Why is every question getting closed?

Ok this adds one more to the list of leaving GaG. I'm extremely pissed at the people who made GaG. I mean its only us, the GaG community thats making this site earn money. Its like some singers-they wouldn't be successful if it wasn't for their fans and people who buy their albums.
And GaG is totally ignoring us. On a site where most people want to leave anyways but can't get themselves to do it, little things matter. And the notifications are whack, they're closing almost every question, and there's so many other things.. I might leave like right now honestly, the site is already fucked up, this just makes it worse.

Most Helpful Guy

• This new update that closes questions after 48 hours (or even quicker if a MHO is selected) seems WAY too brief a window of time for people to see and participate in questions, in my opinion.

I understand the desire to keep things fresh with activity for new questions --- and some other websites' message boards also use the technique of closing threads after a certain period of inactivity too --- but closing after only TWO DAYS seems way too hasty. I get that, in this age of smartphones and instant gratification, 2 days without new activity seems like an excruciating lifetime for some people lol. But the fact of the matter is that people still have busy lives, and they may not get around to seeing or answering questions from the past few days. Cutting things off after only 48 hours (or less) will actually prevent a lot of people from participating. And then we'll end up with a bunch of truncated threads that have no answers or only a few, with no ability to add any opinions to liven them up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got you, I hope the developers hear what people are saying and fix it.

What Guys Said 4

• A better question would be why is GAG getting so fucked up after just one senseless update. Questions are needlessly closed, people complain of having too many notifications while I have none at all.
    I just went back to an question on which I posted an opinion and turns out someone had replied to me. And I was not notified for some reason. ffs #StopTheseStupidUpdates

• When questions get MHO then they close the question.

The end of GAG has come. Messages r fucking up, I probably have like 20 notifications

• I think they even close when MHA is not selected to. Messages are stuffed up. I am not getting notifications for messages. I don't like a lot of the new changes, espically the "private" one.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau click on the bell to clear them all and then go to "Edit profile" and then "My settings" and down the bottom of the page you can untick the ones you don't want to get notifications from.

• @Applefan1 yeah, i know. i did that last night... or so i thought. i woke up to 54 fucking messages. but the fact that it's possible to get 100 fucking messages in 24 hours when 99% of them are irrelevant to me is what pisses me off.

• Yes. It's horrible. If I didn't have time to waste I would not be here

• Everyone will stop caring about it soon enough. These public "threats" of leaving GAG are futile.

What Girls Said 0