26 notifications GAG, really?

26 notifications and all of them about questions people asked and I didn't even reply to. I guess the only solution is to unfollow people now... -__-

Stupid update GAG

Sooo stupid

Anyways I won't be here for much time during these next months so... whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can select which notifications you want to receive by going to your settings page, scrolling down to where it says "notifications" and then unchecking from the list the notifications you do not want to receive. Then click "save."

What Guys Said 28

• I hear ya. It's as though they left the keys in the ignition, and suddenly we find a goat is driving the bus!

• You can go into your settings and turn off the notifications for when someone you follow posts a question or myTake. It would have been nice to have some advance warning on this. The folks doing the revisions to the web site apparently aren't considering how changes will be received by the end users.

• I second her opinion and double down on it. Where do you get the ideas you implement? I can't recall getting a single survey that would let you know what your users want. For all these useless changes, I see no basis. It's like you see us as your lab rats that you get to experiment with and we're a captive audience if we like the basic premise of the site.

• Ha ha ha ha that's cute lol

I got taken aback with this change too but guess we get used to whatever changes with time :) that's how we are.

Customization is available in the settings though :)

• Yeah I also had over 20, you need to go to your settings and "untick" the options you don't want to receive notifications for :D
    Otherwise the notifications are you nr 1 stalker hahaha!

• Go in the settings and uncheck the boxes for notifications u don't want... that's what I did.

• This completely takes care of the Asker's concerns.

• I complained because I didn't know it was available in the settings

anyways it is annoying...

• Oh trust me Asker, I'm not a fan of the recent changes either. The only one I like is the private opinions.

• This update will kill at least 9 small children

• Even if you can turn it off it was annoying to go and check each of the boxes you'd like to get notifications and then have to click on all the notifications to undo them (30 in my case).

Point is most of the changes are useless and two of them are overly negative to the site.

• You can turn it off I guess :P

• Well, you can customize what you do and don't want to see in the settings, so you probably should.

• I have an even worse one the notifications settings I set don't work and now I don't get any notifications at all.

• Hey swan. Just turn off the notification settings in your settings menu.

• You don't need to unfollow people just uncheck the box on your settings so you choose what or what not notifications you receive.

• Actually you can change the settings.
    But still, annoying. I pop into GAG this morning and first thing I notice is 24 notifications...

• Yeah I had a lot of notifications too. I had to change some of the new settings they added in that new updated. (and there's a lot of new notification settings now)

• I dislike this update... I really do
    the first update that I dislike

• me too

the others were tolerable, but this one... I just think it is annoying and quite pointless

• I can take back what I said. I found out that you can change it in your settings, the notifications.
      But yeah :/

• Even I am going 😲😲

• Yup this sucks actually... I mean I seriously don't want to know if some poll that I voted in is closed or not... this seems to be the most moronic change they have made

• Unfollow me :'(. You can fix that without unfollowing people by making changes in settings.

• You can manage that in settings 😏😏😏

• Well, I'm like getting NO notifications at all for some reason.

• amen. Dumbest update ever. Only need to see replies, or the every now and then pick and MHO

• i got more than double yours. i dont pic MHO but i m down to 39 now.

• I know... it blows!

• it's bullshit, is like they're always trying to figure out how to make Gag worse and more annoying

• what the f... gag is going down...

• why won't u be here?

• Settings... and uncheck wotever ya don't want in Conversations section...

What Girls Said 22

• How do we close an 'open question'? I have three questions well over 24 hrs old but can't ask another one because I have open questions. It's very annoying. Yes and all of the messages.

• I had never heard about open questions

Im sure this is part of the update...

• Just go to settings and down to the bottom where you see notifications settings. Changed all the settings straight away lool all those unnecessary notifications were irritating me.

• I know it's really aggravating. I logged on wondering why my notifications were blowing up only to see that none of it has anything to do with me.

I don't care about some poll I answered a week ago

• haha! i have 146 notification! UGH!

• I felt so special when I first logged on with like 100 notifications.

Then realized none were directed at me at all...

My spirit... it is crushed...

• Yeah I was annoyed AF too then I found out you can change/unmark specific settings so you should do the same... Either that or unfollow everyone you've followed 😛

• XD I was joking

I am not going to unfollow anyone

I was just trying to antagonize the GAG admins lol

This was too much!

• Oh, My Goodness, @HookingSwan, are you Leaving us Here, dear?
    Pick and Choose what you Want, Use the Setting that They say is Provided to Only Reply to What you Want But... Don't Unfollow anyone...
    Why do the Good have to Suffer with the Bad in GAG?
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you

I was joking about unfollowing
      Obviously Id never do that. But I just opened GAG and I had 106 notifications on account of this update

I am not thinking of leaving. But I am tired of GAG. I won't be as active as I used to be

• You and me alike @HookingSwan.. I firmly believe and feel, that my time here is almost to a close.

• @SolitaireBond OMG!!! Take a small break but Leave your Lovely profile in case you come back in a little while.:)) xxoo

• :D I'm actually happy to get notifications again. Since normally with gag I would miss 99% of any content people I follow post. Which makes me sad. So now that it's showing me a notification about them. I can see what they are actually talking about.

• yes the problem is it fills up the notifications

• That doesn't seem like a huge problem. I think majority of the notifications you can just go to settings and change it so you don't get them.

• You can change what you get settings for at the bottom of the 'settings' page. :)

• GAG has gone insane. These changes were not thought out well.

• Am in complete and utter agreement with you @HookingSwan.. But may I please ask where you're off to? :)

• I am just going to become less active

That's it

I am a bit tired of GAG these days

• You and me alike @HookingSwan.. I firmly believe and feel that my time here is almost to a close.

• lol. that is one of the only updates I actually like. it always annoyed me that I never knew when the people I follow asked questions considering I only follow people because I like their questions and/or opinions.

• aargh!! it's very annoying indeed. I'll find how to deactivate it asap

• I know right! sucks. But you can turn it off. The one with the polls really pisses me off! I'm going to stop clicking on the one with polls less now.
    Take care

• thank u

I didn't know they had changed something in the polls

I have been less active and as soon as I sign in I have 8 notifications, then 26 and now 46... all from questions I didn't comment in LOL

• Yessss i hate this change soooo much 😓😒

• You're taking a break too.
    Where are you off too, if I may ask?
    I just got back from one but will probably go on another break soon.

• I am not off to anywhere

I am just tired of GAG these days

I still log in from time to time, but I am not as active as I was. I haven't been answering questions and this is the first question I ask in weeks, I think...

• Me too. I got back from a 1+ month break just to find this. This site keeps going downhill. Since summer for sure. The analytics prove it. GaG used to be fun. But the site is losing functionality so fast, that I've also been on here much less too.

• There is an option in the settings where you can change what notifications you get.

• Did you find out how to turn notifications off in the Settings.

• I had 60. Its annoying.

• Haha, just go to settings and unmark them. :)

• Yeah literally though what the fuck gag? I got on gag with 35 notifications for stupid shit