GaG started closing questions? how do you feel about that?

After how long do they get closed since they were posted? also what is "allow only private opinions"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Private opinion means that no one besides the asker and the poster will be able to see it. It's a pretty stupid idea I dare say. Makes us moderators pretty useless sine trolls can now just post privately.

What Girls Said 11

• I think that's a really cool, unique feature. That's a great way to filter out those answerers who are just participating to gain worthless likes or dilute the question with some pointless popularity contest. It's also a really great way to immediately generate truly helpful dialogues and in-depth advice. Some life matters are private and none of us are entitled to peek in on conversations that don't involve us.

• I think the closing feature limits getting the highest amount of opinions. I hate that but the private feature is good.

• Hmmm I guess it could possibly do that but that might reduce the amount of answerers who are not serious about giving legitimate, helpful, thoughtful advice. I love the one-on-one aspect.

• I think that feature is the reason why some people have left Gag, which is a shame.
    The question will be closed as soon as you give MHO to someone on your question. And private opinions are opinions the asker and the opinion owner can only see and respond to each other (I think)

• I'm not a fan. I think we should have the option to close questions if we don't want any more opinions. It shouldn't be mandated, though.

• I don't know, and it just means that nobody else can see your opinion but the person asking the question.

• I don't like that they're now closing questions. Some questions are still relevant and helpful no matter how long ago they were asked.

• I think it's kind of silly...

• I hate it.

• I don't like the idea and many other changes they have made. They should put it back the way it was before.

• fucking stupid

• Dumbest update yet.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't like it, I've seen questions that I wanted to write a answer to and they were closed but somehow they were at the top of the feed. I also don't really see a reason for it, maybe the person with the most interesting answer will only see the question way after it was asked but then they can't write the answer. Also a person below 5 xper rank can only have 3 open questions at a time which also sucks. If you want to pos more questions get more xper but because you can't post more question you'll get xper slower. It's only been live for a short time and already a bunch of issues have come up so I think it sucks.

• I do not like that one change of closing questions.. I do realize they said they did it so that other questions will then be answered that do not maybe get as much attention as some others do, but with the ways there are on here to find those questions.. believe me if people want to comment on them they very much will.. some of them though are so dumb and stupid.. that a lot of people figure those questions should go unanswered anyways.. that is why there are no comments on them.. hope you take that closing of the questions questions off.. or extend the time of them

• Don't see anything useful about closing questions. If someone has a good or useful opinion on a question that was asked years ago then they should be allowed to post it. The asker's are never too old to learn something.

• I hate the closed question stuff. That's the only thing I don't like about the new update. The other notification stuff; I don't know why people are complaining when they can turn them all back off. The other new updates are mostly to myTake authors and question askers which I never write myTakes neither do I ever ask questions so, I'm indifferent.

• Worst part of the update

• Personally, I like it a lot. It was a bitch when I was still getting answers after I awarded the MHO. As far as I'm concerned, once the MHO is awarded, the question should no longer be valid.

• Per @xhoneyxbeex 48 hours of no activity

• After 48 hours they say... normally...

Although one of ma question's still open... but why man?