Why do the mods keep locking every thread? Have the rules changed?

One of the things I liked about G@G is that the mods were more easy going than other sites. But I feel like I can't post because I'm always getting notifications of closed threads. Why can't we discuss things?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's so annoying. They gave all questions a 2 day limit to get answers on and also made it so some answers are only visible to the question asker... This is to make the site have better content apparently. I don't know how having less answers and not seeing some answers makes for better content, but whatever...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• It's nothing to do with the mods, I'm afraid. It's a new update of the site, it affects us too. If the question hasn't received an opinion in 48 hours or an MHO is chosen, the question gets locked and it sucks.

• where have u been man?

• It's GAG latest useless update.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't blame the mods. Most of them are upset about it, too, especially the new "private" option on questions and replies. It's the admins who need to address this self inflicted train wreck.

• It is a result of some messed up site updates, where questions are automatically closed after 48 hours of inactivity.

• That actually makes sense but I don't see the need to keep sending notifications for everything that closes

• Go to your settings page, and turn off such notifications.

• It's not moderators. It's automatic.