users seem to have, in addition to throwing in some more changes that are complete shit and will be 'revamped' in a future update. 😑

• @kaylaS91 it seems like the longer running members all hate the update. You would have thought they would listen to users but they dont

• @BelleGirl21

Please stay!

• I wouldn't want you to leave, but I can't blame you. The site has really turned to shit. My activity drastically reduced since the last changes and now I'm just annoyed by entering the site.

• I noticed that I can't give my opinion to already MHO given posts which I'm asking why? Idc if someone already gave those MHO's I'm still gonna give my opinion. They are just MHO's its not a reason the close the question... also what's up with the notifications? I have no when someone's replying back to me cuz of the over floating notifications that come in every minute. I will still use GaG just a lot less.

• The fuck did I get a notification for this? Anyways bellegirl you're a sweetheart. I dont use this site anymore - im also not sure why i signed in.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 36

• I'm not sure, it's tempting especially since they just deleted one of my private messages from a good friend of mine that I was saving and now it's gone and I won't get it back. There's just too many changes and I don't like it. It's kind of like all things in life. the things that need fixing, don't get fixed and the things that are good as is, get fixed. It's annoying.

• I'm super annoyed. Like I get on and it's insta-rage. Just to give you an idea on Wednesday I answered 68 opinions. Yesterday I posted 39.

I'd way rather spend my time in a place that doesn't make me furious just by there, so I don't know how long I'll last here.

• I am so sorry to See yet Another popular Gagger Leave Gag Town, and if Gag Keeps going this Rate... There will Not be Anyone left to Even press a "Like" button, @BelleGirl21.
    Many Gaggers are Leaving, Have Left and Now, Talking of Leaving , and with People Being Bullied, or some other Reason of their own season, They are deactivating as Fast as the Day When... GAG was Everything to Make their own Way.
    No, I am just Much Busier Now with the Changes but I still Feel that I Need to Be here, Dear, for Others who Still might Need a Wise ol Owl.
    Good luck and blessings.. I shall Miss seeing You around GAG Town. xx

• Thanks Paris. I haven't decidedfor sure yet. I'm holding out hope that a few of these changes will be revoked! 💚

• Oh, so welcome, @BelleGirl21 but That is Exactly What @Tori_Ritorna said before she Deactivated Suddenly... Yesterday.
      May I suggest just a Break if anything. xxoo

• I've been more and more scarce on G@G for other reasons, but they aren't really making wanting to pop in more appealing.

• I definitely won't be on as much anymore. Might leave. Why are questions timing out now or whatever? That's weird. Gag was fine. We asked for the dislike button back and we got a bunch of useless notifications, less questions, and no dislike button. Wtf?

• I know right? Its like they're harassing us for fun lol

• I saw a question from the admin team yesterday about the dislike button... this opened a poll on how to name the new version and to avoid shocking people it would be called "disagree" if they follow the majority of the poll answerers :D

• I won't be leaving but I really don't like this 'open question' BS. I don't know how to make it not open.

• I won't be leaving, I'll probably just take another break from GaGging. I swear, every time I do that, there's new whacky updates! Just bring back the "follow questions/takes" feature and dislike, and get rid of the "closed questions" crap. The whole point of this site IS TO GET OPINIONS. WHY WOULD THEY TAKE THAT AWAY? Lol

And don't leave us Belle! I take that back! Pretty people have more to offer us than looks! Lol

• Hahaha I love you! And ftr you are pretty... I've seen you!

• @MrDetermined if the asker chooses to close a question that's different

• And look! I don't receive notifications when I get comments on my opinions! :/

Fucking GaG! Lol
      :(
      But I'll get notified when people choose MHO, that wasn't mine :/

Lol oh GaG.

• Personally I don't think I'll be too far behind you @BelleGirl21 .. And somehow I cannot see us being alone either.

• You're one of the best users! Definitely would be missed.

• @BelleGirl21 & @TheLuckyOne1 .. I thank you for your kindest in what you've said, but please do remember that flattery will get you nowhere! lol

Out of interest I have just this very moment posted yet another "question" which could very well be my last correspondence here.

• No, @SolitaireBond, stay... You will Miss GAG, I know you will. xx

• I am not a fan of all of the new updates. Some of them, sure! But the notification thing is driving me crazy. You actually have to click the little checkmark for them to go away.

Definitely too much of a time waster for me. I don't like to have to keep clearing stuff. I have a busy enough life as it is :P And also, it gives me less time to answer questions!

I think it's good though that they are trying to update the site. Change is good, and it's nice to see that they are at least trying to make things different so that it engages people more.

• They fixed the notifications thingy some what. So I can live with this change. I'm actually liking the notifications for questions made by your followers. Before gag made it impossible to know when they asked anything. Which I felt like a lot had stopped talking.

Now ever since the update I've seen people I thought was inactive for a long time. Apparently I just didn't see any of their questions.

• I do like that.

• Though the closing off questions so you can ask more is a bit annoying. Since if I know that a lot of people are still replying to. I don't want to close it off yet.

• No, I'm not going to leave. I've invested too much time on this site to leave over an update. Even this update.

• just came back from a 1.5 month break
    after seeing these updates, i think i'll just whine about them and go back to taking a break again
    no plans of leaving though
    my activity level has decreased a lot since the fall anyhow

• Don't leave.. they might change it back.. 😕

• Awwh please don't leave! I'm going to miss you.
    However I do agree with you, I don't like the new updates they did. I logged on after a week and everything has changed.

• I have just came back again so i will be leaving GAG tonight. I hate the changes.

• Not a fan of the new updates at all. I am away on vacation on the west coast right now and logged on after being off for four days and it's all new BS. I won't leave GaG but I may not be on it as much as I don't like the new updates. I don't like that questions are closed after a few hours and I don't like signing in and finding out I have 43 notifications.

• I don't really get the private opinions or poll closing thing. People should be able to decide when to close the poll but I still don't see why that would be necessary. Yet they refuse to bring back the simple downvote button.
    I wouldn't leave though I probably just just the site less.

• I don't like some of the updates, but I'll stay on Gag :)

• yeah I wanna leave, this is so frustrating. I don't like their new update. it's so dumb and irrelevant...

why GAG? ... why.

😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

• noooo I like you!
    don t you dare :(

• Yes this may be the straw that broke the camels back.

• I always level and come back but that's only for a couple of days. I might leave gag soon sometimes is pointless and I don't like this update, I have 56 notification that I don't really care about.

• I might too. Considering I'm following like 300 people, it's too many notifications 😂

• I adjusted the notifications but my biggest issue is the closed questions

• I haven't been on here as much but I don't like the new changes. I'll probably keep an account and just show up every few days. I feel bad for leaving but oh well.

• I'm giving it a week. if they get rid of the worst updates, I'll stick around. if not, I'm gone.

I do like that I was notified about this question because I'm following you. that one was a great new update.

• No. It's not that serious to me. I just do this for shits & giggles.

• I won't be leaving but I will be on here a lot less. I'm tired of g@g and these pointless updates

• It's not that bad I guess

• Nooooo I'll miss you!
    But I get what you mean

• i've adapted to a lot. kinda confused atm.

• More from Girls
    6