Why is everyone leaving GAG?

Someone explain this madness! ):

Most Helpful Guy

• They are probably just tired of reading the same questions.
    This is probably the usual. Liike... 6 in 6 monthss people go away, then new people come and know themselve and leave 6 m later, the new guys come and same thing...

What matter's is that you get the contacts from people that you liked on gag.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh Apple, I think it's probably due to the changes! This happened the last time GAG underwent a transformation. I can certainly understand why people are leaving. But I'm not going anywhere :)

I just hope they listen and make the changes we are all asking for. I'm sure more changes will come!

• I don't even get my notification for my question anymore ):

• Happens with me also... some notifications appear, other's noot... settings are alright, i guess the code is bugging a little, more days and it's good.

What Guys Said 37

• I don't know who left, but being a user of this site going on 2 years... it sucks now. GAG staff is trying to replicate this platform exactly like facebook, uncannily similar except its madness, the fluidity is gone and to be frank so is the old users simply because gag won't ask us what to do, instead they experiment. Low and behold people leave because the site is going downhill with ridiculous rhetoric of changing the site for the better and not doing anything with the current problems.

• Well, it makes me wonder: Are people actually LEAVING GirlsAskGuys?

My former account was near a Guru status back last July, when it was suddenly deactivated for absolutely no reason at all. I had SO many "Xper" points saved up, and ten different "MyTakes"-In which SIX were featured. I was so devastated.

I have this account now, which I don't get on much. According to people who have made new accounts, many of their accounts were deactivated as well.

Conclusion: It's not that people are leaving, it's just extremely easy to get your account suspended on this site.

• No I talk to people who decide to leave thats all.

• @BelleGirl21 @Prof_Don @jacquesvol I was user name "CincinnatiRedsFan."

I didn't do anything I thought was "questionable." Sure, I had my arguments, but I was usually civil, and I have seen much much much crazier, absurd comments from people on here, who weren't deactivated.

Belle, it made me so mad! You have always been one of my favorites on here.

• Yes I was so sad when you suddenly "left".

• I would think that many people are leaving because the trolls have become more rampant and G@G has undergone too many changes in a short period of time.

• Can't make people stay if they don't want to stay. They have to make changes and make a deal or offer that prior users cannot refuse order for them to return.

I think I'd leave eventually also unless if they change the whole loss of points system such as changing it to you only have to log in once or twice in ever 3 or 4 months after reaching level 8 or something. After I reach level 7 I think I'd re-assess on whether I should continue to stay around long term. Otherwise I'd log in much less than I normally would.

I think GAG need to offer new and better or more interesting incentives for users to stay around here for long periods of time such as those that had been here more than 1 year.

For me I just want a way to keep my XP points and not lose any of them unless I had not log in at least once every 3 to 4 months each year.

• It probably has to do with this "question is closed" nonsense.

• Question is closed?

• @ThisBeautifulGirl No, but they're CLOSED and you can't post on them so WHO CARES

• That And... A bit More than Meets the Eye, @Mesonfielde xx

• We were recruited to leave the planet after most of us were deemed cool enough for the galactic community.

I don't know.

Maybe it sold out and it's songs are in jean commercials now.

Maybe it was bought by Disney and all these people were hardcore original girls-ask-guys fans.

• Many would like to have super powers
    Human's superpower is 'adaptation'
    A few simple updates is nothing short for the power of adaptation

People come and go, its a natural course
    Whoever stays, sees this transition, live to fight another day...

• I'm just sick of all the tinkering, come on, what was so bad about the old G@G? The only thing I wanted was better interface and an android app. It's kinda lost its fun.

• I won't be as active until they fix their "updates" (downdates is more like it), but I won't leave the site.

• I farted in the lobby

• Whenever there is change and upheaval, some defections can be expected. Who has left that you know of?

• I don't like I can't have 3 questions out and they don't stay up long at all. In rather for the thing sit so I can gather info from a variety of users. Maybe some people don't login as much as others and don't even get a chance to say anything... oh also don't like the so and so commented posted that feed. Its too busy

• Um I'm still here lol a lot of us older folks are still here and we have over 100,000 users you know.

• I dunno and don't care since I'm not going anywhere.

• I dont know i was going to post a question
    asking who else is considering leaving, but the dumb update wouldn't let me post it.

• we found LIFE in a hopeless place.. We found life in a hopless place 🎶🎶

• People are going because of all the different changes and updates.

People are always afraid of what's different.

I'm sure we will get use to it.
    Part of me why the changes have happened we will just have to see how it goes.

• And for Being Bullied as I have seen and Heard here, @adamski24.
      Now, GAG Just has Made it Easier it seems, to Clean House. xx

• I just am less active now. Study pressure is decreasing, I'm starting to enjoy it all more and am less active here

• As for me personally, I don't even know if I could if I wanted to. I don't know any other good social sites...
    Do you know of any particularly good ones? (I'll still be on GaG.)

• I have not found any, for I did look before I found GAG.. this is Number One, @clampfan101
      However, a lot can happen in 2 years time since I have been here, dear. xx

• Fret not, child. I'm still here kickin around.

• Who else has left? I'm still here :)

• Because it is a weak forum.

• But.. I just got here.. 😢

• Madness? This is... actually nevermind.

• Who left?

• I don't know, I'm still here for now

• I am never leaving Gag...

• Because they keep clicking on questions in the live feed that are already closed...

• I dunno, people say it's because of the Ubdates, but the updates don't bother me that much

• Well, the quality has decreased substantially.

• More from Guys
    7

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 24

• the amount of shit people are gonna talk about me when i leave this place... stupendous.

• Your not leaving are you /= ?

• I'll get mad should you leave 😒

• Don't you do it, jB! I'll fly to Australia and knock on every door until I find the Bananahammockz household and sign you back up myself!

• People are really unsatisfied with the latest update. They may be back. Don't worry. There are plenty of good users still here.

Good luck and Great Question, @apple24. xx

• Gag sucks cock now...

• Cuz this update sucks. Actually I have no idea.
    And I think I need to leave as well

• They keep nerfing this site like mad. So they are just doing a shitty job of fixing the actual problems.

• Thank god I have already put a reply on here.:D Honestly this new update is probably a HUGE reason why people would be leaving. Honestly this makes me hate this website with a great passion. Along with I feel like it's cut everyone off from others. Since you never get accurate notification warnings or anything. So it's like you never know when someone actually answers something you wrote anymore. This website is making me feel blind actually. Which I'm really hating this feeling.

@GirlsAskGuys

• I had no idea people were leaving! I honestly don't get on all that often, but really just get on every once in a while. Maybe people aren't getting on as frequently, or as others said in the comments maybe their accounts have been deactivated. Does anyone know reasons for why an account would be deactivated?

• The questions started to be repetitive as hell and the new updates are sh*t.
    When I first saw the updates I was thinking of leaving this site. I would rather be with my middle school classmates for 24 hours without internet than having GaG's new updates.
    I wanted to ask a question but GaG doesn't let me to. It's not a life important question, but still! 😤
    Now I need to give MHO's like crazy to can ask that question. 😒

• This site does some strange things to you and makes you want to leave... lol!
    I left and then came back :-)

• I've only been on here a month but I'm thinking about deactivating my account because of these updates!

• Yeah its some BS!

• I agree completely. These updates are, for lack of a better word, RETARDED.

I do not need to be updated every single fucking time someone else gets MHA.

• Updates are a good thing. Also, you can personalize notifications.

• Who has left GaG?

• Don't tell me COdy left!!!

• I guess some of the reasons may be: a lot of troll questions, a lot of pointless questions where people lie (that's such a waste of everyone's time), assholes (oh, the lot!), perverted messaging...

• I noticed that they left, GAG was about to be the Top but they don't care about what Gagers want , study shows many Updates usually make people leave ,, I'll give gag last chance : )

• Because the updates are all stupid

• Because itschanging to much also people are trying to go on with their lives

• The updates are super annoying now
    How the heck are you going to give me 200+ notifications and close my questions without my consent? I dont give mho to a 1 year old question for a reason, stop notifying me because i will never care.

• I'm still here 😊 I almost was gonna leave Gag and I asked a question once saying if I should leave Gag and then I da sided to stay

• Because there's too many notifications now 😒

• many people rage quit GaG en masse when there are too many stupid changes being made at once

• WHO left?

• Migration

• I've noticed that. Old users and users who used to be active, are no longer here.
    Maybe they didn't like the changes or they got tired of the website.
    But it was always been this way, some leave and then some come.

• Everyone! Create a Twitter and socialize on there! And talk to me so I can bore the death outta you, like I do my bestie @theluckyone1