Do you hate asking questions on gag now?

I honestly don't want to ask any more questions on here. Mainly due to the fact that they force you to close a question before you can ask another. Which for me I keep my questions open as long as they are being hot. So when I know a lot of people are still replying to them. When they become dead within a day or so. Then I cut my losses and would close it.

Even if you don't pick MHO yet they will still close your questions. Which that pisses me off actually. So I might as well just close any questions I have asked so far and not bother to ask anymore. Since I seriously hate it and refuse to go along with that.

Honestly yes this will probably be my last question for a while until they change it. So until then I don't have any desire to ask anything else on here.

• Yes I hate it now
  • No I don't hate it
  • Damn you gag!

Most Helpful Guy

• OMG YES, can't even ask a question cause I have more than 4 questions currently open. Now I'm too afraid to select MH as it automatically closes the question from receiving any further questions.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• This change was so unpopular that I don't think it's gonna last long...

• Hopefully sooner than later, after most of the regulars have left as the removal of the downvote was just about as unpopular and they've had enough time to bring another update, yet the downvote failed to return.

• If you read what @girlsaskguys have posted about this update they say the dislike button is being reintroduced because everyone wanted it back. They had a poll running recently to discuss the format of it and it will be coming back. Hopefully they will listen about this too. No one seems to want their questions closed in a couple of days. Especially for lower level posters it can take that long for people to start responding properly. I don't mind it closing once MHO has been selected as it suggests the Asker has had a helpful response, but this is just gagging GAG and people aren't happy.

• @Wizbit Yeah the MHO closing is fine. It's when they close it on their own after 2 days that's annoying. If they have to close them with or without the MHO being picked. They could at least wait 5 days to close it. Since majority of questions I see on gag. It's normally a day to 3 days later that I'm able to see them.

• If what u say is true, then this site will be officially dead in 3-6 months.

Forcing questions to close within two days, AND only having one question up at a time available for opinions, TOTALLY KILLS the main reason this site exists (to get advice and to have discussions).

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon of boycotting every change, but this one is horrific and literally will kill the site off.

@GirlsAskGuys I beg you; for the preservation of this website's community (the thing that separates this site from the rest of the internet ), please remove this "closing of questions" feature. 😭😪😰

• Thanks for your feedback, Prof_Don. Just to clarify something though, questions are not being closed two days after being posted. They are closed after 48 hours of *inactivity* which means when the question stops receiving new opinions, replies, or poll votes for 48 hours, it will be closed. The QA can also select MHO to close it sooner if they want to.

• @GirlsAskGuys in my opinion it would be better to give the user the option of manually closing questions at their own discretion. Literally EVERY users would agree with me about this.

I must ask this question to you for the GaG community; what was the reasoning behind adding the "closing" of questions in the first place?

If u don't want to answer this publicly on this question, you can inbox me and I'll keep it a secret. #ScoutsHonor

• Questions become closed after a Most Helpful is selected or after a certain period of inactivity in order to allow the community to focus on newer questions that are being posted. Thanks again for your feedback!

• Yeah it pisses me off cause of that too. I don't like being forced to give mh so I can ask more questions. I'd rather have limited amount of questions and always have open questions. Plus knowing how they are I have a feeling when they bring downvotes the downvote system won't be the same. Like it would probably be like you can only downvote questions and not opinions lol, or you can only downvotes 2 opinions a day or depending what level you are, like a master can only downvotes 6 opinions every 24 hours lol.

• Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a dick move like that.

• I don't really see the point to it. They could just message the person in the Inbox about it.

• They figured they're increase content by restricting people from making content and by blocking people from answering content.

It's genius. I especially love how the No Opinions section PROBABLY WANTED THEIR QUESTIONS CLOSED WITH 0/0 OPINIONS

Select MHO?

What MHO?

LOL

• It doesn't actually bother me that much. Usually, when i ask a question, i want answers within that day, and if that doesn't happen its no longer relevant after another day or two.

I even remember complaining about all the notifications i got when my questions became popular and i got hundreds of answers. I was annoyed because my question was already answered sufficiently, yet i kept getting spammed with new answers. I'd rather get the answer (s) i need and forget about the question as soon as possible.

However, i am pissed that they didn't bring back downvotes--even after going through the trouble of making an official poll asking us what we would want to call them. Smh

• Now you can turn off unwanted notifications that should help with the spamming. What about if the question closed once you selected MHO? That way you get the control over it rather than people having their questions closed with maybe one answer saying "can't say as I'm a virgin" or similar.

• I rarely asked questions and now I'm probably not doing it anymore. Why would I if I'm forced to select mho in 48 hours and my question will be closed regardless if I got good opinions or not?

• I feel that all moderators, masters and gurus should simply go on strike for a week. Joined by anyone else that's pissed off.

• They update this site like it's run by someone with OCD.

• OCD people would do a better job than these people. This is more like ADHD horrible mess.

• There's a very high possibility gag will be changing it back soon. Because if you go to the topic "gag" there's at least 15 questions about how much they hate the new gag and the polls are always one sided to being "Yes, I hate it now".

• I can live with questions being closed after you pick a MHO. What I can't stand is being pressured to hurry up and pick one. If gag has to close a question before you pick MHO. I wish they would wait at least 5 days after the question was asked. Since I've noticed questions are normally truly dead after 5 days.

• No it does not work for me.

• Weird. I wonder what they did to mess that up.

• just felt like voting 'damn you gag!' cause it reminded me of Meg from family guy
    But I don't know, I haven't asked a question since the update came out

• I never asked much questions anyway, but the closing of questions took almost all motivation to visit this site because I can't answer the questions I'm interested in.

• That's why I've lost motivation to ask questions. Even if you don't pick an MHO they will close your question anyways. Along with if you want to ask anymore questions you have to close some by giving MHO first. Which annoys the hell out of me since some questions are still going hot. So I want to have as many opinions as possible. I only want to close it when I know the question is dead. Though they have taken away that choice. -_-

• I have yet to ask a question since the update and didn't know that! That's ridiculous, I cannot stand this update. WHY JUST WHY

• I don't like it but i do get more MHO opinions now.

• Fixing what's not broken, always a very bad idea.

• The funny side about gag kinda becomes smaller with too much asks control.
    But i'm sure they are just making experiences and learning from our opinions.

• yes i hate that! i love asking questions and getting many perspectives on it too! but they force you to close em now

errrrr

• Forcing the questions to close irritates me. But if the reason is resource limitation then I understand. Otherwise I can't think of why they did it.

• I think someone should make a petition on gag to change this hopefully they will see it and reconsider

• Sometimes yes.
    But nowadays I hate when someone whom I follow ask a question. Becoz it gives me a notificaiton lol finally I solved it...

• i disliked it as well...
    its even worse when your question isn't seen or awnsered by anyone (or barely anyone)

• Seriously they need to change this..

• I can't stand this update. I don't even get notifications any more on anything 😥

• I never asked questions here so, the update doesn't affect me as much.

• If ya don't give MHO... then yer not gonna be able to ask new questions...

There's no 3-4-5 questions every 24 hours anymore... just 3-4-5 open questions available dependin' on yer Xper Level... so as a Guru... yer able to have 4 open...

• Nope not anymore.

• Aha... so they're gonna choose themselves if ya don't select?

But why one of ma question's still open even if I chose MHO and it's been asked 3 days ago? It can't be explained...

• They did the update Yesterday. So that could be a reason for your question. Still being open even though you gave MHO.

• I'm going to delete my account soon, this site sucks.

What Girls Said 8

• Yup. Just came back to GAG after a few weeks and wtf. Closing questions, notifications. And I thought removing the thumbs down was bad 😒 Gonna disappear again

• "C" for Cunning on Their Own Part, @Mustachekitteh.
    Good luck. xx

• I don't ask many questions, but I do dislike that they are closed.

• I might leave because of it... I don't know yet... gonna try living with it but we'll see

• This site is going downhill fast lol

• They force you to close it before you can ask another one? Laaaaaaaaame!

• Not only that but like I said. They close it before you even pick an MHO.

So for questions at guru level. You can ask up to 4 questions and have them open. Any more than that you have to close the question before you can ask anymore. So they took out the wait 24 hours part.

• This doesn't really affect me much being as I don't ask that many questions.

• What really bugs me now is when these questions that are closed pop up in my feed.

• I still have 2 questions that have most helpful but still won't close. So irritating