Are You Aware That You Can Make Adjustments To New Changes On GAG?

I am seeing many complaints about things like too many notifications. You can fix that. Every time there is a change, GAG posts something called "G@G News". You can find a link in the top right of your Live Feed screen. On the most recent News is a list of the changes, and also how you can adjust how they affect you. Most interesting to people on here is probably the section on notifications. And it includes instuctions on how each of you can select what you are getting notified about. Read that as how to turn off the notifications you do not want to receive.

What do you think GAG can do to make information on the changes more available?

I just now checked back on this question and found that there are three comments on opinions and one new opinion that I did not get notifications about. The crowd is getting ugly!!! When will this be fixed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm aware of that and I've customized my notifications. Now it seems that I'm not getting ANY of them, but still getting notifed about other people getting MH or asking questions or when polls are closing. All stuff I don't give a damn about.

What annoys me more though is the whole closed questions and private opinions thing. They said they were improving site content and making it more available, but I think that does the exact opposite. I don't want to click on a question just to find out I can't read potentially useful opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I felt very silly this morning.. and actually over the last three days.. as I kept getting all these notifications.. even though not one was related to me.. so I went back to setting's this morning and found that all this could be stopped as there were many setting's I had never seen before.. I do not know if I just never scrolled down the page far enough to see these setting's in the first place or they just added them.. but all is well now.. I changed it to the way I want it now and what notifications I want and do not want.. all is good

• The increase in setting options came with this latest change. It did not work as expected so they recently fixed many things. Aaaand, it still doesn't work correctly. A few more attempts and maybe they will get it right. Or not.

• Just so you know, I held off on the selection of MHOs so it would not close, but there were no opinions or comments for two days and it was closed because of that. I selected the MHOs AFTER I saw it had been closed.

What Girls Said 8

• I may Gripe, @Red_Arrow of the More Millions of New Notification Raw Deal but I still Can Deal with it and Often... It is Most Helpful. In fact, with the New changes here, dear, I am Getting More of This now and Less messages because Many People on GAG are Swamped as well themselves.
    Thank you for Posting, This was 'Most Helpful' on your own Part.
    Good luck. xx

• Lol I see why you asked... Clearly most people haven't seen this mytake or haven't read it thoroughly:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25903-less-opinions-on-more-questions-privacy-notifications

• I think a lot of people avoid the myTakes. One of the "rules" to remain an editor is to crank out myTake after myTake, and they suffer in quality because of that. So between that reason and the fact that I did not want to simply repeat what they could read in the "G@G News" I chose to make this a question. But thank you for posting the link to the explaining myTake. I forgot about that.

• yeah i was thinking the same thing.

• I think that they should send a newsletter regarding changes to our messages to make them more available.

I get people do not like a large majority of the new updates, but personally, I think the amount of complaining about it is absolutely ridiculous. Every time it just blows my mind that people get their panties in a bunch over it.

• Its because you haven't been here long enough.

• I agree about the newsletter idea. I feel like most of the communications I see from the admins I come across by luck unless they're sent to my GaG inbox. I wish they would better utilize the News feature they have.

• People complain because the admins are not listening to what most users want often enough. Yet they ask us for suggestions all the time. Most of the updates they've done have been positive, but not this most recent one.

The site used to be a more cohesive community, with admins who were way more engaged with the members. Then they went and updated the entire site to the current layout and things changed. That was two years ago now and it's been like that ever since.

• I changed my settings and I'm still getting notifications I do NOT want and not getting notifications for things I DO want. media.giphy.com/media/zSJsBKGkoQBHy/giphy.gif

• Don't know how you set your settings. I left mine alone for a long time just to see what the results would be (I was swamped with stuff I don't need), then I changed the settings to what seemed to be how things were before, and I am getting pretty much the notifications that I did before the changes.

Perhaps you should tweak them a bit till you find what works best for you. Although it is possible that your preferences can not be met exactly with their settings.

• I've changed theme a few times trying to see if that would kick the system into doing what I want and it's a miracle every time I get a notification for anything I want.

• My complaint is that I'm not getting notified when people answer MY QUESTIONS AND OPINIONS. YET I'm getting notified when OTHER people's questions and opinions are RESPONDING TO THEIRS! LOL WTF GAG?

• Yea I didn t know until aledeeurope told me loo

• I can make adjustments but they don't work. I am getting no notifications at all

What Guys Said 3

• They said at the end of it "You've convinced us, it's coming back". And that's all that needs to be said about that.

• I figured this out on my own but it's good that you posted this because a lot of people got swamped with notices.
    They could send an auto message to everyone.

• Thank you for letting us know because seeing that I have 60+ notifications about how someone else's opinion was selected as most helpful was totally useless and annoying to me.