Why are questions being closed so soon after asked?

Sometimes in less than 24 hours...

Most Helpful Girl

• Closing questions has got to be the silliest idea they can come up with on A SITE THAT IS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS!
    Defeats the purpose if you ask me.

I guess because people select MH too soon. That automatically closes it.

I really, really hope they get rid of this silly, counterintuitive feature ASAP, or at the very least LET US DECIDE IF WE WANT THEM CLOSED.
    I get the whole "disavow" feature kinda does that, but it's not the same because sometimes we don't want to let the question go.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, they have been changing things lately, notifications, private replies so other's can't see it... all of which is very disapointing IMHO. Going down hill;-(

What Girls Said 4

• I can understand closing a message if you pick an MHO.

What I don't understand is when they close it when you haven't picked an MHO at all. Along with still wanting that question to be open for a bit. Then if you want to ask a question they pressure and force you to close a question that is still hot and going. Though if you want to ask the question you have no choice but to close the extra questions that are still open.

I will hate gag greatly until they change that. I honestly don't want to ask questions anymore due to that feature.

• If you choose MHG the question is closed. Read this for more info.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25903-less-opinions-on-more-questions-privacy-notifications

• If you pick a MHO they will automatically close

• Maybe the asker has selected MHO already, else I couldn't explain this.

What Guys Said 4

• I think that it's because MHO is being selected.

• Watch the stock plummet..

• I the asker choses a most helpful answer I think it closes the question now

• Wish it was like dat... I asked one 3 days ago... I selected MHO for both genders... and it's still fuckin' open...

Why? Wot I'm doin' wrong? It's really weird it happens only to me...