Why is GAG erasing your private messages automatically?

I just checked my messages because I had a new one but when I looked I saw that one of the people who's meassges I was saving (for sentimental reasons), wasn't there anymore. Which I'm ticked about! I know I didn't delete it, so since when did they decide to start deleting your private messages? And, what makes them think it's okay to do that? I was saving that for a reason and now I won't get those messages back and I'm upset about it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• From now on, copy and paste your messages you want saved into a document and save it on your computer or screen shot it from your phone. I'm sorry that happened to you. I thought I had saved messages longer than three months before, but perhaps I am mistaken.

What Guys Said 6

• If you message GAG, they might be able to give you the content of those messages. There was something of mine that got deleted and I asked them if they could send it back to me, so I could save it somewhere else. They gave me the content. So as long as they have it on some back up somewhere, you might be able to get it back. Hope you get it back.

• Data costs money, messages from several months ago is a lot of data if you consider the amount of messaging, as well as the amount of users here.

GaG should have sent a memo about how long these messages are saved, so situations like yours don't happen again.

• People say that it gets deleted after 3 months, but I feel like that is a new thing... How are you anyways?

• They probably do that to older asks i guess. Space on servers maybe.

• Yeah, they've been doing this for a long time and I hate it too.

• Don't they get deleted every 3 months?

What Girls Said 5

• Hey, loveisbeautiful, just like @Mesonfielde said, messages get deleted after 3 months http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/features#191

• No clue ask gag! lol

• I'm pretty sure when the site changed over from the old site to the new one, that all changed.

of course, at that time, we lost a lot of things we had been saving.

• Guess they have always done that. My messages get automatically erased eventually, dunno why they do that, though.

• Wow so does that mean they can read our PMs too?